Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Judging and rebuking

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:08 pm
If we do not judge each other through love then how can we rebuke one another. For it is through rebuking that we show our love for one another because it keeps our fellow believers on the narrow path. How can we keep His commandment of loving one another if we choose to watch our brother live in sin and not do anything about it? How can we watch him go outside the will of God and call that love? Do we hate each other so much to let that happen? Yet we constantly do that because the world tells us that it's wrong. This all because we, the body, have let Satan creep in and convince us that judging is against scripture. We have stopped studying the Word and have taken what the world says to be truth. That truth is completely false! Every part of scripture that talks about judging one another speaks about not judging hypocritically. It fact it condones judging, "For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves," 1 Corinthians 5:12, 13. In fact this has been prophesied "preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths," 2 Timothy 4:2-4. So why do we let this continue? Why do we let the world tell us lies and believe them as His truth? It is time to end this! It is time we stand up for our beliefs! They shall know us by our low for one another so it is time we stop hating our fellow brother and start rebuking.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:35 pm
Amen! heart  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:32 pm
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

Matthew 7:7

Sorry, but what Jesus and God has to say > what everyone else has to say. You're welcome to debate it, but I think Jesus made it pretty clear the first time around.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:02 pm
Blaise-Ingram
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

Sorry, but what Jesus and God has to say > what everyone else has to say. You're welcome to debate it, but I think Jesus made it pretty clear the first time around.

Jesus is talking about hypocrisy. Those who have one standard for themselves, and one for everybody else. He says that if you remove the plank from your eye, you can remove the speck from your brother.

Romans 2:1
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

In Matthew 7:2-5, Jesus warns against judging someone else for his sin when you yourself are sinning even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded us not to do. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his Christian duty to lovingly and respectfully confront the person with his sin (Matthew 18:15-17).  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:30 pm
Garland-Green
Blaise-Ingram

Jesus is talking about hypocrisy. Those who have one standard for themselves, and one for everybody else. He says that if you remove the plank from your eye, you can remove the speck from your brother.

Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

In Matthew 7:2-5, Jesus warns against judging someone else for his sin when you yourself are sinning even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded us not to do. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his Christian duty to lovingly and respectfully confront the person with his sin (Matthew 18:15-17).

I see, that makes sense if we're talking about a believer to another believer. I agree with that, we definitely need to hold each other up and tell one another when someone is straying from the right path.

I guess I must have misread the OP's post. :[  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:49 pm
So, do I not warn a non-believer of his/her sin?  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:46 am
Garland-Green
Blaise-Ingram

I completely agree.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:52 am
Servant Reborn
So, do I not warn a non-believer of his/her sin?
I think we should also warn non-believers.

Eze 33:1 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Eze 33:2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:

Eze 33:3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;

Eze 33:4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.

Eze 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

Eze 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take [any] person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:53 am
Eze 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

Eze 33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games