Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Edited: Fantasy RP Collab.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I H4ve Quit

Shy Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:26 am
Edited: I didn't like the previous idea, and so I am starting something new.

I have a few ideas for a fantasy roleplay, but I'm going to need a lot of help in turning this into a fully fledged story. My main problem lies in the plot and conflict. When I think up a story, it usually centers around one person. I need help in spreading the story to encompass everyone who participates, and an antagonistic force that could challenge all.

So.. without further ado, my idea.

-For reference, check out this particular Wikipedia article

-The RP takes place in a time one thousand years after Ragnarok, in a 1920's Scandinavian setting. The 1920's was the decade of prosperity after the Great War (WWI), and Ragnarok was the greatest war of them all, so I felt it would be fitting.

-All of the original Norse Gods, save Baldr, Höðr and Hel (who survive the conflict), are all dead. Odin, Thor, Loki and the rest do not exist, and no one but the gods have ever heard of them. However, Thor's sons Móði and Magni, as well as Odin's sons Víðarr and Váli survive and inherit their father's weapons Mjolnir and Gugnir, respectively. These make up the Æsir as humankind knows them.

-Many of the worlds of the Yggdrasil have burned up in Surt's flames. However, three places still remain: Gimlé, in the heavens, Niðafjöll, near the mountains in Hel (which, according to mythology, is a decent place despite being in Hel), and Náströnd, the Beaches of the Dead, which is much closer to our idea of Hell.

I almost want to turn these into cities and place it in a much more mundane setting. Gimlé could be a very upper-class, wealthy city where the rich and beautiful live close to the gods, Niðafjöll (Pronounced Nee-tha-fyoll, the "th" being pronounced like in "that" or "there") could be more rural, like a small farming town in a mountain valley, and Náströnd could be a tiny fishing village near a cold, rocky beach, where the victims of a "great conflict at sea" could have said to be washed ashore.

-The world after Ragnarok is said to be peaceful (except for ol' Nidhoggr harassing the dead), but a peaceful realm seldom makes a good RP. I need a conflict, maybe one that highlights the notorious Blue and Orange Morality of the gods. There is no "good and evil" in Norse Mythology; just everyone doing what they feel is right.
-Maybe some of the treasures of the gods survive the conflict, which then happen to fall into mortal hands? A fortunate lady might come across the Necklace of the Brisings. A child digging in her back yard might excavate a Valkyrie's helmet. Tyrfing is found in an iceberg, so on. The gods might want to reclaim these, and keep people in the dark about Ragnarok.

All of this is still unclear, though. All I have down is a setting and a few ideas for a plot. I'd love your help in creating a story from all of this for an RP. I've never created a roleplay and I'm excited about starting one.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:50 am
Bump.  

I H4ve Quit

Shy Friend

U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items