Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
My dog's death...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

w o l f - s m e x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:08 pm
My family dog died 2 days ago & it's been really hard. I've had her ever since I was 5 & she was my first dog. I can't stop crying because everything reminds me of her. Any ways to help make things a little better? Her death really impacted our family & our household isn't happy anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:13 pm
I am so sorry to hear this. I know from experience that getting over the death of a pet takes time, and it's different for every person. The best way I've dealt with this ordeal is to just let it all come out, then remember all the good times you had with your dog. It'll make you cry some more. It'll make you smile, and I'll bet you'll even find yourself laughing at some of the antics she's pulled over the years. Just know that she's now in a better place and is free of any pain. Take her memories with you, and one day she'll be there waiting to greet you with tail wagging when it's your time to pass. Perhaps one day you'll be ready to adopt another animal companion to love and care for. 3nodding

You might find interest in reading the poem entitled The Rainbow Bridge, found HERE in the Rainbow Bridge subforum.

*Thinks about all the pets I have lost over the years, who'll all be waiting for me on the other side.* smile See the detailed list of my memorialized pets found in the Pet Cemetary on pg. 2, post 2. *Reaches over to pet my elderly cat Kyo (siamese mix) when he grumps out at one of the 2 kittens (now 6 months old) being nearby.* 4laugh  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:14 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet that you've had from such a young influencial age is really hard. It feels like losing a family member. Sometimes worse because brother's & sisters move out...our pets are SUCH a big part of our lives, it can be difficult to learn to live without them.

What I have typically found helps ME move forward is to take as much time as possible to sit and put together a video memorial. I studied media arts so it's already a big hobby of mine. Another idea might be to make a photo scrapbook.

The first few nights I slept with my cats collar. Just having something of his on me made me feel a little less lost.

In time the pain will ease, and you will remember your dog with fond memories and be grateful and happy for having him in your life.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games