Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Prayer requests
Very sick kitty needs prayer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

s3tsuna_uchiha

Beloved Lunatic

21,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:37 am
It's been a horrible couple of days. Our 4 year old Cheetoh cat has been in the animal hospital in critical condition. Thursday night we found our kitty Obito laying on the floor in immense pain. He had been fine the night before. We picked him and found him not wanting to walk on his hind legs. Knowing they play rough on the cat tower we thought maybe he fell and hurt himself. So we put him in our bathroom with a soft bed, food, water, and a box. He wasn't interested in eating at all. We thought it was because of his obvious pain. Thinking he had broken a leg or dislocated a hip we went to bed with the intention of calling the vet first thing in the morning. Morning came and my little buddy hasn't moved and was now having trouble breathing. We called our new vet and took him right down. Come to find out his bladder was enlarged as well as his shoulder and neck area seemed tender. The vet cathed him and goin lots of blood in his urine. His bloodwork was off the charts and he was put in an incubator to help raise his low temp. He hasn't been able to recieve any medication at all throughout this. He finally did stabilize temp wise and yesterday his electrolytes were back into normal range. However his enzymes are raising, which is showing his kidneys are not working. So we did the last thing we could and that was put him on an IV Liquid drip. They are gonna try and flush his system. If he doesn't show improvement in a few days they will take more bloodwork and if the enzyme doesn't come down then we will have to put him to sleep. His bladder is so enlarged that he can pee by himself but he can't get it started the vet has to massage his bladder to help him. Please pray for our kitty Obito. Ask god to be with him and make him better. We don't want to lose him. :'(  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:52 pm
To all those that saw this and prayed. God has been good to us and gave us our miracle. Against all odds my little man is getting better. He was at deaths door and god held him in his loving hands and spared him. The vet is absolutely floored and amazed by his recovery. In fact when we arrived at the vet to see him, the vet was holding his IV bag and he was walking down the hall towards us meowing. It was the best sight in the world. smile  

s3tsuna_uchiha

Beloved Lunatic

21,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:01 pm
s3tsuna_uchiha
To all those that saw this and prayed. God has been good to us and gave us our miracle. Against all odds my little man is getting better. He was at deaths door and god held him in his loving hands and spared him. The vet is absolutely floored and amazed by his recovery. In fact when we arrived at the vet to see him, the vet was holding his IV bag and he was walking down the hall towards us meowing. It was the best sight in the world. smile

This is wonderful news! biggrin

I have seen a cat of my own pull through while waiting on death's door step - the feeling is amazing and knowing that they are still there in your life, it's worth every praise ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:27 pm
I hope that God continues to be with you, your kitty, and your family.

How is your kitty doing, by the way? Did they find out what was wrong with him? With such a low temp and blood in the urine and trouble breathing, and I don't want to speculate, but it sounds like septic shock (could have been caused from an internal infection or an abscess that caused bacteria to get into his bloodstream, which is dangerous.)... Poor little guy.

I hope the poor baby is feeling better, soon, and that they were at least able to find out what is wrong. I hope he fights it off like a champ.

Please keep us updated on his status...

And may God bless you and your family (kitties are certainly family, too)!  

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

s3tsuna_uchiha

Beloved Lunatic

21,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:55 pm
We finally were able to bring him home. The vet thinks that it started as a blockage that weakened him and caused him to fall off his cat tower and that's why his upper body was very sore. The blockage made his bladder expand and his kidneys to stop working for a time. That's why he was walking funny. We feel bad because neither me or my husband had any clue that he had a blockage. With him coming off his cat tower and walking funny we both assumed he had hurt his legs. cry Im very thankful that god was watching over the situation. He has made a full recovery. His kidneys are perfect as well as the rest of him. The vet told us that when he came in to her his electrolyte and enzyme levels were so high that she had never seen those numbers in a living cat before she also was astonished that he suffered no long term effects from it. God certainly makes miracles in all aspects of life even the little animals that he creates because the only way he is with us and 100% right now is because the good lord made it so. His first day back home he has spent roaming the house collecting pets and playing with his sister. He's now getting distilled water to drink to help prevent further blockages as well as eventually he will be on a special diet for the same reasons. Right now he's being a picky eater and only wants ocean fish fancy feast out of the can. xd He just started eating again on his own so we are giving him all the ocean fish fancy feast that he wants for now.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:26 pm
It's difficult to know at times when an animal has a blockage since it's something we can't always see or feel. No need to blame yourself for it, it isn't your fault.

I'm glad to hear that your cat has recovered and is doing great!

When one of our cats had a blockage, it wasn't a fun experience at all sad but they did recover! Once they were well, they were back to running around all over the place like normal razz and they tend to drink a lot of water in a day as well - more than the other cat does. I suppose it happens when an animal recovers from a blockage.

Animals can be pretty resilient and God does make that so 3nodding  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:02 am
Thank God for this, I'm so happy your kitty is okay now!

Man, that must have been so scary and just... terrifying. I know what it's like to take a sick kitty to the vet and eventually finding out that they'll never come home. It's really hard, and I was praying that you wouldn't have to go through that grief. I'm really, really relieved for you!

God bless you and your family, and I hope kitty stays in your family for many many more years to come. :]  
Prayer requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games