Submit

s3tsuna_uchiha

Beloved Lunatic

21,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 am
It's been a horrible couple of days. sad Our 4 year old Cheetoh cat has been in the animal hospital in critical condition. Thursday night we found our kitty Obito laying on the floor in immense pain. He had been fine the night before. We picked him and found him not wanting to walk on his hind legs. Knowing they play rough on the cat tower we thought maybe he fell and hurt himself. So we put him in our bathroom with a soft bed, food, water, and a box. He wasn't interested in eating at all. We thought it was because of his obvious pain. Thinking he had broken a leg or dislocated a hip we went to bed with the intention of calling the vet first thing in the morning. Morning came and my little buddy hasn't moved and was now having trouble breathing. We called our new vet and took him right down. Come to find out his bladder was enlarged as well as his shoulder and neck area seemed tender. The vet cathed him and goin lots of blood in his urine. His bloodwork was off the charts and he was put in an incubator to help raise his low temp. He hasn't been able to recieve any medication at all throughout this. He finally did stabilize temp wise and yesterday his electrolytes were back into normal range. However his enzymes are raising, which is showing his kidneys are not working. So we did the last thing we could and that was put him on an IV Liquid drip. They are gonna try and flush his system. If he doesn't show improvement in a few days they will take more bloodwork and if the enzyme doesn't come down then we will have to put him to sleep. sad His bladder is so enlarged that he can pee by himself but he can't get it started the vet has to massage his bladder to help him. sad Please pray for our kitty Obito. We don't want to lose him. :'(  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:33 am
I'll be keeping him in my thoughts, but I'm sorry, I have to say something. I don't mean to make you feel worse, but I really hope that this has showed you that you should have called an emergency vet at the first sign of pain. You even said yourself that the night before you thought he wasn't eating because he was in "obvious pain," not moving, not eating, with a possible broken bone and yet you still waited another day to call the vet? I would have been at the emergency vet at the FIRST sign of pain. Poor kitty. I can't imagine how that must feel. The longer you wait, especially with an enlarged bladder, the harder the treatment is. I hope everything works out alright, but I also hope you learned something very important.  

Ailinea

s3tsuna_uchiha

Beloved Lunatic

21,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:51 pm
Ailinea
I'll be keeping him in my thoughts, but I'm sorry, I have to say something. I don't mean to make you feel worse, but I really hope that this has showed you that you should have called an emergency vet at the first sign of pain. You even said yourself that the night before you thought he wasn't eating because he was in "obvious pain," not moving, not eating, with a possible broken bone and yet you still waited another day to call the vet? I would have been at the emergency vet at the FIRST sign of pain. Poor kitty. I can't imagine how that must feel. The longer you wait, especially with an enlarged bladder, the harder the treatment is. I hope everything works out alright, but I also hope you learned something very important.

Agreed however there are no emergency vets around here. None of the vets would even answer a phone until 8 am. If that would have been option we would have called. This area isn't as pet friendly as the last place we lived. Arizona had so many emergency vets and pet parks. In fact i even drive my kitten that died of FIP up to Tucson because they were the closest emergency vet available. Here in Kentucky you can't even walk your dog through a park let alone find a pet park. If we lose him we don't even have a place to bury him here. I'm gonna end up shipping him home to AZ so the pet cemetary can bury him by my squee squee. sad

The vet called for an update. My little guy is a fighter. He has perked up and is moving around as well as fighting her when she tries to give him tums or express his bladder. He was interested in his chicken but still wouldn't eat it. Tmr they are doing more bloodwork and we will know for sure whether its getting better.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games