Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Antithesis (TEST THREAD, Please read and discuss ideas)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like?
  K (Yes)
  Meh (Maybe)
  NO! (No)
  Gooby Plz. (Needs some tweaking, please add suggestions)
View Results

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 am
So, as some of you may know, I, the great Lord Sithious, am back on Gaia and have a new roleplay up and running that is doing somewhat well. However, I thought to myself a short while ago "could I make another roleplay that I'm not to worried about dying, but would still be really fun?" So, I'm hoping that this can be another one. I know a lot of you that know my other ideas want one of those roleplays to happen, but I still need time and, above all, roleplayers I know will do well. This is just a test thread though, and I plan on adding some pics to help with description later. If you have any ideas, please let me know! I hope you enjoy this! Word of warning ahead of time though, please don't join this roleplay if you think it, or other roleplays, may conflict for your attention. I would like people to post regularly, so long as it is possible, so please refrain from investing yourself in this if it will be too problematic for you in the future.

Antithesis: An opposition of something; a contrast of something; the direct opposite of something.

It's a cold, dim room somewhere, or perhaps a back alley way, or perhaps a pub or bar, or just about any other building you can think of. An old man is sitting across the table from you. Maybe you two are alone, maybe not, it doesn't really matter either way. "You know what an antithesis is? It's the complete opposite of something, the reverse. Simple example is good is the antithesis of evil." The man spoke with a smile. "Who am I? Oh, just a traveler, been on many long roads before, and I've got even more to walk. How old am I? Heh. Child, let's just put it as there isn't a soul alive today older than me, but if they are, you do not want to meet them." The old man sat back in the chair he had, or the floor perhaps, making himself comfortable. "Anyways, most things have an opposite to them. Good and evil, black and white, day and night. One might even say life and death, but they share many commonalities. But what about creation?" The man looks to you with a sly smile. "I don't know if you believe in God, or Allah, or Vishnu, or the big bang, but frankly, it doesn't really matter for this story. Me, I have a fairly good idea of what happened when the universe, or universes perhaps, came together, but that's another story, and one I don't tell." He smiles slyly at you. "Anyways, somewhere, out in the vast expanse of existence, there is another universe, but this one is quite different from any you'll find. All universes and all things in 'em share one thing in common; creation. But this universe?" The old man smiles and chuckles. "This universe is anti-creation. No, not destruction. Destruction can be, in some cases, a force of creation. No, this universe is far from that. Nothing there is normal or natural, nothing there is what it should be." He looks into the distance. "Some would say that it's hell." He looks back at you, staring deep into your eyes. "But believe me you, hell is much more natural than this place could ever be." The old man leans in closer to you. "Planets, whole planets, covered in nothing but death and destruction. Lakes and rivers or lava and fire, or sometimes poison and acid. The creatures aren't born of creation, but anti-creation." He smirks. "I know this sounds a lot like destruction, but that's only the aftermath, not the cause." The old man shook his head, getting back on track. "Anyways, at the center of this decrepit place is one planet that has a tower upon it, probably bigger than anything ever seen before. This tower... well, let's just say it's a crown jewel." The old man scratches his beard as he looks into the distance again. "A war is brewin over this place. Sides are plotting, scheming, and making moves to get themselves closer to this place. Some have the best of intentions, and some have the worst." He looks back at you. "That tower... it's more valuable than the combined economies of every nation in every universe. That tower is for this universe is it's epicenter, it's heart, it's... throne. Whoever controls that tower controls that universe, and all the powers of it." He looked into the distance. "But mark my words; no good, no good at all will ever come from it. These sides plotting and killing... if they don't know that, then they are in big trouble. But if some of those sides do know that? Then we are in big trouble." He looks off again. "Well, I best be going. I suppose you might join one of these sides. Well, best of luck, I hope you know what you're doing, but remember this; if you join this war you should destroy that tower, that universe, at whatever cost. If you don't, then be sure you're on whichever side controls it, cause you'll be dead otherwise." The old man stands up and walks away.

For the record, this will be a semi-sci-fi type roleplay, with people coming from different universes, some of which are very advanced, and some that might not be. It doesn't really matter what kind of character your's is (medieval, barbaric, modern, or sci-fi), just remember that you better figure out how to hold your own against the other sides, as well as figuring out how to get to this universe (science, magic, and unexplainable phenomenon are acceptable).

So, let me know what you think! I may rewrite this a bit, as it is 2:10 AM as I am finishing this, but I hope you liked it!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:12 pm
Topics never take off until I start bumping them it seems. xp Guess it doesn't grab anyone's attention. Well.... BUMP!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:12 pm
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO I LIKE IT? UHM, I'M GONNA HAVE TO SAY I ADORE IT. IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU?

...Heh, sorry for the caps lock, but seriously. This is a fantastic RP idea! I'll definitely join! Lord S, you come up with the best ideas. Words cannot describe.... just... GAH! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm
Marina Elemento
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO I LIKE IT? UHM, I'M GONNA HAVE TO SAY I ADORE IT. IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU?

...Heh, sorry for the caps lock, but seriously. This is a fantastic RP idea! I'll definitely join! Lord S, you come up with the best ideas. Words cannot describe.... just... GAH! blaugh

Thanks. xd A few people didn't seem as excited, but I'm still trying to work out the kinks. Sci-fi/horrorish stuff isn't for everyone, so I understand, but if you, or anyone else, has any suggestions, I'm more than happy to hear them!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:17 am
Bump. Oh, PS. If enough people are interested, I can post some profiles as well as faction info so you can get an idea of what exactly you will be doing in this roleplay, should you choose to join. Let me know if you would like either of these, and please post more if you are interested, I would like to see where interest levels are at.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 am
BUMP! I can't say much more about this roleplay if there isn't any feedback, so if anyone is actually reading this and is interested, please give some feedback so I can tell you more about this splendiferous roleplay! xp  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:43 pm
Still want to know if anyone is interested. Please respond if you are. Come on, these universes of evil and destructive power won't take over (or destroy) themselves! Plus, I always wondered what it would be like to actually try colonizing or weaponizing something like Hell or Silent Hill, or some other such place of evil, and this seems to be an awesome way of experiencing that! In fact, if you ever tried building a city in the nether in Minecraft, you know exactly what I'm talking about! xd  
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games