Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Please help me bring a lesbian to God :(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:19 pm
Fellow brothers and sisters,

I need your help. I am not sure what to say in this matter. Please be my backup in explaining to this lady who I feel is lost : (

The thread link can be found here

I pray that she will repent and ask God to help her through this phase in her life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:34 am
Spirit Reborn
Fellow brothers and sisters,

I need your help. I am not sure what to say in this matter. Please be my backup in explaining to this lady who I feel is lost : (

The thread link can be found here

I pray that she will repent and ask God to help her through this phase in her life.

This is a hard topic to truly help people with since those who are homosexual will generally only want to change on their agenda. It's like trying to make an alcohol addict go to rehab - major changes in one's life cannot be forced. The person has to want to make the change.

The thing with religion that I don't feel they understand is that with religion/a belief system comes discipline. If a person wants to be who they want to be and expect everyone to accept them for who they are - it will never happen according to The Holy Bible. Especially in books such as 1 and 2 Peter that tell us we will suffer as believers. It's childish and immature to whine about it because while someone says, "You need to accept me!" Not everyone will ever accept them for who they are. They are on an impossible mission here and they are going to fail at it miserably. The way out of this is through Jesus Christ and perhaps they even know that, but don't want to accept it because they feel, "No one accepts me - why should I accept believing in God?" This is a huge struggle with faith is how I see it. This could even be a youth tired of being forced to go to church or get so bored with it that they want nothing to do with it and for all we know, this could be a troll that just want to get under a believer's skin and pull that believer down on their own sinking ship. What they truly need is prayer to get on the right path for God!

If you do wish to say something in response, choose your words carefully. However, even the truth can come off to a lot as hate when it's not. Pray about your words before you type them. Even if you choose not to respond, this doesn't make you a failure - continue to pray for this situation and that it'll turn around for God's glory.

Through God, all things are possible!  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:57 am
If she truly wishes to denounce her homosexuality she can change, but if she doesnt want to well then its like trying to feed someone who doesnt want to eat, for lack of a better analogy. But pray for her and pray she wants to change. People will say that Homosexuality is something your born with but it is all a state of mind.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games