Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Trade Center

Back to Guilds

Art trades, collaborations and WIPs! All artists welcome! 

Tags: art trades, art requests, critique, hobby, collaboration 

Reply Art WIP Galleries/Sketchbooks: Showcase your doodles/projects in progress/etc!
Horror Manga Project

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FunnyLover12

Liberal Risk-Taker

16,090 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:13 pm
Hi everyone!

I am working on creating a Horror manga about zombies...yep sweatdrop

I got my inspiration on this project from George Romero's Night of the Living Dead and have actually been working on it for a few years.

In the story, there's this brilliant college student who makes this invention in his basement. It's suppose to create real objects from 2D drawings, blue prints, designs, etc. However, the invention is in the shape of an old work copy machine. Now, his brother happens to go down in the basement to use the machine so he can copy this comic. But he doesn't know that it's the invention.
And what is the comic about?

...Zombies...that escape from the house and cause chaos in the real world...

...Corny, I know.

But I actually really like where this is going, so I'm going to continue with it. Now, the manga is suppose to take place in the later future, like 21XX, so there will be some Sci-Fi elements in this (like aliens and new technology).

Now, I've done some work with the written storyboard, and I have my characters set. Here are some examples:

Deviantart.com
Deviantart.com
Deviantart.com

I just need some more advice on how to get it together. I hope you guys can pull through to help me. Criticism is welcome, though I want it to be constructive (not like unnecessary flaming, but actual help that can improve my story).

Hope you guys can help! And thank's in advance! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:01 pm
ok so technically this guy ( name here _______) invented a super copy machine which is suppose to make 2d object and designs into ( place the reason here _______),. His ( young or older brother _____ put name here brother) created a comic book ( which happens to be about zombies) which he wanted printed for (whatever reason). So ( whom ever the character name is ) went down stairs to the basement to print out his work on his brother invention (which turns flat non existing objects into animated 3d objects.) Since his comic book was about Zombies and he used his genious brother machine to print it out he created a real live zombie which can destroy the world. follow up by other scifi interest

Am I following this right, let me know and Ill continue critiquing.  

Xiomara Bunne

Fashionable Gaian

7,875 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

FunnyLover12

Liberal Risk-Taker

16,090 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:45 pm
Yeah! The older brother, Mark, had this intent that if the invention worked, he worked somehow bring their late father back to life. But then the second oldest brother, Marllowe, got to it and used it first. And the story goes on from there. So what do you think?  
Art WIP Galleries/Sketchbooks: Showcase your doodles/projects in progress/etc!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games