Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Teen Mania: Acquire the Fire

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bashful-biscuit888

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 pm
Has anybody here ever been to an Acquire the Fire event? If so, I would love to hear your experience. I will make a quick summary of what Acquire the Fire is and what it's like.

I have gone to Acquire the Fire four times in a row in Lansing, Michigan. Acquire the Fire is an event hosted and created by Teen Mania Ministries, a Christian Organization directed towards teens and reaching to them about God. Every year they go on tour to host the events starting in about August/September and ending in April/beginning of May. The whole goal of the event is to spend 27 hours with thousands of people (teens) to worship and build a love for God and get away from the distractions of the "outside world."

At ATF, there are Christian Bands including Teen Mania's School of Worship who are the leading worship band, speakers, and dramas.The dramas are made in a sense to where teens can relate to the struggles in their lives and how hard it is to be a lover of God in these situations. The speakers are great. (My favorites are John Gray and Mike Guzzardo) They speak about the Bible and how we can become closer to God and how to deal with our daily teen life situations in a Godly manner. Worship is the best part. Every year I have gone, there is a special worship time where the love for God and the atmosphere get so intense, that it gets super emotional. It's truly an experience I cannot put into words. I don't think anybody can. There is just so much feeling, so much burning passion for God, it's truly indescribable. But I guarantee, it is a truly life changing event.

If you ever have the chance to go to an Acquire the Fire event, I encourage you to take it, no question. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:18 pm
Could you post links from youtube or something so people can get a visual of what you are talking about?  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

bashful-biscuit888

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:47 pm
Yes, of course. My mistake. x) Here a few highlight videos from the Lansing events I went to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAQihmmDeSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN8uy2tiDzQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8xVIjOsM8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L9mVyTg92c  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm
I also forgot to mention that each year ATF has a theme, as you will notice in the videos I have provided.  

bashful-biscuit888

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:47 pm
bashful-biscuit888
I also forgot to mention that each year ATF has a theme, as you will notice in the videos I have provided.

So is this a church camp, a d-now, a lock out, or what? I'm just trying to put my finger on the type of event.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:44 pm
emorhconom esor
bashful-biscuit888

So is this a church camp, a d-now, a lock out, or what? I'm just trying to put my finger on the type of event.

Well, in my own words, it's pretty much a weekend concert with much more than music. It COULD be considered a D-Now, but I'm not 100% sure. I just mostly describe it to people as a concert. The first day is just an evening session, then the next day is a full on all-day session (estimate from about 9-10 Am to 9PM) Hotels in the area provide discounts on youth groups and churches who are there for the event, that kind of thing. But it's ran by Teen Mania Ministries. I'm sorry, I hope I helped you understand at least a little sweatdrop I would send you the website but it's down right now in preparation for the 2013-2014 tour. sweatdrop  

bashful-biscuit888

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 am
I've never heard of it, but I'll pass the word around and see if anyone I know has ever been to it... It looks neat...  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games