Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Star Wars Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:46 pm
If one were setting up a star fighter campaign set during the Rebellion Era, how would one go about setting it up?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:22 pm
If you were doing an original side-story, you'd have to research some of the events that took place during the Rebellion Against The Empire and attempt to create a plot that weaves with it. Possibly have some original events spark events from the original storyline.

You're better off doing something during the New Republic, since that territory is "up for grabs", so to speak. You have the Imperial Remnants attempting to stay together to rebuild their empire, especially since the Emperor has been cloned and is in the middle of creating the Eclipse-class Super Star-Destroyer.  

Sabatouer

Aged Noob

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:49 pm
Yeah, trying to make an RP during the movies is a bit of a lopside. Especially when it comes to Star wars. Granted there were a ton of games that did the whole "Takes place during this movie" but they do not interact with major characters and it's usually 'minor' battles.

Next up, if you even plan to touch a Star Wars RP you better be a nerd or face the wrath of people wagging their finger in your face saying "NO!".
Star Wars RP usually feels better if said person does it after the movies like Sabatouer said before. It's safer to do it from there and less risk of causing lobotomy to the Lore.

Third... Umm...
Wookies are awesome!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:13 pm
A friend of mine did it for table-top, so I know it can be done. There are ways of doing the campaign without causing a schism with canon. For example, the campaign that my friend ran actually came up with an explanation of why you didn't see any TIE fighters trying to stop the evacuation of Hoth.

Besides, the squadron can be used to hit various targets and Imperial shipping to draw the Empire's efforts away from the Rebels main objectives. Yes, I do my homework.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Sabatouer

Aged Noob

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 pm
Skuld HJG
A friend of mine did it for table-top, so I know it can be done. There are ways of doing the campaign without causing a schism with canon. For example, the campaign that my friend ran actually came up with an explanation of why you didn't see any TIE fighters trying to stop the evacuation of Hoth.

That ties in with what I said about weaving the original story with your plot. You are the cause of some of the unexplained events. Also, because the movies can only focus on so many locations at a time, I'm sure you can venture to the more unexplained territories, like Kashyyk, Nar Shadda, and Dormund Kaas, to name a few.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 am
Makes sense to me. I'll do some work on it. I think the Saga edition would work best for the RP.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items