Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Prayer requests
Depression

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hogwart Trojan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:33 pm
To those who may not understand, there are certain people out there who are going through depression. More are rising, have not one to turn to, hurt themselves, kill themselves. Some even stopped having faith more than hope. cry
I would know, beacause I AM one of 'em. But I still believe in God. I still believe that He will get us out, just as He says in His words "...and deliver us from evil."
But my favorite verse is this:
"I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
PSALMS 34: 4

Please. To the people who want to help, please pray for thoase who are 'lost', seeking for help.
Seeking for our LORD's help. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:58 pm
I know how that is. I've delt with it before and I know if I didn't have Christ in my life I might have gone through with some of those darker thoughts. Christ saves me from myself everyday. : )

User Image

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:54 pm
I know how you feel; depression is very real, and I've dealt with it a lot, especially when I was younger and had to deal with my mom's unhealthy decisions for her life and mine. I learned to depend upon God and not worry about a home or somewhere to go, even though that fear was there because my mom had a nasty habit of being kicked out of wherever we were. Looking back, I should have been afraid, but I wasn't. I knew that God would take care of us. God will take care of you. The Bible says that nothing surprises Him and that He is in control of everything. Even when your world seems bleak and you're not in control of anything, even your emotions, know that God is and has a plan; He will lead you in the right direction. All you must do is listen.

I will pray for you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:56 am
I understand what you mean, as a young lady about 18 years at the time, I was diagnosed with clinical sever depression. Even now a days I struggle with it but when I do feel down and really just don't want to move or get out of bed, I turn to the bible on my podium. I read a few chapters then take my dog for a walk. They say exercise helps with depression but well... truth be told it doesn't really. I usually walk to try and clear my head of things or at the very least think of something different entirely. Sometimes however even that doesn't help. Depression isn't really something that can be prayed away, but it does help to pray if you have it. The best thing I have found for it, is simply having people who love you and are willing to talk to you around.  

TiffaRose

Fashionable Hunter

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:09 pm
Hey I know how you feel, too. I've been a long-time sufferer of depression ever since I was in 5th grade (I'm about to graduate college), so I know how it feels. I eventually just started taking medication in high school, which improved my outlook on life a bit.

It's hard, but you have to remember that your brain is actually having a quantifiable chemical imbalance that is causing you to feel that way. You can beat your brain. There's no best way to do it, as everyone is different, but I found that surrounding myself with friends and taking time to write and draw art and learn to play an instrument helped me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 pm
Thank you, everyone.
But to be honest with you, I was hoping you could pray for those are still in the position I was, or still, currently in. There are others who need our help.

But again, thank you very much.
And Thank you, God. 3nodding  

Hogwart Trojan

Prayer requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas