Reply Gaian Christian Fellowship
Some guidance....?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightStar1171

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 pm
Hey guys, well until lately (until 2013 Easter in fact) i had never really cared about my religon or my relationship with God. now i am trying my best to turn away from my life of sin, and to love God, but i do not feel close to Him. I have prayed and talked to Him but i still am not feeling a difference. Am i doing something wrong or....idk. Any ideas? And if you could pray that my relationship with God is improved, tht would be awesome. Thnkz cry  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:29 am
Reading your bible on a consistent basis is the best thing you can do. The more time you spend with someone, the closer you'll get to him/her. You shouldn't expect to be that close on day 1, not even with people. Scripture is the mind of God (at least the bits he has chosen to reveal); it's his facebook or diary if you will: his likes, dislikes, upcoming events, whom he considers his friend or foe, it's all there for you to see and study. Spending time in "communion" (communication) with him by meditating on scripture (listening to his words) and praying (talking to him/ asking for help) is how you build your relationship with him. A bit everyday. Again, it's like any other relationship: if you communicate with your friends most days of the week, then you should read his words and speak to him just as often (if not everyday since he's more important); we don't live by bread alone but by every word that comes out from the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4). His words are that vital. Most of us, at least in my country, eat everyday; so reading our bibles everyday should be the norm. Letting his words nourish you on the daily is a guarantee that you will be firmly rooted in the faith and in him. Notice I say by letting him "nourish" you; don't just read to check it off of your to-do list. Digest what he's saying and apply it.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:00 pm
Aelin, recently I was feeling like this too. I would talk to God all the time just to talk to Him, to be near Him, but no matter what, I just didn't feel that intimacy that i craved. Now that I think about it, I think what changed was that I joined a Christian group at my college to do some fellowship. I had always felt called by Him to join some kind of Christian group in real life, but up until about 2 weeks ago, I hadn't taken any steps to take part in one. From the very first meeting, I felt accepted an wanted. Maybe that's what you need? God called us to be in fellowship with each other, so it makes sense that you'd feel less complete without it, kinda like I was feeling.

Also, I think making some Christian friends via Christian guilds would also help. If you'd like, you can join my Gaia prayer group. smile Let me know if you'd like the link.

I'll pray for your relationship with God to strengthen, that you'll have faith in Him no matter what.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:24 pm
Thank you i will definatly take both of your guy's advice, I really appreciate it. And sure I would love to join your prayer group. smile  

MidnightStar1171

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 pm
Awesome! Heres the link!

I'm Bliss by the way! Looking forward to doing fellowship with you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:36 am
Hi my name is Rachel. Friends call me Ray. smile I just wanted to let you know I said a prayer for you today and will continue to pray for you. i here if you ever need anyone to talk too. smile  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

MidnightStar1171

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:35 am
thanks so much, I really appreciate it smile
MiracleRayray2
Hi my name is Rachel. Friends call me Ray. smile I just wanted to let you know I said a prayer for you today and will continue to pray for you. i here if you ever need anyone to talk too. smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 pm
Aelin_1171
thanks so much, I really appreciate it smile
MiracleRayray2

your very welcome  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

iamlost4ever
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:35 pm
Do you have a church that you go to?  
Gaian Christian Fellowship