Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
morning the fallen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

agree?
  I do
  I do not
View Results

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:37 am
http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?pid=163737799#fbLoggedOut

yes....this is in response to the recent anti military events from within this guild.
tell me....this man...he died because he fought to defend the world against those who would kill innocence because they where not like the extremists....
tell me.....is there ANY reason to hate this man....ANY reason that this man was wrong
if you feel you can tell me a reason that he was wrong...and you can go to his widow and his children...his family....and tell them what you think
this man was a hero.....he was and is far more than I can ever become
so many out there are like him. and people spit on their names every day

I want it to stop.this guild has no place for hate
I want everyone to see this....why should this man's family suffer the loss of their son, their husband, their father, AND suffer the hate of those who are too ignorant to understand why he fought. by people who just slap the title of abomination on him because he was in the military.

please post here confirming you know its wrong and want it to happen no more in this guild  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:52 am
kesuke uchiha
http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?pid=163737799#fbLoggedOut

yes....this is in response to the recent anti military events from within this guild.
tell me....this man...he died because he fought to defend the world against those who would kill innocence because they where not like the extremists....
tell me.....is there ANY reason to hate this man....ANY reason that this man was wrong
if you feel you can tell me a reason that he was wrong...and you can go to his widow and his children...his family....and tell them what you think

I want everyone to see this....why should this man's family suffer the loss of their son, their husband, their father, AND suffer the hate of those who are too ignorant to understand why he fought. by people who just slap the title of abomination on him because he was in the military.

please post here confirming you know its wrong and want it to happen no more in this guild

Aren't you in the Navy? I seem to remember that. Anyway, I'm in the Air Force.

There's a huge, huge problem with taking down anti military speech. We fight and die to protect rights, right? One of those rights is to be able to think and say what you want. Freedom of Speech, one of the rights we raised our right hands and swore to defend when we took the Oath of Enlistment.

It sucks that he died. I work at one of the military's few trauma hospitals this side of the ocean that takes patients from the AOR. I see families and wounded all the time, and it's wrong that they are where they are, but that's part of the risk we took when we signed up. Have you ever handled a death notification? It is one of the most awful things I've ever had to do in my career thus far.

Was the other poster wrong? Mostly. Iraq is little more than a joke, but we marched on anyway because we have to obey the orders of officers appointed above us. That's the law, that's our way of life, and I don't expect anyone who has never been in uniform to understand that.

It isn't right for you or anyone else to censor her though. This is the United States where you can be anything you want, say anything you want, and do anything you want as long as it is within the bounds of the law. Was it disrespectful? Totally. Illegal? Nope. In fact, it's protected by the law we promised to uphold.

It was legal after Vietnam, it is legal now, and people have a right to say it. It disrespects the sacrifice of the troops to let them do otherwise.  

rosadria

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:59 am
VK Fox
kesuke uchiha

There's a huge, huge problem with taking down anti military speech. We fight and die to protect rights, right? One of those rights is to be able to think and say what you want. Freedom of Speech, one of the rights we raised our right hands and swore to defend when we took the Oath of Enlistment.

It sucks that he died. I work at one of the military's few trauma hospitals this side of the ocean that takes patients from the AOR. I see families and wounded all the time, and it's wrong that they are where they are, but that's part of the risk we took when we signed up. Have you ever handled a death notification? It is one of the most awful things I've ever had to do in my career thus far.

Was the other poster wrong? Mostly. Iraq is little more than a joke, but we marched on anyway because we have to obey the orders of officers appointed above us. That's the law, that's our way of life, and I don't expect anyone who has never been in uniform to understand that.

It isn't right for you or anyone else to censor her though. This is the United States where you can be anything you want, say anything you want, and do anything you want as long as it is within the bounds of the law. Was it disrespectful? Totally. Illegal? Nope. In fact, it's protected by the law we promised to uphold.

It was legal after Vietnam, it is legal now, and people have a right to say it. It disrespects the sacrifice of the troops to let them do otherwise.

agreed completely....but this is a guild that is not for hate
you know good and well what would happen if the moment you told the family that their loved one died a hero and someone jumps out and tries to tell them he was evil and an abomination.
I strongly suspect that either you or their family would do something about it.

its not right to attack people for their service.....it is outright evil
yes....its their right...yes we defend that right. but this place should be a sanctuary from hate do you not agree?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:32 am
kesuke uchiha
VK Fox
kesuke uchiha

you know good and well what would happen if the moment you told the family that their loved one died a hero and someone jumps out and tries to tell them he was evil and an abomination.

I'll tell you what would happen. We would take the family inside, and while the chaplain/commander is talking with the family I would stand outside and call the police. That is, after all, the essential job of an enlisted man's day. Dealing with problems for the boss.

Quote:
yes....its their right...yes we defend that right. but this place should be a sanctuary from hate do you not agree?

And I've met servicemembers who are downright evil. You know, the ones who rape females during deployments. Those guys.

No, I don't agree with you, and I'll tell you why.

The church isn't for righteous people. It is for sick, angry, desperate sinners like you and me. Can you imagine what would happen if you and I, in the middle of our sin, had gone to the church and they said "I'm sorry, but this place is a sanctuary from people who do what you do." You and I would burn after this life.

We had a very rare opportunity this past week. Someone who was obviously hurt and angry came into a guild full of Christians. Maybe the poster was Christian, maybe not.
The poster did not express her problems in a very helpful way, but there it was, right in our faces where we couldn't possibly ignore it. Either way, it is very rare for someone to come forward with their problems. Usually people keep it to themselves and let it fester.

Like I said, the church is for the sick. The poster needed love and encouragement, and instead she was met with more anger and hurt. That is nothing short of "failure to go." We get our orders from officers, but at the end of the day we answer to the King of Kings, and what he has said is that we are to show love to all which didn't happen. Don't you remember the scripture that says "Freely you have received, freely shall you give?" That doesn't just apply to money. It applies to love, and it wasn't given. The guild owes that poster an apology, because Christ wasn't reflected.  

rosadria

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:41 am
VK Fox
kesuke uchiha
VK Fox
kesuke uchiha

I'll tell you what would happen. We would take the family inside, and while the chaplain/commander is talking with the family I would stand outside and call the police. That is, after all, the essential job of an enlisted man's day. Dealing with problems for the boss.

Quote:

And I've met servicemembers who are downright evil. You know, the ones who rape females during deployments. Those guys.

No, I don't agree with you, and I'll tell you why.

The church isn't for righteous people. It is for sick, angry, desperate sinners like you and me. Can you imagine what would happen if you and I, in the middle of our sin, had gone to the church and they said "I'm sorry, but this place is a sanctuary from people who do what you do." You and I would burn after this life.

We had a very rare opportunity this past week. Someone who was obviously hurt and angry came into a guild full of Christians. Maybe the poster was Christian, maybe not.
The poster did not express her problems in a very helpful way, but there it was, right in our faces where we couldn't possibly ignore it. Either way, it is very rare for someone to come forward with their problems. Usually people keep it to themselves and let it fester.

Like I said, the church is for the sick. The poster needed love and encouragement, and instead she was met with more anger and hurt. That is nothing short of "failure to go." We get our orders from officers, but at the end of the day we answer to the King of Kings, and what he has said is that we are to show love to all which didn't happen. Don't you remember the scripture that says "Freely you have received, freely shall you give?" That doesn't just apply to money. It applies to love, and it wasn't given. The guild owes that poster an apology, because Christ wasn't reflected.

again....very valid points
I dont want to seem like i want these people banned
I would never turn away someone who needed help
but is it really necessary for them to spew their hate and anti military propaganda
the person I have been having with is sick yes....but she is not here for help....she is here because she wants a fight. I believe I approached wrong...I gave her that fight....my pride and standing up for what is right worked against me

I am not asking for action against this person....I am asking for someone to say
"yes....it is wrong...and it does not HAVE to happen."
there are so many other ways we can approach this.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:55 pm
I do think its wrong, especially coming from a family of veterans, i think we should always appreciate those in the military! No one except for them have risked their lives for the sake of their country :c  

silvershadowedwings

Timid Explorer

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:19 pm
this is what I was referring to
people go out and die for the safety of our country.....and for that they should be honored not attacked  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games