Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Words

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 pm
New information at bottom.

I was watching some Christian videos on Youtube earlier, when I scrolled to the comments and became very disheartened. Here were a bunch of Christians who are supposed to be brothers and sisters in Christ fighting with each other. Calling each other terrible names, disrespecting, and just being plain rude to others.

Now, I like to think that we do a pretty good job here of steering clear of that stuff, however I do just want to remind everyone of two rules of ours; rule #1 No Cussing -
Foul language has no place in a Christ centered environment. AND rule #2 No Bashing Someone's Denomination of Church or religion-
Please respect everyone. We're here for love not hate.

We have in the past had problems with respect for other people. Members have "attacked" other members and we simply don't want that because it is not what Christ wants for the church. We are to build each other up in the truth and light of Christ.

As for cussing, we haven't had really much problems with that, but I feel the rule still applies because foul language isn't just limited to what we usually label as a "bad word." Calling someone a terrible name/thing, is also not accepted.

Both rules tie together. Using our words carefully, to build up people not to tear them down and hurt them. If you have any questions, then feel free to PM me or if I don't answer, then Disciple of a Risen King. You can also of course just post your question in this thread. Post in here, helping me out if I missed anything. <3

-Proverbs 15:1 NIV A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
-Ephesians 4:29 ESV Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
-Ephesians 5:4 ESV Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.
-Matthew 15:11 ESV It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”
-Proverbs 4:24 ESV Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you.
-Psalm 19:14 ESV Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Extra rule note: Rule #5 Be literate -
We all want to be able to read and understand what your write so try to spell things as best you can. Punctuation is also key for people to understand you. ----We have had a problem with this rule as well, in the past.
--On one side, you should try to use good grammar for the sake of being able to understand your posts. Also, you should understand that there are some people, who do have a very low tolerance for bad grammar. So much, that they may see it, and it will drive them "off their rocker." So also do it for their sanity.
--On the other side, if you do see someone with grammar that drives you insane; instead of making a big scene and fighting about it in the thread, sit down and pray to calm down if necessary. Then send a private message to the person, calmly explaining the situation to them.
-Proverbs 15:1 NIV A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
-Ecclesiastes 7:9 ESV Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
-Proverbs 10:19 ESV When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

In light of recent events in this guild. - 1 Peter 3:15 NIV But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
Also, enough of a certain subject. It is only causing problems. The official stance of this guild is that we support our troops. If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but that is our stance. There will be no more talk about it, whether for or against it. That is that, period. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 pm
Br1ttana
I was watching some Christian videos on Youtube earlier, when I scrolled to the comments and became very disheartened. Here were a bunch of Christians who are supposed to be brothers and sisters in Christ fighting with each other. Calling each other terrible names, disrespecting, and just being plain rude to others.

Now, I like to think that we do a pretty good job here of steering clear of that stuff, however I do just want to remind everyone of two rules of ours; rule #1 No Cussing -
Foul language has no place in a Christ centered environment. AND rule #2 No Bashing Someone's Denomination of Church or religion-
Please respect everyone. We're here for love not hate.

We have in the past had problems with respect for other people. Members have "attacked" other members and we simply don't want that because it is not what Christ wants for the church. We are to build each other up in the truth and light of Christ.

As for cussing, we haven't had really much problems with that, but I feel the rule still applies because foul language isn't just limited to what we usually label as a "bad word." Calling someone a terrible name/thing, is also not accepted.

Both rules tie together. Using our words carefully, to build up people not to tear them down and hurt them. If you have any questions, then feel free to PM me or if I don't answer, then Disciple of a Risen King. You can also of course just post your question in this thread. Post in here, helping me out if I missed anything. <3

-Ephesians 4:29 ESV Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
-Ephesians 5:4 ESV Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.
-Matthew 15:11 ESV It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”
-Proverbs 4:24 ESV Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you.
-Psalm 19:14 ESV Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Extra rule note: Rule #5 Be literate -
We all want to be able to read and understand what your write so try to spell things as best you can. Punctuation is also key for people to understand you. ----We have had a problem with this rule as well, in the past.
--On one side, you should try to use good grammar for the sake of being able to understand your posts. Also, you should understand that there are some people, who do have a very low tolerance for bad grammar. So much, that they may see it, and it will drive them "off their rocker." So also do it for their sanity.
--On the other side, if you do see someone with grammar that drives you insane; instead of making a big scene and fighting about it in the thread, sit down and pray to calm down if necessary. Then send a private message to the person, calming explaining the situation to them.
-Ecclesiastes 7:9 ESV Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
-Proverbs 10:19 ESV When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.
Amen and hallaejuah.  

Nindo Naruto

Enduring Seeker

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:38 pm
Bumping up in light of recent events in this guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:19 pm
Understood, thank you.  

Father Delacroix

Perfect Knight

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out