Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Comfortable? Well too bad!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:11 am
God calls us out of our comfort zones to do His work. For when we are out of our comfort zones we must rely fully on Him. 

God told Moses to go outside of His comfort zone when He told him to speak before Pharaoh.

Then Moses said, "What if they will not believe me or listen to what I say? For they may say, 'The LORD has not appeared to you.'" The LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?" And he said, "A staff." Then He said, "Throw it on the ground." So he threw it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it. But the LORD said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand and grasp  it  by its tail"-so he stretched out his hand and caught it, and it became a staff in his hand- "that they may believe that the LORD, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you." Then Moses said to the LORD, "Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of 
speech and slow of tongue." The LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes  him  mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say." But he said, "Please, Lord, now send  the message  by whomever You will." Exodus 4:1-5, 10-13 

Yet Moses kept giving excuse after excuse to not pop his comfort zone bubble.  

Then the Lord's anger burned against Moses and he said, "What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and he will be glad to see you. You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do. He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him. But take this staff in your hand so you can perform the signs with it." Exodus 4:14-17

When we refuse to come out of our comfort zones we can miss out on all the blessings God has for us.

Has God ever called you out of your comfort zone? What are is your comfort zone that God has called you come out of?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 pm
><; Too true...Another good message when working for the Lord. Fruit of the Spirit  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:37 pm
My hope is, in you Lord... "Romans 5:3-5"

my comfort zone is anger and hurt toward the people who have caused me pain... God constantly calls me to love them and forgive them. I don't want to, but ya know what, who is that hurting... ME!

I don't like reaching out to people. God calls me to be accountable to other members of his Body and I just can't. I don't want to get close to anymore people, but again, who is that hurting.... ME!

I miss out on so many blessings because I am too afraid to let go, let in, and let out at the right times and with the right people.

This is a struggle I have daily to turn my WHOLE will over to the Lord. He wants it all and he can't heal my brokenness until I give it to Him.

...I won't be shaken by drought or storm "Psalm 62:6"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Like Moses, I'm not a speaker. Personally, I wish to evangelize, but I find that that seems like a big hurdle for me. I'm shy, and I know that too is a sin which is holding me back. I ought not to be anxious. Logically, it doesn't make sense for me to be anxious because God's with me, so who can be against me? I'm against me. I hate to admit it, but..I may just put more faith in people than God. Why else would I be so anxious with people?

Anyway, the Lord had been instructing me to greet people more. I started doing that, just getting used to saying hello to random people. Then, he later told me to say God bless to people. I've noticed that certain people are..surprised? Or maybe don't know what to say back, like they mumble something. Almost feels like they don't expect something like that to proceed from my mouth. Others respond kindly.

Also, other times the Lord tells me to do something and I hesitate. I try to..convince God like Moses, even when I know I should not hesitate. I wish I wouldn't. I'm reading the Bible daily because I need it a lot. I feel crumby when I wimp out, and when I hesitate. Heck, what do I know? It's foolish to try and win a debate with God. God knows more than me, will cover me with his wings, yet my faith is..lacking. I spoke to my dad about it and he said I need to wait for trials. So, I'm waiting..  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:28 am
Servant Reborn
Like Moses, I'm not a speaker. Personally, I wish to evangelize, but I find that that seems like a big hurdle for me. I'm shy, and I know that too is a sin which is holding me back. I ought not to be anxious. Logically, it doesn't make sense for me to be anxious because God's with me, so who can be against me? I'm against me. I hate to admit it, but..I may just put more faith in people than God. Why else would I be so anxious with people?

Anyway, the Lord had been instructing me to greet people more. I started doing that, just getting used to saying hello to random people. Then, he later told me to say God bless to people. I've noticed that certain people are..surprised? Or maybe don't know what to say back, like they mumble something. Almost feels like they don't expect something like that to proceed from my mouth. Others respond kindly.

Also, other times the Lord tells me to do something and I hesitate. I try to..convince God like Moses, even when I know I should not hesitate. I wish I wouldn't. I'm reading the Bible daily because I need it a lot. I feel crumby when I wimp out, and when I hesitate. Heck, what do I know? It's foolish to try and win a debate with God. God knows more than me, will cover me with his wings, yet my faith is..lacking. I spoke to my dad about it and he said I need to wait for trials. So, I'm waiting..

No where in scripture does it say being shy is a sin.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 am
emorhconom esor
Servant Reborn

Shyness is anxiety and is not born of the Holy Spirit. What would you call it?  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 am
Servant Reborn
emorhconom esor
Servant Reborn

Shyness is anxiety and is not born of the Holy Spirit. What would you call it?

Shyness isn't anxiety. A lot of people are shy but not anxious. Also, just because something isn't a fruit of the Spirit doesn't mean it's a sin. A great example is grief, it's not of the Spirit but even scripture says Christ was a man of grief.
"He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
And like one from whom men hide their face
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him." Isaiah 53:3

Now by what you are saying if it's not of the Spirit then it's sin. So grief would be a sin. Yet, scripture says Christ was blameless and no sin could be found in Him. If Jesus sin then scripture is wrong, then we can throw out all of Christianity if that's the case. Thus, proving that just because something isn't a fruit doesn't mean it's a sin.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:35 pm
Ok, but how can a person be shy but not anxious? neutral  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 pm
I can understand the idea of pointing out that God has called upon Christians to do certain things; the Great Commission is a rather big part of what many churches are involved in. However, I'm not certain that the thread title was the best choice for this subject, being a little... antagonistic. First impressions can be crucial, so you may want to think over yours a little bit.

Personally, I think that it's fine as long as you contribute in the ways that suit you best. For example, even if you don't head to another country to teach, a tithe to the church can help fund those who do go, and in a very real sense you're helping them on their way.

To put it in another way... oh, harps are traditionally associated with angels, so let's use those. People need to make the strings for them, and that's just as relevant to a song being played on the instrument as the actions of the person plucking the strings. Many people standing at the top are supported by a larger group of helpers, and there's no shame at all in being one of those helpers. Help in the ways that you feel you can do best, and I believe that will entirely suffice.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:36 pm
Servant Reborn
Ok, but how can a person be shy but not anxious? neutral

I'd be careful to compare anxiety with being shy. Shyness can be a result of inexperience and shouldn't be too harshly judged over whereas Anxiety is similar but is based on irrational fears or an unhealthy way of thinking through problems. Your dad is right, wait until you go through trials (scenarios) and you'll be tested. This will test how much you lean on your understands and the understandings of God. Keep praying and reading.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:59 pm
Rednal
I can understand the idea of pointing out that God has called upon Christians to do certain things; the Great Commission is a rather big part of what many churches are involved in. However, I'm not certain that the thread title was the best choice for this subject, being a little... antagonistic. First impressions can be crucial, so you may want to think over yours a little bit.

Personally, I think that it's fine as long as you contribute in the ways that suit you best. For example, even if you don't head to another country to teach, a tithe to the church can help fund those who do go, and in a very real sense you're helping them on their way.

To put it in another way... oh, harps are traditionally associated with angels, so let's use those. People need to make the strings for them, and that's just as relevant to a song being played on the instrument as the actions of the person plucking the strings. Many people standing at the top are supported by a larger group of helpers, and there's no shame at all in being one of those helpers. Help in the ways that you feel you can do best, and I believe that will entirely suffice.

We as Christians aren't suppose to do things that suit us, but to suit God's will. Yes, there are different parts of the Body but we aren't suppose to choose which parts we want to be because they suit us. My dad has stage fright yet if he did things that suited him then he would never do what God has called him to do. He would have never been a youth pastor and a pastor. My family is in a final crisis right but we still tithe even though it doesn't suit our circumstance. We tithe because it's commanded for us to do so in scripture. As Christians we are not called to be pew warmers because that's what we want to do. We are called to be in the race rather we like it or not.

That is the title I was given when I was being inspired by the Holy Spirit. God isn't politically correct, so take it up with him. The title is meant to grab people's attention. In our generation if I don't hook someone with the first sentence then they will not pay attention to the rest. It got you in here after all, so what does that say?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:52 am
emorhconom esor
I struggle with this all the time. I'm quiet and shy, and I attend a public high school of about 3,500 kids. A girl I met this year has taken a notice to my "being different"-I don't swear, go to parties, or get high or drunk with my friends. She says I'm a "goody-goody," and different from her other friends. Not trying to brag, but this is how God's using me-through actions, much more than my words.  

TheShortOne85

Shy Sweetheart

8,350 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEUPcK6hi4s : )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:13 am
@TheShortOne: Try asking how what she's doing is any better. In my experience, a lot of people who "go wild" have a strong feeling of not wanting to have other people deciding what's right and what isn't. You can always point out that you like the way you are, and you're that way because you feel like it. If you do it right (and don't go overboard on judging them for being different), you can probably earn their respect somewhat and start to change their opinions. ^^  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items