My first art post on here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Praise Sobek

Garbage Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 am
Hello this is my first time I'll be posting art on here.
I just want to hear people's opinions on my art, I am not that good at art and I've only recently started using sai paint so I'm all new to the concept of sai paint.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 am
Hey! It's looking fine so far! Just keep practicing and it'll get better. Look up tutorials, ask friends for advice, perseverance really is the key when painting digitally.

Good luck! razz  

ValkaEmirin

Shadowy Gawker

4,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm
It looks like these are both sketches of pictures taken from Naruto. Have you started drawing your own ideas out or are you still in the beginning phase of copying other artists? I don't mean this in a negative way, don't get me wrong. I remember doing nothing but copying other's artwork for the first two years that I started drawing anime style. I was just wondering if you have any original work. If you do I would love to see it! ^__^
It looks like you have talent and I like the look of your shading, you seem to know just where to put it. I would just like to see a little creativity and imagination from such talent.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:08 am
I agree with the above post. It would be much better if we could get a look at what you can draw, not someone else. This doesn't reflect your creativity. This looks good though, keep up the good work. [:  

Low Quality

Shameless Flip-Flopper

12,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

demon blurry eyes

Star Reindeer

16,675 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 pm
I agree with the two posts above.

As for the images you posted I would just say don't be afraid to take your time with the colouring, zoom in if necessary to colour within the lines or erase any overlap.
Also on the top picture the iris on the left is shaded but the right iris isn't.
On the lower picture I assume the back of the hair should be coloured? Unless it's meant to be split at the back?

Lastly I noticed you saved it as a .png with a transparent background when you do this I'd advise you colour in any areas you want to keep white like the eyes.

User Image

Artist Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff