Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Requesting assistance and opinions. ~ The Demon Dreamer.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Demon Dreamer

Hallowed Seeker

5,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:07 pm
Well, typically I don't ask for help from other people, but I will suck my pride and deal with it. Here's the run down of the situation so far;

One day, while I was talking with my D&D crew, one of us had a crazy, and I mean completely insane, idea. What if, we ran a campaign where the mission was to bring down the God's and etheir replace them, or give their powers to a select group of people. To be honest, I liked the sound of it at the time, but now, I completely regret agreeing to DM it.

The reason why? Because their are no statics for the God's. Now, our usual DM, suggested that I find some of the most powerful monsters, and dope up the statistics.

So, any ideas on what I should do? Also, i'm looking for some experienced DM and Player advice.

Signed ~ The Demon Dreamer, Guardian to the Realm of Dreams, and keeper of the ancient.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm
The Demon Dreamer
Well, typically I don't ask for help from other people, but I will suck my pride and deal with it. Here's the run down of the situation so far;

One day, while I was talking with my D&D crew, one of us had a crazy, and I mean completely insane, idea. What if, we ran a campaign where the mission was to bring down the God's and etheir replace them, or give their powers to a select group of people. To be honest, I liked the sound of it at the time, but now, I completely regret agreeing to DM it.

The reason why? Because their are no statics for the God's. Now, our usual DM, suggested that I find some of the most powerful monsters, and dope up the statistics.

So, any ideas on what I should do? Also, i'm looking for some experienced DM and Player advice.

Signed ~ The Demon Dreamer, Guardian to the Realm of Dreams, and keeper of the ancient.

Not even the epic d&d books have helped you? Neutrino golems man.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

The Demon Dreamer

Hallowed Seeker

5,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm
Ah, they never crossed my mind. I'm running a 4th Edition game as a heads up. Alright, i'll go check them out. Thank you,  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 pm
The Demon Dreamer

There should be stats for a lot of the major Demons in the Abyss and some of the Primordials in various books and Dragon Magazine. They should have stats that are similar to the gods, since they're supposed to be on par. Also, Tiamat and Bahamut I believe are statted out in the Draconomicon books.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:11 pm
I run my gods as level 100-125 with needed item or attack combo's to crack them for a killing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:10 pm
4th edition? That's a shame. 3.5 had a Deities & Demigods book. The entire book is pretty much nothing but lengthy stat-blocks for a bunch of different gods, including the Greyhawk, Greek, Egyptian, and Norse pantheons.

Might be worth looking into anyways. Maybe it could give you a rough idea where to start.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 pm
Could be a good campaign if done right. I'm assuming level 30?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm
The Demon Dreamer

Why does the power have to be received all at once? Receiving the power of a god all of a sudden would probably DESTROY a mortal vessel. Why wouldn't the power be filtered in slowly, allowing the body to adapt slowly so it can appropriately regulate the influx of raw energy?

Just a thought. Because that could easily be explained as the level 1-30 progression with the Demigod epic destiny. If you want to turn the dial to 11, you could up the stat boosts...
  • Levels 4, 8, 14, 18, 24, 28 = +2 to two stats, +1 to the rest; Levels 11 and 21, +2 to all stats.
  • Every even level, +1 to two stats, and levels 5, 11, 15, 21, 25 = +1 to all stats.
  • Some other third thing.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Demon Dreamer

Hallowed Seeker

5,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 am
Rain Yupa
The Demon Dreamer

Why does the power have to be received all at once? Receiving the power of a god all of a sudden would probably DESTROY a mortal vessel. Why wouldn't the power be filtered in slowly, allowing the body to adapt slowly so it can appropriately regulate the influx of raw energy?

Just a thought. Because that could easily be explained as the level 1-30 progression with the Demigod epic destiny. If you want to turn the dial to 11, you could up the stat boosts...
  • Levels 4, 8, 14, 18, 24, 28 = +2 to two stats, +1 to the rest; Levels 11 and 21, +2 to all stats.
  • Every even level, +1 to two stats, and levels 5, 11, 15, 21, 25 = +1 to all stats.
  • Some other third thing.
Hmm.... I see what your saying their, I could do that, and it sounds far more appropriate.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games