Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
I need prays

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luna Love 1995

Hallowed Millionaire

8,600 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:56 pm
i feel like i want to kill myself almost every single day. I know its selfish because my life is alot better then most but I hate it. I have an amazing boyfriend who don't care that I have been with 3 other people but my brother is always calling me a whore. Today I was joking with my boyfriend and by brother brought up a comment and said "You need to keep your legs closed and not f*** every boyfriend you have" only to finish with a statement of with "I hope you die of an STD" it's not the first time he has told me to kill myself or that he wishes I was dead...i feel like a horrible sister and I wish I was never alive and I don't know what to do...I just want to end my life and do as he tells me almost every day  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:53 pm
Do not end your life. Have you tried talking to your parents about the way your brother talks about you and too you? Is there anyone you trust you can talk to about how you feel and about how your brother is acting towards you? Is there a sucide hot line where you live?

Have you prayed? Have you turned to God? For me that is my best souce when I have something wrong. And yeah I have some pretty serious stuff happen in my life. But God always gets me through a situation or out of a situation.
Do you want us to pray for you? What is your first name?  

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 pm
You need to know that Satan speaks through the people around us. From the sounds of it, your brother isn't living up to his "Christian" title either, or else he wouldn't be encouraging you to take away your life, he should be speaking words to edify and give life. So, stop listening to the words of a hypocrite. If you confessed your fornication and promiscuity to our Heavenly Father and turned away from that sin (repented), not wanting to do it again, then your brother's words should not bother you. You've been forgiven already.

Quote:
1 John 1:9 (KJV)

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Be careful not to make an idol out of your boyfriend though. First and foremost, solidify your relationship with the Messiah and our Heavenly Father; otherwise, you will act based on the lustful desires of the flesh instead of doing what our Creator tells us to do: to not fornicate. Lusting after someone, let alone having sex with them, without marrying them is fornication. "Adultery" is when you are married and you lust after (or have sex with) someone who isn't your spouse. It sounds like you have not put your carnal nature to death.

Quote:
Galatians 5:19-24 (NIV)

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Quote:
Ephesians 4:21-24 (NIV)

21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Commiting suicide only adds to your problems, it doesn't take any of them away. Where do you think you're escaping to...? Put "suicide" out of your mind because it's not even an option. It's an act committed by the faithless who have no trust in our Heavenly Father, who don't believe he can save us from earthly troubles. Your brother is just a temporary bully, a human one at that, and chances are that if you actually start applying our Messiah's words, your brother will have nothing to accuse you of. Persecution should make you want to live up to his name; so buck up, and start acting like a Christian. Get to know his words and apply them, otherwise you deceive yourself. You're no follower of his. All I'm hearing is "I don't want to be called a whore"; what should be coming out of your heart is, "I don't want to be a whore anymore". There's a big difference. One wants to continue in the old nature, another wants to be born-again.

Quote:
James 1:22 (NIV)

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:36 pm
real eyes realize

I never said I dont want to be called a whore, I know I'm not but I don't like the face that my brother is calling me one. I slipped up and made a few mistakes. My boyfriend now is showing me that there is more to love then sex and things like that. He wants to have sex with me but he also wants to wait till a latter time in out relationship. I know in my mind and my heart that I am not a whore but I don't want my brother to look at the mistakes I made and hold them over my head. He knows my past, he knows I have depression and he knows the meds don't help me. But he keeps holding things over my head, I need help but I can never find someone who feels the same as I do and who can tell me how they got past it, how I should do it. I always hear from people who only read in books what it is like but have never felt it themself, I just need someone who will be there and hear me out when I ger depressed and have these thoughts and who will help me for that short moment while god is getting his plan in motion. I just need to know that I have people who have felt like I am feeling now and can help me.
angelic snow angel

And my name is Sabrina and I am 17 years old.  

Luna Love 1995

Hallowed Millionaire

8,600 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Millionaire 200

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:02 am
the broken emo girl 16
I know in my mind and my heart that I am not a whore but I don't want my brother to look at the mistakes I made and hold them over my head. He knows my past, he knows I have depression and he knows the meds don't help me. But he keeps holding things over my head

Is your brother a Christian? Holding your past against you is unloving and just as sinful as being promiscuous or a fornicator. How old is he? He's failing to show love as defined by the word:

Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Your only weapon is God's word. Get to know it and slay people's opinions with it. Share those verses with him. Tell your brother he's no better than you if he keeps doing that. That up there is love. Living sacrificially, thinking of the other person's well-being over your own (hence why you choose to be patient with others, kind to others, not envying others, not belittling others in comparison to yourself, choosing to forget the wrongs of others, etc...)."Others"-centered, not self-centered. If your boyfriend has been giving you a different definition of this, discard it. Man's definition of love doesn't matter, what counts is what our Creator has to say; equally as reliable is what he has spoken through his servants filled with the Holy Spirit (because the Spirit of Truth will not contradict our Creator's words).

the broken emo girl 16
I need help but I can never find someone who feels the same as I do and who can tell me how they got past it, how I should do it. I always hear from people who only read in books what it is like but have never felt it themself, [...]

What do you think the bible is? Documented accounts of real people, what they went through, and how they got over it: by trusting in God's messages and acting upon what the message said. Otherwise, they perished. Real people were promiscuous and/or prostitutes in ancient times and their story is documented in the bible (John 4; Joshua 2; Hebrews 11:31), people who were slandered against, followers who had ne'er-do-wells talking smack about them (various examples throughout the Book of Acts or Jeremiah 20:10 for instance). The common thread is: once you listen to our God's words and take it to heart, you'll be fine. Which is why I'm advising you to do the same. Your accusers' words won't matter once you start esteeming our Creator's words above their's. Let them talk as if they're speaking to a wall, you continue carrying-out his will. It doesn't matter what your specific sin is or was; the only way you're going to get over the sin or people constantly bringing up your past is to stop listening to mankind's opinion of who you are and listen to your Creator. Promiscuity, fornication, murder, gossip, lies, it's all the same.

the broken emo girl 16
I just need someone who will be there and hear me out when I ger depressed and have these thoughts and who will help me for that short moment while god is getting his plan in motion. I just need to know that I have people who have felt like I am feeling now and can help me.

You want to hear from another human being in the flesh whose gone through the same things you have, when God already has testimony from other human beings written down for us to take solace in, to learn from and get an idea of what to pray for. The same way you're divulging your worries to us is what you're suppose to do in prayer to your Heavenly Father. I think what Snow asked should be answered: are you praying? It's a simple request for help directed at your Heavenly Father. That, in addition to reading and applying scripture, is how you wait on God. Seeking him, as you wait for him to act. Not seeking a person to fill his void. Anything that sits in his place becomes an idol and you start trusting that thing more than him.

That is your problem: you're trying to fill God's place with people. He is the one who is always there to hear you out when you get depressed, for the long haul, not just for short moments. His advice trumps everyone else's. If you lost all your friends, boyfriend and family, and never learned to trust in God only, you won't find yourself in a secure place. Learn to depend on God alone first. Develop that inner peace and stillness with Him, starting now. You do that by praying and reading his words.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:11 am
the broken emo girl 16
i feel like i want to kill myself almost every single day. I know its selfish because my life is alot better then most but I hate it. I have an amazing boyfriend who don't care that I have been with 3 other people but my brother is always calling me a whore. Today I was joking with my boyfriend and by brother brought up a comment and said "You need to keep your legs closed and not f*** every boyfriend you have" only to finish with a statement of with "I hope you die of an STD" it's not the first time he has told me to kill myself or that he wishes I was dead...i feel like a horrible sister and I wish I was never alive and I don't know what to do...I just want to end my life and do as he tells me almost every day

My dear I must say I feel the same as you. I was on the verge of suicide not to long ago(like five days ago). I wanted to bleed myself out so my ex boyfriend could find me because he lied to me and broke my heart when I was trying so hard to be with him. I knew in my heart these feelings were wrong and that I have a very beautiful life. One way to help you is to get a journal and put your prays to paper. Write what you are thankful for, write about how God helps you, write about the reason why you are believing the lies your brother is telling you.

I also want you to know that in this you have giving me hope for myself. I lost my virginity as well. I have feared never being loved because I was a tinted girl, but I see your boyfriend doesn't care about the status of your vigina. He cares about the status of your heart.

Real eyes realize is correct. Don't idolize your boyfriend. Yes, he is a great support, but don't believe that because he is with you he'll help you change. The change must come from within. Find peace with your self. Accept the fact that you have made mistakes, but God has already redeemed you. You have been forgiven even before you made the mistake.
Quote:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I know it will be hard, and that it will take time, but you must change yourself in order to change your surroundings. When your brother bullies you accept him. Respond to him with kindness. Tell him thank you and I will do that. Tell him I'm glad you love me so much to help me act better. But most importantly you must forgive him. Not for his sake, but for yours so that it doesn't ruin your heart.

Thanks so much for asking for prayer. You have very beautiful and have even helped me grow in my courage to admit that even I wanted to commit suicide.
God bless you.  

AcuteCastle

Beloved Hoarder

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers