Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
zOMG Help Thread (Working on it. I swear. Making it awesome)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:11 pm
zOMG! Help Thread

Before I start out writing this, I would like to say there are a number of different guides on the topic of zOMG. Most of them are wonderful, by the way, but not all of them. Regardless, we seemed to have a helpful topic on everything else so I felt zOMG! deserved its own nice little thread in here as well. So yes, hi there and welcome to my thread place. I have never written a guide before, but I love zOMG and I am pretty knowledge on the subject. If you know a way to make this guide better, please either post here or shoot me a PM.

For those of you who don't know, zOMG! is Gaia's MMORPG. The basics is that objects that are animated are attacking. Your main goal is to progress through the different areas, defeating these monsters. There are also some fun little task in Barton Town and in other areas on the map. So in addition to helping you all out, I would like to use this space to show you great ways to make some gold while you're having some fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:11 pm
~Village Greens (VG)

User Image

Ah, the VG. So many memories here. Basically at this point, you're learning how to play the game. Leon will ask you to do a few tasks for him, which will end up with him giving you a ring. None of the missions here were too hard, though some where confusing if you are just starting out. He will ask you to knock out a few gnomes, a few flamingos, and other things of that nature. The "boss" level here resides in his house which is in the South East of the Greens. You are recommended to take a crew, but I will say it is possible to beat alone.

*Note: If you are on or around the same CL level as the monsters inside, it will be difficult to do this alone.

**Gold making opportunities!: As promised, here is a tip for making gold in zOMG. If you farm in the VG, you can sell the flamingo feathers! The price seems to always be changing on them but they seem to be a good gold bringer. The lowest I've seen them yet is 700 per! Get 20 of them and that's 14k for playing an enjoyable game! And last I checked they were selling for about 2k per but no idea how long that will last.  

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 pm
~Barton Town (BT)

User Image

Barton Town, again is a relatively straight forward area. Talk to everyone, as pretty much everyone will have small jobs for you to do. Most of them are easy, but involve a lot of running around. Please be aware though, not all of them are completable at this point. I still recommend getting them into your task book though. Barton Town is a great way for new players to gain orbs (I wish I could just give some to you, as well as rings, but sadly they're soulbound). The most confusing task here is Mark's Ring. That drove me nuts, personally. He asks you to look for his ring in the lake, but when you go there and find a ring, it is the wrong one. You will never actually find the correct ring, but you will still complete the task and get your orbs.

Orb grabbing!: Fay? Why are you standing next to the fountain in the screen shot? Well, while I've never played the fountain game it is supposed to be a great source of orbs. That being said, if you're CL is a little bit low for an area, it might be a good idea to try and play it for some orbs.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 pm
~Bill's Ranch (BR)

User Image

New area! Yay! When you get here (as with all new areas here on out) you should try to get to the Null Chamber quickly. That way you can be lazy and not have to walk all the way back from the last area's null chamber. It can get quite annoying if you die several times on the same task. Generally, your first task here is to help Larry with the fluffs. From there you go through the same process of completing tasks for people. Most of them will come from the farmer, Bill. The boss area in this area is Dead Man's Pass (DMP). It is not the same as DMS (we'll get to that later). What you want to do here, is return the cow to the farm. Go in and as far left as you can, and then walk her back to the farm. But while you're here you might as well go to the top and do Ian's task of fighting the big scary OMGWTF. I really suggest a crew for this, but again it is hypothetically possible to do alone, and it is becoming increasingly harder to find people willing to help you with this task. If a higher level player is willing to help you (feel free to ask me!) then you should be fine with two people. If you are stuck doing it alone, try to bring Divinity, Healing Halo, and/or Meat. This is not an easy spot.

**Gold Making Opportunites!: One thing you could do here is keep repeating the garlic killing task. You'll get gold from Purvis and for your kills. Just remember to lower your level to close to the garlics!  

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 pm
Zen Gardens

User Image

I have to say, playing this area through is my least favorite and I think its the hardest if you're here at the level most people are upon getting here. Katsumi's tasks are relatively easy, but her Uncle Kin's aren't. He will have you do tasks to try to figure out what the animated are up to. You don't find out all that much. The "official" boss level here is the Doll Shrine, but I would like to count the end to Kin's tasks here as well as a "boss" challenge. Kin will ask you to walk over all of the bridges and defeat a "boss like form of each animated that exists in ZG. You must go in order from easiest to hardest. The first one is the dolls, the drums next, and the lantern (which is quite difficult!!)

Gold Making!: You could repeat the doll shrine as many times as you'd like for some gold but it definitely isn't the best or fastest way to get gold.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 pm
The Lake

User Image

Here we have the Wolf's Den and Papa Saw (PS), as well as tasks from Logan and Gustav. Gustav will ask you to go into the Den to find his "axe". I think him and that axe are a bit odd but I suppose to each their own. -shrugs- Any way, after that he will "teach" you to make stuff to go with the axe. And then Logan asks you to go into the saw mill. And while you're here, don't forget to grab Mark's Ring!

Gold making!: PS is a repeatable mission that you could earn quit a bit of gold from, hence there are always people around here. You don't get a lot as a "reward" for completion but you do earn your gold while killing saws inside.  

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm
Old Aqueduct

User Image

Old Aqueduct is just plain weird. It doesn't seem to go along with the rest of the story line (for those of us who did pay attention to it) to me. It just seems completely random to me. Here instead of animated objects, there are animated alien things? This area is full of the invisible P3 pups and Tiny Terrors with their little spears. Anyway, we have a new set of missions, including the Hive World. Here the mission givers are: Concerned Citizen, the labtech, and Roderick. This is not all that easy of an area.

This is one of my favorite places to make some gold. What you do here, is lower your level to 5.8 and farm the tiny terrors. They will continually spawn and you can keep killing them for gold and orbs..  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 pm
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 pm

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 pm

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 pm
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 pm

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 pm
Last post for this page will be here.

I know this is pretty empty right now but you guys are welcomed to start posting some questions for me while I work. I *hope* to have this done today. My apologies on how long its been taking. Part of it is RL got hectic, and the other part is I really am trying to get this as good as I possibly can.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games