Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Please pray for my father who's in jail

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kdke

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:51 pm
Eight years ago, a warrant went out for my father's arrest. No one, not even my father, knew of this warrant until around two months ago. He was arrested, and they investigated the warrant. He was released conditionally, but then was arrested again and put in jail.

He was extradited down to California where the crime happened. I'd rather not get into the crime he commited, but I would like to say this:

There is no excuse for sin. I know this, and so does my father. At the same time, people change, and I know my father is one of them.

For the past five years, my father has had to face his demons because what he had done. And, on his own time and effort, he went to church every Sunday, or more, and looked for help within his congregation. He wanted to change and be a better person, a better child of God.

I honestly think if he had known about the warrant earlier, he would've turned himself in. In fact, that's what he wanted to do at first, but wasn't given the chance. He wanted to confess and face the legal consequences of his actions that happened long ago. At first, he was depressed; my father has become a very gentle and sensitive man as he's gotten older. But I remember my last conversation with him on the phone before they had arrested him after the investigation. He said, "I've prayed to God, and I have peace about this. This is something I need to do."

He's been in jail for two months, but he's doing better. He has stayed faithful to God and has repented. So far, because there's a lack of testimony against him, he might be sentenced for a very short amount of time in jail, or could be dismissed altogether. I got a letter from him in the mail, and I wept; I'm still crying because I know the kind of man my father is today—he'd never commit the crime he did many years ago ever again.

It has been doubly hard because I have chosen to forgive him, but I have some family who hate him, and practically hate me for my choice. I've lost loved ones; it has been hard, but God commands me to forgive and love. I love my father, and while he has sinned, I will forgive him.

I know it can be very easy to fall into hate for someone who has done something wrong and must go to jail for it, but even prisoners deserve compassion. If anything, they need it most. They need God, and why would I not be thankful that my father has looked towards God in his contrition? I praise God! He has saved my father!

But at times, I have my moments of conflict, because there are people who will never forgive me for my choice to forgive him. And there are people who hold my father's actions against him, even want him dead. I'm in conflict because it hurts to know these things, and it hurts to know that in my frustration, I have lashed out at these people who have acted this way towards me and my father. It was wrong of me, and I hope that there could be some miracle that would bring them to forgive me for my anger. But... I don't know if that will ever happen.

God is good, though. God has a plan, and I must trust that whatever happens will be that plan. But I ask for the intercession of anyone in this guild who is willing to pray. Please. Even I need it. I've continued to deny myself prayers from others because I've been so focused on wanting everyone to pray for my father, but if anyone can pray for my as well, then I ask for it.

I'm sorry if this is long. This has been a distressing journey for me, for everyone who is involved. I needed to express it somehow.

God bless you all.

—Candie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:54 pm
ca adam
Eight years ago, a warrant went out for my father's arrest. No one, not even my father, knew of this warrant until around two months ago. He was arrested, and they investigated the warrant. He was released conditionally, but then was arrested again and put in jail.

He was extradited down to California where the crime happened. I'd rather not get into the crime he commited, but I would like to say this:

There is no excuse for sin. I know this, and so does my father. At the same time, people change, and I know my father is one of them.

For the past five years, my father has had to face his demons because what he had done. And, on his own time and effort, he went to church every Sunday, or more, and looked for help within his congregation. He wanted to change and be a better person, a better child of God.

I honestly think if he had known about the warrant earlier, he would've turned himself in. In fact, that's what he wanted to do at first, but wasn't given the chance. He wanted to confess and face the legal consequences of his actions that happened long ago. At first, he was depressed; my father has become a very gentle and sensitive man as he's gotten older. But I remember my last conversation with him on the phone before they had arrested him after the investigation. He said, "I've prayed to God, and I have peace about this. This is something I need to do."

He's been in jail for two months, but he's doing better. He has stayed faithful to God and has repented. So far, because there's a lack of testimony against him, he might be sentenced for a very short amount of time in jail, or could be dismissed altogether. I got a letter from him in the mail, and I wept; I'm still crying because I know the kind of man my father is today—he'd never commit the crime he did many years ago ever again.

It has been doubly hard because I have chosen to forgive him, but I have some family who hate him, and practically hate me for my choice. I've lost loved ones; it has been hard, but God commands me to forgive and love. I love my father, and while he has sinned, I will forgive him.

I know it can be very easy to fall into hate for someone who has done something wrong and must go to jail for it, but even prisoners deserve compassion. If anything, they need it most. They need God, and why would I not be thankful that my father has looked towards God in his contrition? I praise God! He has saved my father!

But at times, I have my moments of conflict, because there are people who will never forgive me for my choice to forgive him. And there are people who hold my father's actions against him, even want him dead. I'm in conflict because it hurts to know these things, and it hurts to know that in my frustration, I have lashed out at these people who have acted this way towards me and my father. It was wrong of me, and I hope that there could be some miracle that would bring them to forgive me for my anger. But... I don't know if that will ever happen.

God is good, though. God has a plan, and I must trust that whatever happens will be that plan. But I ask for the intercession of anyone in this guild who is willing to pray. Please. Even I need it. I've continued to deny myself prayers from others because I've been so focused on wanting everyone to pray for my father, but if anyone can pray for my as well, then I ask for it.

I'm sorry if this is long. This has been a distressing journey for me, for everyone who is involved. I needed to express it somehow.

God bless you all.

—Candie

Firstly Candie, let me say that I am proud of your father. I am sorry for your pain and I wish you the best. I've prayed for both you and your father. I know what it's like to be persecuted for doing the right, Biblical thing and I'm sorry to hear that has happened to you. You must not let others have this effect on you, you are doing the right thing by forgiving your father. Instead, try to pray for these people to soften their hearts and to open their hearts and let Christ step in. Pray that you can be an example and that your father can be an example of the amazing glory of God by your words, thoughts, and actions. In order for your actions to be right, you must let your thoughts be in tune with Christ's teaching and following His orders, May God bless you and your father. You two will continue to be in my prayers,  

CheyenneServant

starry night-163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:26 pm
I'll pray for you both smile  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out