Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
The top Five most annoying characters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:12 pm
We all can agree somewhere in a book series there are those characters we wish we could just push off a cliff or stone to death. There are those useless characters that may serve a reason to progress the story, but we question why even have them at all. We may consider some characters making poor choices as just plain idiotic. The following list will be completed by yours truly throughout the next week. You may or may not agree with my list, but that is your opinion rant and rave as you please.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 pm
Number 5.[ Jocelyn Fray

The worst mother of the year Award goes to this character for sure. Not because she in the beginning of the books kept Clary from the world of Shadow hunters, but her lack of being a responsible parent through most of the books. Unconscious for a majority of the first book to protect the where about of some of the mortal interments. Jocelyn leaves her daughter Clary alone to face the worlds she’s been trying to protect her from. If that is not irresponsible parenting, I don’t know what is. Jocelyn track record in the past isn’t that great either. She has married Valentine a crazed man who pretty much uses her Uterus to make hybrid babies. If your baby is born with completely black eyes do not try to love it. Call animal control and have it put down. There is no reason to get depressed over the spawn of Satan you should feel so lucky it didn’t eat you from the inside out which, I really wish it had.
Jocelyn rarely looks tough at all once in awhile maybe. Cassandra Clare really tries to make her seem like this loving mother who use to be a kick a** shadow hunter. Jocelyn’s comes off as a irresponsible emotionally unstable if not for Luke be a pretty boring character to read about. Who gets guts …once in awhile if not at all.  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 pm
Number 4.Hodge Starkweather

Hodge I really thought this guy was going to be some cool mentor guy. Turned out ,I was wrong which sucked. Hodge was cursed to live in an institute which really isn’t so bad. The shadow hunters could have done much worse to him. Why should he really complain about life in the institute when he could be dead. Turns out he’s just a selfish coward with a stupid crow who doesn’t even belong to him. What ,I really don’t get with this character is why oh why does he show up again! Really he could have just died in city of bones. He instead ends up in Alicante to warn the council who doesn’t believe him. No s**t Sherlock you like back stabbed them not twice ,but three times. Sure he might serve a small plot point in the end. I’m just bothered he had to come back at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:22 pm
Number 3. Nathaniel Gray
A jerk of a cousin and brother sells his sister to pay off his gambling debts. That’s screwed up. Even if Tess wasn’t his real sister you think being raised with her would be enough. Except, I don’t understand if he is angry with Tess or jealous of her. Really never figured him out whether he was just a selfish jerk. He pretends to be ignorant in the beginning and suddenly he’s on the side of the bad guy WTF.  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

Catharsisity

Nebulous Duck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:53 pm
I'm not a massive fan of Clary...I actually dislike her quite a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:52 pm
Catharsisity

Thank you! I didn't want to post anything until he was done with his countdown, but since you posted something, I'm just showing my support. I didn't realize until like halfway through the second book that I hated Clary's guts, but now I'm all like, "Just shut up, Clary, you're right, no one likes you and Jace is leaving you." xp  

netherfreak
Captain

Catharsisity

Nebulous Duck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
netherfreak
Catharsisity

Thank you! I didn't want to post anything until he was done with his countdown, but since you posted something, I'm just showing my support. I didn't realize until like halfway through the second book that I hated Clary's guts, but now I'm all like, "Just shut up, Clary, you're right, no one likes you and Jace is leaving you." xp

Exactly! biggrin
She's just..so unlikeable. I can't even. Just. Ugh. But I adore all the supporting characters so that makes up for it!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:22 pm
Catharsisity
netherfreak
Catharsisity

Exactly! biggrin
She's just..so unlikeable. I can't even. Just. Ugh. But I adore all the supporting characters so that makes up for it!

It's true. She has amazing supporting characters! Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Sebastian anymore. In the 3rd book, he was just an amazing bad guy. Everything he did was just so perfectly evil. In the fourth, his evilness was still there but it wasn't the same. Then in the 5th book, he seemed bland. Idk, I guess we'll just have to see what the last book brings...  

netherfreak
Captain

Catharsisity

Nebulous Duck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm
netherfreak
Catharsisity
netherfreak
Catharsisity

Exactly! biggrin

It's true. She has amazing supporting characters! Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Sebastian anymore. In the 3rd book, he was just an amazing bad guy. Everything he did was just so perfectly evil. In the fourth, his evilness was still there but it wasn't the same. Then in the 5th book, he seemed bland. Idk, I guess we'll just have to see what the last book brings...

Yes he was. I liked Sebastian. Before he was revealed to be evil and weird.
Yeah..and the part where he seems to have..unwholesome intentions towards Clary. Creeps. Me. Out.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:02 pm
Catharsisity
netherfreak
Catharsisity
netherfreak
Catharsisity

Exactly! biggrin

Yeah..and the part where he seems to have..unwholesome intentions towards Clary. Creeps. Me. Out.

Oh, I didn't really like him as a good guy. He was bland. But when his true nature is revealed, he's purely horrible (in the good way). I hated his guts! More than Valentine even, and that's what you're supposed to feel towards a bad guy.  

netherfreak
Captain

Catharsisity

Nebulous Duck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 pm
netherfreak
Catharsisity
netherfreak
Catharsisity
netherfreak
Catharsisity

Exactly! biggrin

Oh, I didn't really like him as a good guy. He was bland. But when his true nature is revealed, he's purely horrible (in the good way). I hated his guts! More than Valentine even, and that's what you're supposed to feel towards a bad guy.

Very true, but the part where he almost rapes Clary just seemed strange to me.
Valentine was an awesome villain. And I'm happy Johnathan Rhys Meyers is playing him in the movie.  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games