Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Divorce and Remarry?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 pm
User Image

there are many people that argue that, in no circumstances should a couple divorce, let alone, one of them remarry. i believe, that there is one exception, a person can divorce and remarry, if and only if, their partner has committed adulatory against them. i have come to this conclusion by reading the verses: Matthew 5:31-31,, 19:3 and first Corinthians 7:11 and 13. what is your opinion on this widely debated topic?

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:52 pm
...I find it hard to justify demanding that two people who got together young and realized later that they made the wrong choice should be forced to be together until one of them dies. Isn't it also a Christian ideal to forgive the errors of others?  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:48 pm
I think divorce should be the last resort after counseling and trying to work things out. I think there are exceptions though like if a person is really abusive or like you said cheating but I still think people should try to work together to save their marriage.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 am
Marriage is of course, something that must not ever be taken lightly. Divorce should always be a last resort. In today's world, we have so many divorces today - some of them for good reason, and some of them for stupid reasons. Some people have the mindset today of, "Yeah, I'll marry them and if it doesn't work out, we'll just get a divorce."

I honestly don't think a divorced couple should ever considered remarriage because if a divorced person remarries, it's adultery and if someone marries a divorced person it is also considered adultery. It's possible that there could be certain circumstances such as if a person divorced due to domestic violence or their spouse being unfaithful to them - however, you still have a spiritual connection to the first person that you married.

I do believe that if death has parted a couple, that the widow or widower is allowed to become re-married because their marriage vows are no longer binding them together.

I strongly believe in standing for a marriage! Here is an excellent website that I found regarding standing for marriage:

http://rejoiceministries.org/  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers