Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Please help me pray for strength!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Idiotic Human

Wheezing Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 am
My major exam is 16 days away from here (5th nov) and Im having a big problem.
I can't concentrate on my studies at all. There's so many things for me to study
I don't think I have enough time for anything else at all. I've even felt like giving up most of the times.
There's so many distractions around me and I don't know how to stop all these distractions from distracting me.
Distractions caused by my parents, school club, friend, and a stalker.
My parents can't seem to understand what I need especially my mum. I've talked to her so many times but she wouldn't listen.
Please help me pray that my mum would understand me better.
In school, I'm the president of a club. It's in a mess now because of my club's secretary and she's my best friend whom I've known for 11 years now.
Both she and my club's adviser are fighting and I'm stuck in between.
And there's this guy who has a crush on me but is acting like a stalker.
He disturbs me by calling and texting me very often and acts like my boyfriend.
I mean, he acts like an overprotective father and the both of us have never even talked face to face with each other before.
He would also stand next to my seat whenever I sleep in the morning bus and just look at me until I go down the bus.
He's freaking me out. I've been praying that he would stop such nonsense and concentrate on his study.

That's all. For now I really need to pay my fullest attention on my studies
and the kind of strength to overcome many of my other problems at the same time(especially family problems).
So please include me in your prayers, kind person.
Thanks so much for reading this til the end! May our Heavenly Father bless you! C:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 pm
Early morning hours (before the sun even rises) are pretty much disturbance-free. Our Messiah would get up around that time to pray (Mark 1:35). Satan's human vessels aren't disciplined enough to get up around this time it would seem, lol. When I got up and studied around that time (1-5am), I actually did better in my classes. Now I dedicate 5-6 am to studying scripture and I've advanced a lot, with no interruption. I don't know what your schedule is like, but I would highly recommend sacrificing any entertainment/free time until this test is over. Sacrifice whatever you can so you'll be able to go to sleep early and dedicate your study time for early morning sessions. It's a pretty peaceful hour, at least where I live.

As for the stalker: are you provoking any of this behavior by the way you dress? Do you dress modestly or in skin-tight, body-accentuating clothes? These little things make a difference and scripture warns us to dress for modesty not beauty in order to avoid danger or a certain type of attention—whether from angels or men. (1 Cor 11:1-16, 1 Tim 2:9, 2 Sam 13:1-22)

I'll pray for our Heavenly Father to give you wisdom, discernment, and drive—to apply his words & heal your predicaments, and achieve your goals with his help and instruction.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Idiotic Human

Wheezing Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:20 pm
real eyes realize

Sometimes I would study at 3-4am but I'll be sleepy for the rest of the day. I still have tuition classes in the evening. I've long given up on entertainment... except for the internet tho. I still need it to download targeted exam questions and answers and scholarships as well (even tho there's not many for the course that I wanna take)
Im definitely dressed up modestly because I'm in my school uniform most of the time and when I'm not, I'll be wearing jeans with t-shirt. I don't have any skirts or dress other than my school uniform.

Thanks so much for everything anyways! I really appreciate it! C:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:10 am
I'm done with college but I remember how hectic it was. Life is still hectic. Before you start to study, (you probably already do this) but pray. Ask our Father for peace and to shut out distractions. It is very hard. I often used to use the library for studying.
As for the stalker, I think you need to make it known that he is a "creeper" to friends and family and if you feel it necessary, the faculty of where you attend school. Tell him you are NOT interested.
I will pray for you sister, and I know others will too. The Lord knows our needs and he WILL help you. Keep the faith.
May you and your loved ones have peace and blessings little sister.  

StrongGirlBong-Soon

9,475 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150

GemmaL

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:12 am
It's wonderful to know that we can cast all our burdens upon our Lord Jesus. Nothing is to great or small for Him. You are in my prayers.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 am
Philippians 1:6

King James Version (KJV)

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:  

Kidaime

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff