Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Pastor Steve

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cray_All_Day513

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:39 pm
Earlier this year, one of the beloved pastors at my church, Steve Yi, was diagnosed with a form of throat cancer. He and his wife, Gloria (another pastor at the church) knew what kind of battle they were about to face. Steve struggled through most of this year with constant pain, sleep deprivation, and difficulty eating.
Last Monday, Steve was going into surgery. They were going to attempt to take the mass that had formed in his neck out. My friend Leah and I, both being very close to Steve and Gloria, spent 3 hours after school that day praying for Steve, Gloria, their 4-year-old daughter Ella, and the doctors. Around 9 at night, we heard that 99% of the mass was removed, and they believed the last 1% was dead scar tissue. Our entire church rejoiced in the good news. We were certain we were gonna get Steve back.
Today, they got the results of the PET scan. The 1% is cancerous. There is almost no way it can be removed. A recovery would be nearly impossible and recquire a miracle. That's all i'm asking for guys. A miracle.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:36 pm
Don't worry. It'll be fine. Most of the time diagnosis are inaccurate. My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer few months ago. a week later they said it isn't. Another week later the doc said it is and she needs to undergo surgery asap. 1 or 2 weeks later she went for the surgery and everything went well. 2 or 3 weeks ago my mum went for a checkup. The doc said she doesn't need chemo at all. In fact, she didn't have to go for the surgery at all because she was only at stage 1. All she to do was to take out the tumor and that's all.
I'll help pastor Steve to pray! So please tell him to stay strong! He'll make it through! c:

Idiotic Human

Wheezing Cat

GemmaL

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:06 am
My prayers are with him and his family. The Lord's Will be done - by His stripes we are healed.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games