Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Woah, After 1 year away my account worth has Sky-Rocketed xD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has this happened to you?
  Yes!
  No...
  I wish xD
View Results

Jake Rylander

Dangerous Hunter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:08 am
I'm not kidding, I bought items for like 500g now worth like 200k and such xD

What the Heck happened here! xD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 am
Some items increase in value when they become unavailable and some of those items are thrown away and others is stuck with abandoned accounts, so for rare items time=less items of that sort=possible higher price
and it can be the other way around too  

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Shujitsun

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 pm
Well there was major inflation a while ago where everything almost doubled in price, but then alot of things went back down too. Quite a few of them stayed up there though xD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:37 pm
Shujitsun
Well there was major inflation a while ago where everything almost doubled in price, but then alot of things went back down too. Quite a few of them stayed up there though xD
More like quadrupled. Ninja band used to be around 2.2mil in '08. Booty grab came and zOMG came out. Now look how much it is.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Shujitsun

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:43 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Shujitsun
More like quadrupled. Ninja band used to be around 2.2mil in '08. Booty grab came and zOMG came out. Now look how much it is.

Ah, well it depends on the items I guess. When I got cloud, I think it was about 10-20k. And now it's about...20x that price? I'm so glad I kept it now xD
But those two examples are probably also because of the high demand for them. Like Coco and Kiki went up to about double their price, but Coco's come back down.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:02 pm
Well the most prominent example I have right now is this:

I had obtained the Ace Meow Item for almost 500g each when it came out and I have close to 50. Now the average price for each one is now 20k approx. Which tallies out to 1m, minus the buy cost that was 25k for all. I essentially have 975K profit here biggrin

But then Again, it's all up to the fact that people will buy them or not.  

Jake Rylander

Dangerous Hunter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Shujitsun

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:10 pm
Oh people will buy them. Just don't put 20 up at a time xD It'll sell eventually, as long as you're the first person on the list.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:14 pm
I will sell them (Post the Listing) in Set's of 5, at least 1 set per every 2 days. Hopefully I shall sell them all by 2 weeks or so.  

Jake Rylander

Dangerous Hunter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:14 pm
Selling hoardes is usually no problem. As long as you're willing to settle on a price, you'll make tons of profit. The real question is what price to settle on. If you list too high, no one will buy. If you list too low, you'll make cash too slow. I personally hoarded around 40-60 barnabas crusades at 50K each. I'm hoping to sell them for a significant profit over time.  
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games