Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Forgotten Realms of Life 1x1 (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 pm
Brothelian Venteris, The Master of Sailing

"That's close enough" He said when she tried to pronounce his name again. They would work on it later, but for now it was fine, it was the closest he would get on such a short notice.

The treck through the forest seemed like it took ages, and Brothelian ignored most of the scenery arond him, he simply didn't want too look at it, it made his eyes hurt, all the different shades of green pricked at his sensitive eyes as he was not used to seeing so many colors, and any greens he had seen were worn and bleached from the salt in the sea.

Brothelian was glad that they got along like this, even if they didn't understand each other all that well, or at least he hoped they were getting along. Of course not knowing her language could be dangerous in the fact that she could be saying things about how she would kill him, though, judging by facial expressions and the way she sounded, he highly doubted it.

Once they reached a hut, if it could even be called that, they moved quickly towards it, and once inside he was laid down, which he was grateful for, as his body was starting to feel the effects of the crash again. As the girl started to browse his body, he wondered for what, and he reached behind his head instinctively. He rolled over onto his side, away from the girl to show the back of his head. "Water to clean up the blood... I can take care of it... Just need to wrap some bandages around it. Wonder if part of my shirt will do."

Brothelian looked at all the herbs that grew around the hut, so many he wondered what all of them did. 'I wonder if some taste good as a seasoning..' He then sighed and closed his eyes, it was a relief to shut out light from his vision.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:04 pm
𝕭aelli𝓪 𝕬lfor𝓪

Baellia nodded with a smile, sweet smile. She was glad that she was able to pronouce his name. She watched as Brothelian as he shifted his body. As her gaze met that of the dried blood on the back of his head her eyes widened. "Y-y-y-yo....." She stuttered, the single word jumping around in mouth like a popcorn kennel ready to pop. Although no other words would leave her lips. Baellia stepped back, stumbling into a fall. Her back hit the ground though she still proceeded to push herself as far away as possible from him. Her eyes fixed on his wound. The elf's hands trembled like an earthquake and tears quickly came to her eyes. It was her only true fear, blood.

Slowly shifting her hand towards a pot she managed to pull a cloth into it. The cloth his the water within the pot and peacefully sank to the bottom of the pot as the rag adsorbed the surrounding water. Baellia closed her eyes tightly, causing the tears in her eyes to roll down her face. She sniffed back a runny nose and swallowed a scream. She didn't want to scare him off . There was no real reason that Baellia could come to that invoked her fear. To her knowledge it was an event that must have happened when she was very small and her mind blocked it out.

(Yo just means I)  

Scarlett Cross

Invisible Raider

6,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Brothelian shifted again when he heard Baellia fall to the ground somewhat silently. He heard the distinct sound of something dropping into water and he then turned around to face her. "Ah..." Brothelian let out the sound as he swung his legs over unsteadily.

He sank to all fours and touched the ground with his hands, walking over on all fours much like a baby did, not crawling but not walking either. "I can mend my wounds... Do not cry it is nothing serious..." Brothelian said these words uncertainly not sure what she was scared of him or his wound.

Brothelian then looked into the bucket and saw the rag. He reached in and weakly drew the sopping rag, he twisted it quickly before balancing with his right hand again, reaching the other to the back of his head. He applied the piece of cloth to where the blood was and once it loosened he felt warm liquid pour out. It wasn't much but still enough to make him worry. How much had he lost. "Well now I know why I'm so weak..." Brothelian muttered as he dunked the cloth back into the cool water, the dried blood seeping into the rest of the water, making it a light red.

While the rag was soaking he felt deeper into his hair now that it wasn't matted up by dried blood. He felt the distinct region of where the piece of wood from the shipwreck had hit his head. By how it felt, it was only a small bump that had broke open because of impact. A few days and it would be gone, if he kept good care of it. 'Alright good... Though I feel like something is missing. Not physically but mentally I feel like there is a blank that I have to try and fill...'

He let out a small sigh as he tried to remember whatever was in the foggy parts of his mind but it was too thick and he could not penetrate such a deep fog. Yet. Something was hidden from him, he knew that but what he was unsure of. He then looked up at his new companion. "So what makes you so nervous?" Brothelian still did not understand that the girl was scared of blood.

Brothelian then turned suddenly and stood up, his head clear, he drew his rapier. Something else was on this piece of land. Something ancient and powerful, something alien and dangerous. He turned to the girl, his eyes narrowing slightly as he tried to learn what power he had just felt. "What else lives on this island besides you? I sense something that is not like you and I living nearby..." The magic was radiating powerfully from this island, how he did not sense it before was beyond him, it must have been because of his head injury.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:34 pm
𝕭aelli𝓪 𝕬lfor𝓪

Baellia's hand was tightly against the wall of the hut. Her hands were still shaking as she watched the rag turn the water slightly red, her eyes fixed on it until she moved her hand over the the pot and knocked it over. The water splashed into the corner of the hut and was quickly gone, adsorbed into the ground. "L-l-l-l-lo.....lo siento" She managed to stutter out knowing that he didn't understand. Baellia began taking deep breaths to calm herself. As she regains her self her eyes shut softly.

"Temo la sangre y no nadie vive aquí pero mi mama y yo." She said replying to his questions about the island and others living there. She knew that everyone else had died, and all that were left were herself and the old dragon she called "mother". Soon she would have to leave Brothelian and return to the dragon to give her, her dinner and make sure she would be ok through the night.

With one last breath she opens her eyes. "Ok?" She asked, knowing that "ok" was a human word. She wanted him to understand her. So she began to think of ways that would help him understand. Standing up she picked up the pot and walked outside to the lake, and came back with the pot half full of water. She then started a small fire and began to heat the pot to boil the water. "¿Tienes hambre?" She asked as she made hand motions as if she was eating soup. Bringing her imaginary spoon her her mouth. Baellia wasn't sure if the boy who get it but she was trying.

(OoC: Sorry about the wait. Translations: lo siento, "I'm sorry.". Temo la sangre y no nadie vive aquí pero mi mama y yo, I'm scared of blood and no, no one lives here but my mom and I". ¿Tienes hambre?, "Are you hungry?") razz )  

Scarlett Cross

Invisible Raider

6,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 pm

The girl seemed like she was trying to tell him something about family. He quickly sheathed his sword, the magic must've been coming from them then, however it was stronger than any he had ever felt before and it disturbed him greatly. He sat down and tore at his pant legs, making a long strip of linen. He tore it off at a length that suited his needs and then quickly started winding it around his head, making sure to cover the injury on the back of his head. The girl had left to go fetch some more water, or so he had assumed and when he was done bandaging his head he closed his eyes, thankful for a small bit of rest.

This rest however was short lived. The girl came back with another bowl full of water, this time it was only half full. When she asked her question of if he was hungry he nodded his head in agreement, understanding only because of her gesture. Not only was he hungry, he was famished. 'I hope she can cook better than our cook else I'll be puking my guts out before I can even guess what she made." Their cook was horrible on the ship, mostly because she had no sense of taste left in her mouth do to her tongue being cut out, however that didn't stop her from being motherly and the rest of the crew, both male and female, always found it hard to tell her no, even the captain himself.

'The captain! That's right where is he? I have no idea where I am, and a strange girl has helped me for no other reason than out of the goodness of her heart, or so I assume, let us hope she does not have any other motives behind it all... There is a strong source of magic somewhere nearby, though where specifically I cannot say. I hate to admit it but I have no idea what to do, Capt. what should I do now? I'm already lost and it hasn't even been an hour since I last saw you.. Or what I think is an hour. I know, as soon as I get well enough to stand securely on my own two feet, I shall look for the ship, then I'll depart and be gone of this strange place, wherever it is, though this girl is nice.' Brothelian then spoke aloud to his savior.

"Do you have a book somewhere with letters of your language? Something to write with as well... I think I can handle that much at least..." The last part was mumbled mostly out of embarrassment of how he couldn't stand on his own two feet, let alone hold his blade and defend himself if need be. He shook his head and then made two different gestures, the first of him turning pages and seeming to read something by moving his pointer finger over the pretend pages, the second being him writing something down by dabbing a quill into an ink pot and writing it down on paper.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:09 am
𝕭aelli𝓪 𝕬lfor𝓪

Baellia sighed and picked a cayenne pepper from her lower wall and began grinding. she knew that a tattered piece of a pant leg and some water wasn't going to help his wound heal so she was grinding the pepper for him, although to him it might have looked as if she was grinding it to season food. "Tu es desesperanzado", she muttered under her breath. When the pepper was a fine powder Baellia stepped towards Brothelian, her hands holding the bowl of powder "S-still..." She managed to stutter out of her mouth, unsure if that was the correct word for what she wanted to say.

She sat behind him, slowly untieing the cloth he had wrapped around his head. "Esto no ayudará.." She said softly picking up the cloth and slowly whipping the wound down, swallowing hard with a shaking hard. She was trying not to look at the wound. At the same time holding back the urge to freak out. When the wound was completely cleaned she took a small handful of the powdered cayenne pepper and began rubbing it into his wound, her other hand holding his forehead. She knew within seconds he would be screaming in pain. The good thing about cayenne pepper was that after roughly 30 seconds to a minute he wouldn't feel any external pain as the pepper would numb the surface.

When she was done she got up, leaving the hut to come back with a cabbage. "Heal.." She said still unsure if that was the word she was looking for. She broke the outside leaves off the cabbage and threw the rest in the pot. With the leaves she had took off she covered the wound with them, then re-wrapped his pant leg back around his head. "Fin.." She said smiling and walking back over the her pot to decide what she should put into her soup.

As Brothlian talked about books and writing, but it was his hand motions that helped her understand what a "book" was. Looking down she thought about the village she had abandoned to take care of the old dragon. "Uno minuto", she said as she got up, her arms hanging at her side like loose noodles. She remembered her parents and village and sighed as she left the hut. Taking off into a run with her pouch on her side she hopped through the forest until she came to a clearing where the empty huts of her people stood, moss covered.

"Mother....father...." She said as she walked into her old house, finding a few history books and some old writing paper. She stuck the things into her pocket and grabbed a few pieces of thin paper that had once had a child's drawing on it, but now was faded.

Baellia stared at the faded colors of the paper before sticking them into her pouch and taking off, out of the village, back into the forest, and soon she walked through the open door of her hut. "Aqui.." She said handing him her pouch. Within it would be all the things she thought he had asked for along with basic herbs that she used for burns and hunger. She was concerned about his condition, and wondered how long it would take him to get better. Until then she would do everything in her power to take care of him.

((Tu es desesperanzado= You're hopeless. Esto no ayudará= That won't help. Uno minuto= One minute. Aqui= Here))  

Scarlett Cross

Invisible Raider

6,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Brothelian watched and when she came around with the powdered pepper he tried to get away, but the girl was too swift, by the time he had started to react she was already rubbing the pepper into the wound. After a few seconds, he felt the first itchings, then the pain came. Tears welled up in Brothelian's eyes as he held in a yell by biting his lower lip, hard. Of course this only brought more pain, though the one to his lip was temporary. Luckily for Brothelian the pain subsided as he could no longer feel the back of his head. Baellia then applied something to the back of his head, a cabbage leaf.

Baellia was off again and while she was gone Brothelian tried to stand again, but as soon as he started to raise himself his vision swam and rocked, his balance thrown askew, the lump on the back of his head part of the problem, the other was that his body was still used to the rocking of the sea. 'I still can't believe any of this... Obviously its not a dream, but again, how did I end up here with no idea of how I got here? I just hope I remember soon.

Baellia was then back with a pouch, it was handed too him and Brothelian accepted the pouch. Once in his hands, Brothelian opened it up slowly and took out the paper and history books as well as the writing tools. He then handed it back and immediately went to work. First, a journal.

Day 1, Date Unknown.

Found out today that I am somewhere unfamiliar, though how I got here is unknown to me. A strange girl by the name of Baellia has helped me for no other reason than to help out of the goodness of her heart. She speaks another language and it is difficult to understand her, though for now, hand signals allow us to communicate. I asked her for these pieces of paper so I may better learn her language, and her mine through the alphabet of each. The books she brought me should prove useful in this endeavor. There is a powerful magical force somewhere outside of the hut, but since I cannot move, I can't find out what it is. Baellia says its her mother, it doesn't seem to be coming closer, maybe they live in different houses? Doubtful, but possible.

He then set the paper aside and continued to analyze the hut. 'I should draw a sketching of her, just in case I get lost on the island and lose all my memories again...' He picked up the writing utensils and paper, set a book in his lap and went to work, first were the rough sketchings of a face with the axis, he was drawing a three fourths angle of Baellia. Though it was discouraged by the Captain while he was on duty, Brothelian had been allowed to sketch the men and women of the ship, and whenever they docked he was allowed a few hours to sketch the town and its people, or whatever appealed to his eye. He worked silently, only the sound of a slight scratching sound coming from his small area inside the hut as he worked diligently.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:06 am
𝕭aelli𝓪 𝕬lfor𝓪

Baellia took back her pouch and left the hut once again. This time it was to gather vegetables for there. "Maybe even mother will have some" She giggled knowing that she wouldn't. Dragons like her will only eat the best, therefore Bea would have to go out and kill something. In the lake she gathered water were fill of fish of all sizes. It was rare that she was aloud to catch them.However, Beallia thought it was a good occasion for them. She would ask Brothelian if he wanted to come and sit by the water, while she caught them some fish. Giggling at the thought she smiled. He wasn't dangerous like the "beings" from the world were said to be, as told by her mother.

She picked many vegetables. Carrots, potatoes, onions, cabbage, corn, etc, all were going into her stew, although she picked little amounts so that it all would fit in her pot. Her hands were covered in dirt and smirs of dirt a crossed her face and she headed towards the lake scrubbing the dirt off all the vegetables before washing her own hands and heading back to her hut where the strange man awaited. She walked back into the hut once again and began to cut the potatoes with a small knife from her pouch.

As she prepared her vegetables she looked over at the man wondering what he was writing. The strange characters on the page that were so foreign to her looked pretty, although she couldn't tell you what they meant in the slightest. Catch up in the what the boy was writing she glided the knife a little too close to her finger and sliced her finger open. Without a second she dropped the knife and grabbed the rag that had been used to clean Brothelian's wound. She wrapped it tightly around her hand, her free hand now shaking similar to when she saw Brothelian's head wound.

Scarlett Cross

Invisible Raider

6,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:23 am

Brothelian lifted his head as he heard the scramble for a rag. The knife was no longer in Baellia's hand, but instead on the surface that she was using to cut, a rag wrapped around the girls finger. "Are you alright?" He asked a slight tone of concern in his voice. The girl was helping him so the least he could do was be kind and caring in return, even if they didn't understand each other.

He sighed, knowing he could do nothing and then went back to work on his drawing, starting with the hair, it was long and straight, and had a beautiful tone to it. Brothelian remembered when an artist lectured him for doing the hair first was silly and that he should start with the face rather than the hair. It never had made sense to him, and Brothelian had never corrected his 'unsatisfying' habit. "You know, you have very beautiful hair... Many women of the court would be jealous of how it shines in the light." He smiled finishing the last touches of the hair.

Next was the ears. Brothelian lifted his head again and looked at Baellia's. Different then a human ear, yet similar, what was the difference between the two? He shook his head and drew the rounded edges of the human ear, though he knew it was clearly wrong, but he didn't know how he was wrong at the same time either.

Brothelian continued his sketch in detail and then set it aside, finished with the project more quickly than he had anticipated. Brothelian closed his eyes and thought dreamily 'You know... The Captain would really enjoy this place and exploring it if he was still alive... Maybe, when were both dead I'll invite him here, asking for Baellia's permission.' He then fell asleep his head falling to his left.

Brothelian's dream was of him standing on a grassy field, the grass white instead of green. Off in the distance he could hear the sounds of the sea and he took off, knowing that the sight would comfort him as he felt suddenly lonely. When he reached it however, Brothelian was surprised to see the ship sitting there, beached. No one was manning it and he moved closer.

Brothelian called out to find he had no voice. He shrugged and continued on, climbing up the side of the ship by anchor chain. He climbed inside and looked around, nothing. The sounds of feasting however could be heard and he made his way to the kitchens. That was when the dream turned into a nightmare.

The crew sat, eating away and when Brothelian came into the room, they turned and greeted him, however their bodies were rotten and bones were broken. Some stood up and wrapped thier hands around him as if nothing was wrong, that was until they were close enough to bite. Brothelian cried out and sliced with his rapier as his arms were pinned quickly and he was taken down. A yell escaped his lips as he was swallowed up into a cold darkness. The water was wet and slimy.

On the outside all that happened was a muscle twitch on his face and a twitch of a hand and a foot, however a sweat was breaking loose upon his body, and a slight fever upon his brow was prevelant. A small symbol glowed underneath his jerkin, and it seemed to pulse a tiny blue light that would be undetected until near his body, as the pulses were not only magical, but physical as well. Brothelian's body was calling out for the crew of the now lost ship.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:10 pm
𝕭aelli𝓪 𝕬lfor𝓪

Baellia looked at Brothelian as she heard concern in his voice. She giggled nervously a nodded "Mi ok" She said as her hand continued to bleed as her hands still tremble. She couldn't remember what had started her fear of blood, however the condition she put herself into when her eyes met the sight of that red elixir. Baellia looked back down taking the left over cayenne that she had used before, then proceeded to do the same process on her hand that she did on Brothelian's head wound. This time tying the cabbage leaves in a knot on the top of her hand.

Baellia went back to chopping her veggies. She dumped them all and clapped her hands together to clean them off. Now all she needed was to wait. Her ears twitched at the sound of the pencil moving a crossed the paper. in long strokes that didn't sound anything like writing anymore. Then his voice break the illusion created by the pencil strokes. She didn't fully understood him, although she did understand his complement. She giggled and nodded "Gracis....th-thank you..." She said smiling. However, the smile didn't last long as her face twisted into confusion as she thought about the "woman of the court". "Qui es la...wwwwoman of .. the court?" She asked wondering what that could be. Was it like some sort of herb.

Baellia awaited his answer, although perhaps she hadn't spoke out loud for when she gazed at Brothelian he was sleeping. She sighed and shook up to lay the boy down in the bed he was sitting in, her own. Her hands were very gently as to not to wake him. "I wonder what he has gone through to have come here and why..: She thought as she pulled a small blanket up over him in case he got cold.

As perspiration began to run down his body Baellia began to worry. What was going on in his subconscious. Was he dreaming of the moments before he washed up, or was it something darker. She changed the water and washed the rag before laying the newly wet rag upon Brothelian's forehead. "Brothelian.." She said softly as if trying to wake him quietly.

Scarlett Cross

Invisible Raider

6,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Brothelian's eyes opened. However they weren't the shining eyes of something intelligent. They were the exact opposite, dull and lifeless. His voice resounded. "Resetting the parameters of memory loss.... Activation code required... Input accepted... Specimen Brothelian now ready for resetting... Happening in three.. Two... Error in memory reset..." His face then turned to Baellia's. "Malfunction... Resetting parameters for resetting. Avoiding memory loss... Memory restoration three percent... Seven percent... Ten percent... Error, resetting functionality of specimen... Capacity of learning set at three hundred percent... Resetting learning... Memory restoration booting up... thirty seven percent complete... Stand by while a back up synopsis is occurring..."

The body of Brothelian lifted off the bed slightly and floated there. "Synopsis complete... Magic at full capacity... Body functionality now set at one hundred percent... Coordination reset to full capacity. Learning reset to regular parameters... Shutting down..." The body fell back onto the bed. "Rebooting.." His eyes then closed though the pulsing on his chest still was occurring, now it was shining through his shirt, released a final wave and then the ancient symbol lifted upwards. Anyone that had been near a dragon could read it clearly, it said simply in the language of the draconic beings 'Death.' The symbol faded and Brothelian's body was still, his breathing regular and his fever now gone. His eyes did not move however, another dream was happening in his mind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:20 pm
𝕭aelli𝓪 𝕬lfor𝓪

Baellia jumped back as Brothelian's dull eyes burst wide. Her heart was pounding. "Que es...." She stuttered as her back hit the wall. She almost knocked over the soup she was making as Baellia leaned forward to look back into Brothelian's eyes. she couldn't believe what was happening, in fact she was quiet confused. What was happening to him? Baellia couldn't understand all these words he was saying.

Then it happened, Brothelian's chest pulsed and a familiar marking appeared. "Death" was upon his chest. THis made her back up again, although she did it much more cautiously then before. After things settled down she began to shake Brothelian again. "Brothelian.......mr....." She repeated again and again hoping he would open his eyes and be normal once again. Maybe he would explain what had happened.

Scarlett Cross

Invisible Raider

6,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers