Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Chri

Back to Guilds

Reply Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians
Intelligent Design Vs. Evolution

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever gotten in a arguement with someone over this?
  yes
  no
View Results

Panthuraz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:13 pm
there are many inconsiderate people out there, and anywhere you go you have to face the problem (here on Gaia also), and stand up for what is right and what you believe in. In school teachers will be giving the Evolution course which i will debate w/ my teacher. But anyways here's some good information any God believer needs to know.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/evoluwrong.html

http://www.drdino.com/

http://www.rae.org/revev5.html

http://www.christianteenforums.com/ ~this is also a good place to discuss with other teens  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:18 pm
honestly, i believe in evolution. you do realize that evolution in no way contradicts religion? evolution is in fact, as close to proven as anything- the passing of traits through the generations is, in essence, evolution.  

divineseraph

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:38 pm
divineseraph
honestly, i believe in evolution. you do realize that evolution in no way contradicts religion? evolution is in fact, as close to proven as anything- the passing of traits through the generations is, in essence, evolution.

I do not believe evolution contradicts God in the least. He uses evolution to work his will. Saying the one discounts the other actualy puts false limits to God's power and assumes we know his ways.

Your siggy though...what if the woman who doesn't want to be a mother just gave the child to the man who fathered it? What if he didn't want it then?
I really shouldn't get into this. I have my own views on pro-choice/pro-life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:14 pm
i think they should be able to teach evolution because darwin never said it was a fact it's a theory. in school we learn about different cultures of the world, that is where the creationism belongs. just because a certain amount of people believe in the genesis story doens't mean everyone does or everyone would appreciate their kids having ot learn about it in science. but it would be more acceptable in world history where they would study the genesis verson of creationism along with other ones too. this way everyone gets what they want. because ... just imagine if the theory of evolution wasn't taught AT ALL. it wouldn't give children their own choice on what they want to believe but force them to believe something they may not have agreed with.

i read the the origin of species because (no offense by this) but some christian would tell me how i SHOULDN'T believe in evolution...

so i read the origin of species

and i see no reason why (as a jew OR a christan) i SHOULD'T

to me, it's just proof that there is a god. he sees that we have needs so we evolved to adjust to our needs. that's just my opinion

and if you disagree it's fine with me just please don't call me stupid or give anyone any names they maynot deserve wink  

murder13dolls

oO Momma T Oo

Aged Explorer

5,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:51 am
Changes in the gene pool due to natural selection has been proven. Evolution into entirely new species has not. It is entirely possible that when God created everything, He started out simple. Then He started making things more complex. He expanded on his creations, making new colors and traits, making similar but different versions. Decided He didn't like some of them killed them off, created something different, and eventually ended up with us. This would explain why things seem to go from simple to complex and why the evolutionists still haven't provided their missing links (because there aren't any). Remember, you can't just say "science isn't real" or "science doesn't agree with God," because when God created the world, He created science too. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:44 am
Actually, it was more of a discussion than an argument. Personally, I believe there's a bit of both going on. Except in the beginning. I don't for a moment believe that we are decended from apes. Or monkeys. Or anything else that has XX percent of our genetic makeup. Pigs hearts are similar enough to ours that they are used for genetic and medical research to help out humans. Doesn't mean we are decended from them either (even though some humans seem to have some of the same behaviours).  

sharksoup

murder13dolls

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:45 pm
well every organsim has a certain percent of common dna 'cause there's only a certain amount of chemicals. it's a homogenous trait. like simularities between jaw structure and how the bone of bats' wings look like human hands.

honestly though, t's just what you're raised to know. and people who totally belive in creationism and no usch of evolution aren't neccessarily dumb, not at all, it's just what they were raised to believe.

but i still, i my own personal opinion, belive that science and math are just perfect examples of god (and his ocd hehe)

it's like....... by making all creature have something similar with each other... he wants us to relaize that we're all creautre of god... i guess.

i dunno i suck at explaining stuff sad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:13 pm
murder13dolls
well every organsim has a certain percent of common dna 'cause there's only a certain amount of chemicals. it's a homogenous trait. like simularities between jaw structure and how the bone of bats' wings look like human hands.

honestly though, t's just what you're raised to know. and people who totally belive in creationism and no usch of evolution aren't neccessarily dumb, not at all, it's just what they were raised to believe.

but i still, i my own personal opinion, belive that science and math are just perfect examples of god (and his ocd hehe)

it's like....... by making all creature have something similar with each other... he wants us to relaize that we're all creautre of god... i guess.

All made by the same designer blaugh  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

murder13dolls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:14 pm
Cherry Sodah
murder13dolls

All made by the same designer blaugh

exactly.. i consider dna a designer tag lol  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas