Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Question: that probably will not be answered Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:15 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro
I don't like the health. I feel it should have high health OR a high BAB. You get a lot for the class outside of your base BAB, and with potions that can raise abilities for a short time, It would increase it to high if you chose so.

To be honest, I was going to lower BAB I was planning on making both like the monks... but just slipped my mind last night
that and the save. Then play test him with a DM that will let you. Tweak it up and down and see how it goes.

That is the only problem... not many DM's would allow a playtest game. I have a folder of classes that no one will allow me to play, because they are homebrewed
I'd be more than willing to to help you playtest your homebrew classes in 3.5 D&D. I just don't promise to let these tested characters outside a very highly controlled environment that couldn't effect the rest of the world. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:48 pm
purest_heart
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro
I don't like the health. I feel it should have high health OR a high BAB. You get a lot for the class outside of your base BAB, and with potions that can raise abilities for a short time, It would increase it to high if you chose so.

To be honest, I was going to lower BAB I was planning on making both like the monks... but just slipped my mind last night
that and the save. Then play test him with a DM that will let you. Tweak it up and down and see how it goes.

That is the only problem... not many DM's would allow a playtest game. I have a folder of classes that no one will allow me to play, because they are homebrewed
I'd be more than willing to to help you playtest your homebrew classes in 3.5 D&D. I just don't promise to let these tested characters outside a very highly controlled environment that couldn't effect the rest of the world. xd
In that case... I will allow you to choose... this one, or The knight of the 7th Circle

Hit dice 10

Skills
Same as Fighter plus Knowledge Arcana, Relegion, planes And spellcraft

Good saves Fort and Will
Bab: High

Weapons and Armor: As Fighter

1st Spell Resistance, Disruptive Strike 1/day
2nd Bonus Feat
3rd Spell Consumption
4th Disruptive Strike 2/day, Arcane Armor
5th Countermeasures +1
6th Bonus Feat
7th Disruptive Strike 3/day
8th Retaliative Strike
9th bonus Feat
10th Disruptive Strike 4/day Countermeasures +2
11th Reflective Countermeasures
12th Bonus Feat
13th Disruptive Strike 5/day
14th
15th Countermeasures +3, Bonus Feat
16th Disruptive Strike 6/day
17th
18th
19th Disruptive Strike 7/day Bonus Feat
20th Countermeasures +4

Spell resistance: A Knight of the 7th circle, by having spells flung at them continuously, learns how to resist spells and the like. A knight gains a spell resistance of 10 plus their class level.

Disruptive Strike: Since the dawn of their training, Knight of the 7th circle have learned how to inflect lingering pain in mages. Pain that makes it incredibly difficult for them to cast spells in following rounds. For one round per 2 knight levels [minimal 1], a mage struck with a Disruptive strike has to roll a concentration check (DC 10 + 1/2 damage dealt in the original attack [1 minimal] + spell level)

Bonus Feat: A Knight may gain a bonus feat as if they was a fighter of the same level

Spell Consumption: If the Knight successfully resists a spell, he gains a number of temperary hit points equal to the spell level, unlike normal temporary hit point these stack.

Countermeasures: The knight have watched his mentors, practiced, and learned how best to counter spells of the enemy. Spells cast by the Knight no longer have to be of the same level but can be of a lower spell level. The number of levels lower is indicated by the plus. At level 5 a Knight of the 7th circle can cast a 1st level spell to counter a 2 level spell. The bonus only effects counter spells cast from the Knight's own class list, no other class. To use this ability, the Knight must ready an attack and identify the spell being cast. Losing a prepared spell, he can attempt disspell the magical force.

Reflective Countermeasure: The Knight have become so adapt at countering spells, that he can now reflect the spell back at the caster. If a spell is countered, the caster and Knight must make opposing concentration rolls. If the Knight wins the roll the spell reflected back at mage and would then be forced to take the effects of the spell. If the Mage wins, the spell is lost like a normal countered spell

Retaliative strike: Should a Knight resist a spell, he may make a single attack against the nearest enemy. He gains a bonus to the damage done if he hits equal to the spell level. He can ether use this ability or Spell Consumption

Spells: Same as a Paladin
The one I really want I can't have, yet... and it would be too long, leveling up wise, before I could playtest  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm
I'd like to test the Knight. It looks fun and it could easily be adapted into any game world. Just don't expect much beyond combat in the playtest. If you want we could try out that d20.net site that got posted here recently.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:14 pm
purest_heart
I'd like to test the Knight. It looks fun and it could easily be adapted into any game world. Just don't expect much beyond combat in the playtest. If you want we could try out that d20.net site that got posted here recently.
I need Caravan Guards Always.  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:32 pm
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
I need Caravan Guards Always.
This would be more a tangent thing. After playtest he may be able to play in the main group with them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:38 pm
purest_heart

Can't it requires a webcamera/mic... my computer has nether  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:40 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
purest_heart

There are chat boxes. I don't have either of those myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm
purest_heart
Southern Cross Nemesis
purest_heart

I run most of my games in Skype  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:54 pm
purest_heart
Southern Cross Nemesis
purest_heart

hmm... didn't know that... do you know if it needs to download?
The one I really really want to play, but aren't holding my breath
Quote:
Dark Hunter
Hd d8

Requirements
Alignment: No lawful or good
Base Attack Bonus: +4.
Skill: Knowledge (Nature) 4 ranks.
Feat: Track.

Skills 2+ intell mod
Bluff, Craft, Concentration, Hide, Heal, Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival.

Good saves Fort and Reflex
Bab: High (+1 per level)

1st Bone Forge, Reaper’s touch
2nd Bone accuracy +1
3rd Damage Bonus +1 dice
4th Reaper’s Grasp
5th Bone accuracy +2
6th Damage Bonus +2 dice
7th Reaper’s Grasp
8th Bone accuracy +3
9th Damage Bonus +3 dice
10th Reaper’s Grasp,

Bone Forge: Taking parts of a fallen foe, or off of an already dead body, the dark hunter can craft a non magical melee weapon or Ammo out of it. The dead body can’t be undead or be from a fallen undead creature (Follow normal rules for Craft, the materials are the bone and harvested part drops the creation costs ¼) All weapons or ammo forged this way take -3 Damage and Attack rolls (Minimal 1 damage) The Reaper’s class abilities only effect items made by that Dark hunter

Reaper’s touch: A creature attacked by Dark hunter Bone Forged weapon to the same beast the bone was forged from.(Bones of an animal hitting a bear.) The creature must make a Fort save DC (13+ Dark hunter Wisdom modifier) or take 1d2 Con. The damage turns into +1d8 hp damage instead if same type, but not of the same subtype and the creature fails the DC roll, though the DC remains the same in ether case. (Weapon was made from an elf bones and the target is an Orc.) Reaper’s touch doesn’t affect undead creatures or creatures if not even same type.

Bone Accuracy: Dark hunter takes a bonus to attack with weapons forged though the Bone Forge ability

Damage Bonus: If the Dark hunter has any special attacks like Sneak attack, sudden strike, or the like, the dark hunter gets a bonus dice to those attacks like if he had gained them though his class.  If the dark hunter has no such ability then he gains Sudden Strike as a Ninja (Complete Adventure)

Reaper’s Grasp: Increase Reaper’s touch damage to 1d4 Con/+2d8 on a failed save. It increases to 1d6 Con/+3d8 at level 7 and to 1d8 Con/+4d8 at level 10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:12 pm
Sure actually, but I'd like to try the knight first though. You could run two characters in the playtest game and when the second character meets the preregs for the prestige you could have the second character take the class.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces