Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Skyrim

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 pm
I swear I haven't even been playing this game for a week now and already I've got 86 hours clocked in. I'll break 100 hours by the end of the week razz  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:56 pm
maui boy no ka oi
I swear I haven't even been playing this game for a week now and already I've got 86 hours clocked in. I'll break 100 hours by the end of the week razz

I used to be an adventurer like you... until I took an arrow to the knee.
Let me guess- somebody stole your sweetroll?

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:48 pm
Eternal Rebellion
maui boy no ka oi

I used to be an adventurer like you... until I took an arrow to the knee.
Let me guess- somebody stole your sweetroll?
I used to play Skyrim like you, but then... everything changed when the fire nation attacked. I just got the Spellbreaker shield and damn that thing is a mage crusher. Those damn forsworn ravagers with their fancy magic icicles are no problem anymore. They don't even do any damage now LOL. These guys used to one shot me before I got my ebony armor and damage resistance buffs. Now I can just slowly walk up to them with a raised shield and shield bash them to death LOL. It also makes dragons a piece of cake. There is literally no one in the game right now that I am afraid to face.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 pm
maui boy no ka oi
I used to play Skyrim like you, but then... everything changed when the fire nation attacked. I just got the Spellbreaker shield and damn that thing is a mage crusher. Those damn forsworn ravagers with their fancy magic icicles are no problem anymore. They don't even do any damage now LOL. These guys used to one shot me before I got my ebony armor and damage resistance buffs. Now I can just slowly walk up to them with a raised shield and shield bash them to death LOL. It also makes dragons a piece of cake. There is literally no one in the game right now that I am afraid to face.

That is awesome, nice find! Resist magic everything, lol. I'm addicted to Oblivion right now, trying to get as far as I can in the Thieves Guild! heart

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:42 am
Eternal Rebellion
maui boy no ka oi

That is awesome, nice find! Resist magic everything, lol. I'm addicted to Oblivion right now, trying to get as far as I can in the Thieves Guild! heart
LOL I remember in Oblivion I kept getting kicked out of the Thieve's guild for stealing stuff from my guild mates. No problem with that in Skyrim though since they pretty much let you jack whatever you want razz I also remember hand to hand was very much usable in Oblivion (on medium and lower difficulties). Not the case in Skyrim and I was rather disappointed since I used to love chasing innocent people around punching them in the back of the head XD I was also somewhat disappointed with "beast mode" in Skyrim. By the time I got along to finishing the Companions quest to get beast mode, I had enchanted ebony armor and a legendary blade of woe with 100 proficiency in sneak and nightweaver's band. I could one shot Dwarven Centurions with the shrouded gloves from the Dark Brotherhood questline and sneaking up on them is very possible with nightingale boots (I prefer them to the shrouded boots) and the right strategy. In fact, I have lower level enemies walking right up to me while in sneak mode so I can "backstab" them in the face XD I swear Skyrim's gameplay is so broken. But I guess that's part of what makes it fun. I once had to kill a foresworn briarheart as part of a bounty but since I had already completed the Malacath quest, the foresworn in the cave were all friendly to me. Allowed me to walk right up behind the briarheart, pickpocket his briarheart, and collect an easy sum of gold razz  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:18 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Eternal Rebellion
LOL I remember in Oblivion I kept getting kicked out of the Thieve's guild for stealing stuff from my guild mates. No problem with that in Skyrim though since they pretty much let you jack whatever you want razz I also remember hand to hand was very much usable in Oblivion (on medium and lower difficulties). Not the case in Skyrim and I was rather disappointed since I used to love chasing innocent people around punching them in the back of the head XD I was also somewhat disappointed with "beast mode" in Skyrim. By the time I got along to finishing the Companions quest to get beast mode, I had enchanted ebony armor and a legendary blade of woe with 100 proficiency in sneak and nightweaver's band. I could one shot Dwarven Centurions with the shrouded gloves from the Dark Brotherhood questline and sneaking up on them is very possible with nightingale boots (I prefer them to the shrouded boots) and the right strategy. In fact, I have lower level enemies walking right up to me while in sneak mode so I can "backstab" them in the face XD I swear Skyrim's gameplay is so broken. But I guess that's part of what makes it fun. I once had to kill a foresworn briarheart as part of a bounty but since I had already completed the Malacath quest, the foresworn in the cave were all friendly to me. Allowed me to walk right up behind the briarheart, pickpocket his briarheart, and collect an easy sum of gold razz

I was really surprised at the state of the Thieves Guild in Skyrim- I got lost in their hideout and got out about an hour or so later xD - I can't believe that they let you steal whatever you want!

I love hand to hand combat in Oblivion! It is so fun, especially if whoever you're fighting has low agility and falls down, lol. I heard that in Skyrim hand to hand doesn't have any bonuses, but you can start bar fights! I wish I could play Skyrim right now, I only rented it.

Ah the Dark Brotherhood... good times... good times xD
I remember in Oblivion I had a storyline where I didn't want to have any part of the Brotherhood (since I already did it in my other character) that when Lucien came up to me (I was sleeping in the Mages Guild at the time) I attacked him and all the mages woke up, blasted him with multiple spells, and he died. Now I don't have to worry about him! heart

The sneak cut scenes in Skyrim are so fun! emotion_awesome

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:10 am
Eternal Rebellion
I was really surprised at the state of the Thieves Guild in Skyrim- I got lost in their hideout and got out about an hour or so later xD - I can't believe that they let you steal whatever you want!

I love hand to hand combat in Oblivion! It is so fun, especially if whoever you're fighting has low agility and falls down, lol. I heard that in Skyrim hand to hand doesn't have any bonuses, but you can start bar fights! I wish I could play Skyrim right now, I only rented it.

Ah the Dark Brotherhood... good times... good times xD
I remember in Oblivion I had a storyline where I didn't want to have any part of the Brotherhood (since I already did it in my other character) that when Lucien came up to me (I was sleeping in the Mages Guild at the time) I attacked him and all the mages woke up, blasted him with multiple spells, and he died. Now I don't have to worry about him! heart

The sneak cut scenes in Skyrim are so fun! emotion_awesome
Ah yes. The "brawls". They're awesome (especially since I play Argonian race which gets a slight bonus in hand to hand coupled with heavy armor perk that increases hand to hand by 20%). Unfortunately they're one time deals so you only get to fight a certain person once. After that it counts as assault and the guards start slashing your face off with a gigantic battle axe.

As per the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood, yeah they both really fell off the map since Oblivion. There are no more speakers and listeners in the Dark Brotherhood and no one outside of Riften even knows who the Thieves' Guild is. I did think it was pretty cool that you could summon Lachance's ghost though. I never actually used it though since followers just get in the way, but still pretty cool. But that story reminds me of stuff I used to do. When I first got the Wabbajack in Skyrim, I went around blasting random people with it. One person got turned into a mudcrab and started attacking his allies so they all turned around and slaughtered him in mudcrab form LOL.

But yeah no hand to hand bonuses, charge attacks are pathetic, no blocking like in Oblivion, pathetic range as always, and negligible difference in movement speed as opposed to carrying a dagger. There is absolutely no reason to use hand to hand in anything that's not a brawl really. I mean theoretically speaking, I could take the spellbreaker and kill a dragon using nothing but dragonrend and my bare hand since spellbreaker negates about 99% of the damage a dragon can do with its breath and its bite is easily dodged, but that's pretty much all it would be good for: is just messing around. It is very possible for me to one shot dragons (even mid-high level dragons like frost dragons though I have yet to test it out on an ancient or elder dragon) because of my sneak perks, equipment, and high damage dagger if I can sneak up on it though so in terms of comedy, it still falls short.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:11 pm
maui boy no ka oi

I didn't know that you can only fight a person once, thank you for saving me from getting arrested, lol.

The final prize in the Dark Brotherhood is Lachance's Ghost? (I only knew about the black horse) That's awesome, thank you for letting me know. I'll try it out when I get the chance (the LAchance, xD) What exactly does the Wabbajack do? Turn others into random animals? LOL he turned into a mudcrab, omg that is so funny.

When I last played Skyrim I left off at the Mage University, it was so cool. heart

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:35 pm
Eternal Rebellion
maui boy no ka oi

I didn't know that you can only fight a person once, thank you for saving me from getting arrested, lol.

The final prize in the Dark Brotherhood is Lachance's Ghost? (I only knew about the black horse) That's awesome, thank you for letting me know. I'll try it out when I get the chance (the LAchance, xD) What exactly does the Wabbajack do? Turn others into random animals? LOL he turned into a mudcrab, omg that is so funny.

When I last played Skyrim I left off at the Mage University, it was so cool. heart
Oh no you get the summon lachance ability very early on. Shadowmere comes late game, but aside from the Dawnstar sanctuary, I think the final prize is actually Blade of Woe. It's the highest base damage dagger in the game which makes it excellent for sneak attacks. If you choose to just kill Astrid though, you can loot it off her body. As per Wabbajack, it's a lot more useful than it was in Oblivion. It has a chance for a random effect. There's fire damage, frost damage, shock damage, insta-kill healing, and transformation. Or at least, that's what I found.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:40 pm
maui boy no ka oi

Thank you! heart  

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff