Rascal passed on Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 am
Thanks to al of you. Dunno how I'd survive this without you. I haven't been able to move or change anything. I can't even bring myself to clean out his litter box. There are cans and bags of unopened food to be brought back seeing as I hadn't paid for them yet.

Poor Cowboy, was so worried about him that night, but after we left with him, he has no idea what happened, has no idea he's gone. Rascal was an independent boy, some nights he'll sleep in my room, some nights on his own downstairs. Some days he hangs out with Cowboy, mostly does his own thing. So it's easy to feel like nothing happened. Like he's just outside and will be in for a snack any minute.

I keep hearing his li bell, I know that doesn't make me crazy, but then I turn and actually expect to see him there, and I know I'm ******** up. It just feels ike a dream, and I've been waiting to wake up now for 3 days.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 pm
*Hugs* I know you did everything you could for him and most importantly you were there to hold him when he needed you most.

I got my cat, Picasso, right around the same age you got Rascal. He was like a brother. It is especially tough to loose the ones you grew up with because it can be hard to even remember the time before them. I wish I could give you a hug in real life.  

Krissim Klaw
Crew

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:16 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
... I keep hearing his li bell, I know that doesn't make me crazy, but then I turn and actually expect to see him there, and I know I'm ******** up. It just feels ike a dream, and I've been waiting to wake up now for 3 days.

It's entirely possible you are hearing his bell. If you think about it, his spirit may still be hanging around you. I personally have had a few experiences with some of my former pets' spirits (along with a few relatives' spirits, as well) so it's really not so farfetched as you may think it is to still hear Rascal's bell.

Or ... per the movie It's a Wonderful Life (1946) ... "Every time you hear a bell ring, it means that some angel's just got his wings." ... wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:22 pm
Gawd, a week already. Still seems impossible that it happened at all. I dunno if you remember that post I made about, deciding how to commemorate them. Well, I thought I had it all figured out, but now it's like there's too many options and I dunno what to do. I want to bury Rascal's ashes in his favorite spot. Where he'd wait for me to come home from work. Only I worry about what to do when we move. That was sort of the point of cremation, being able to bring him with me. Dad says we can always dig him up if and when this house is sold. Not sure what will feel worse, leaving him behind or digging him up. But the thought of just leaving him on a shelf doesn't sit well with me. The only other option I can picture is leaving an urn on his cat post which I'm leaving right in its spot next to my window. And there is a lovely urn of a cat curled up in a bed sleeping with wings. I guess burial feels best, now, but the fear of the future is what's giving me doubts.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm
Gaby, I would cremate him and spread some of his ashes in the yard, and keep some as well. That way some of him can stay in the place he knew and loved, and some of him can come with you wherever you go.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 pm
Savage Destiny
Gaby, I would cremate him and spread some of his ashes in the yard, and keep some as well. That way some of him can stay in the place he knew and loved, and some of him can come with you wherever you go.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest.  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 am
Rascal was cremated. I have ordered a pendant which holds a small amount of ashes and a glass heart wich will contain a small amount of ashes. So no matter what I choose to do with the rest of the ashes I will always carry him with me.

I suppose I could pour the ashes into the grave. It's already been dug and dad has ordered a piece of granite that we will engrave. However we also picked up a beautiful box and added an engraved plaque to it. My original plan was to bury the bulk of the ashes in this box, along with his favorite toy. This way if/when the house is sold, we can dig it up and rebury it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:52 pm
I'm starting to lean towards the pouring the ashes in the grave. I'll still have a marked grave to visit and give me comfort, but won't have to worry about anyone digging him up for wtv reason. This actually happened to my last cat, about 8 years after he was buried there was construction on my street and they were replacing water lines or something. The grave was disturbed and I actually saw a bone and his blanket. That same week we moved out and even though so much time had passed and he died when I was very young, it was pretty painful leaving him behind. Since I will have a small amount of ashes to take with me no matter what, then I think I can handle leaving the rest behind especially knowing if the grave is disturbed, the ashes will just scatter.

Think I may sleep on it another night. In the meantime his ashes are lying in the beautiful keepsake box which sits on his favorite bed by my window.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 pm
slept on it several nights in a row and still feel that it's the best way to go. Only, sort of waiting till the whole family is available to bury him. Which wont be for a few more days. Which isn't much of an issue as his ashes are still in the box on his cat post, along with picture, hair clipping etc  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:38 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
I'm starting to lean towards the pouring the ashes in the grave. I'll still have a marked grave to visit and give me comfort, but won't have to worry about anyone digging him up for wtv reason. This actually happened to my last cat, about 8 years after he was buried there was construction on my street and they were replacing water lines or something. The grave was disturbed and I actually saw a bone and his blanket. That same week we moved out and even though so much time had passed and he died when I was very young, it was pretty painful leaving him behind. Since I will have a small amount of ashes to take with me no matter what, then I think I can handle leaving the rest behind especially knowing if the grave is disturbed, the ashes will just scatter.

Think I may sleep on it another night. In the meantime his ashes are lying in the beautiful keepsake box which sits on his favorite bed by my window.

the same thing happened to me and one of my first "pocket pets", the city was doing some work in our yard and dug her up and just left her out. i wasnt as attached to her as you probably were to your cat but it still hurt to see

im so so sorry  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:09 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
slept on it several nights in a row and still feel that it's the best way to go. Only, sort of waiting till the whole family is available to bury him. Which wont be for a few more days. Which isn't much of an issue as his ashes are still in the box on his cat post, along with picture, hair clipping etc
I wish more owners put as much thought into this as you have. Some are content to let the vet have the remains and that's that. The thought of it bothers me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:35 am
Most of the pets we've ever had throughout my life have all been buried in our backyards at the time. Unfortunately, City ordinances don't approve of [animal] burials on personal properties in my area, so their graves are unmarked for the most part. Though the various goldfish we've had over the years were all "buried at sea", so to speak, as it seemed fitting for their purpose. neutral  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 pm
I guess I will be moving this into rainbow bridge now. I've started to allow myself to move and give away certain things. The bags of low phos grain free food I had gotten for him to keep his kidney levels good I gave to my friend along with the half empty bottle of plaque off. The litter box which, needed to be retired, I donated to a local rescue along with the half empty bag of litter. The rehmania 8 herbs for his kidneys went to my boss's foster dog. I've kept his bowls but put them away. His ball track, scratch posts and water system are all right where they belong.

Today I had my first meltdown since the day he died when I had the huge meltdown. I had taken off the necklace with his ashes and worn a perl necklace to my friend's wedding last night. This morning, I guess maybe it was a sad scene in the series I've been watching that started it. Got me thinking about Rascal, and I started crying, and, I NEEDED his necklace back on. But the stupid pearl necklace was really complicated and difficult to take off. So I tore it off... sad my grandmother's pear necklace and I broke it cause I didn't know how to take it off and I couldn't wait. Yea, I'd say I was pretty histerical.  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff