Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for fans of mass effect. We focus mainly on discussion, but roleplaying is also good. 

Tags: mass, effect, citadel, shepard, sci fi 

Reply The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild
Today I Met Gavin Dunne!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soren_alenko

Crew

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 pm
So, while in NYC, Gav (aka Miracle of Sound) wanted to do a met up with fans. So, seeing as I was one of the only people on Twitter that he knew was from New York, asked for places to do a meet-up. He gave me a location to look for a place to do this meet up, and since I wasn't readily familiar with the area, I just went to Google and looked up a burger place.

He found the idea sound (probably because he had no idea about what else to do either), he agreed to it and told his followers to meet up at the burger place I looked up. So, time comes to go, and I get there first (presumably, no one else made themselves known to me). After about 20 minutes of waiting, Mr. Dunne and his girlfriend show up (they quite literally walked right past me). But, being the bit of a b***h I am, I decided to wait a little more, to see if they can guess if I was there waiting for them or not. They didn't, so I walked up to him and said "Mr. Dunne, you look as if you're confused."
He replied "You must be Soren Alenko."
"Indeed."

He went on to say that he thought that I might be one of the people meeting up since he saw me look over to him and his girlfriend, but wasn't sure since I didn't approach them (tee-hee). We wait a bit to see if anyone else would show up, but since there wasn't any wi-fi where we were (he wanted to check his Twitter to see if anyone else was coming), I pointed out that he could duck into either McDonald's or Starbucks across the street since they usually have free wi-fi.
We ended up going into the Starbucks and got drinks (his girlfriend was nice enough to get me one as well).

We talked a bit about Comic Con, the Dark Knight Rises (which they were going to see later), The Avengers, Up (which we all thought while a good film was horribly depressing), and the like. After a bit, it looked like no one else was going to show up, so we wandered off for somewhere to eat (the burger place was overcrowded). After a bit, we went into a pizza place, and they had their first real slice of pizza (which they loved and were amazed at how good it was). We talked more about the city itself, New Yorker's accents (to which he said was very unique, not funny sounding, and that we had a unique way of pronouncing 'New York' [which basically according to him boils down to everyone else puts emphasis on the 'O' while New Yorkers put more emphasis on the 'Y' if I remember right]), movies set in/filmed in New York, the World Trade Center (which they said they weren't going to visit since it's very depressing), Wall Street (which they said they were going to visit since as he put it 'so many shootouts in video games take place there, so it'd be interesting to see in real life'), why the older buildings have pointy tops, and the like.

Afterwords, we headed out and wandered about. They seemed to think that the garbage was particularly foul smelling, how Irish Pubs here are much louder and feature less old men falling over drunk, and they simply loved how tall the building were and how bright Times Square is. Eventually, we end up at the Times Square subway station, gave well wishes, and we part ways. Not before we took a picture and he gave me a bitchin' CD!:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TLDR: Yay me, Gav is awesome!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:37 am
You know it is times like these I regret living in Northern Oregon for I'm in no way going to get to do stuff like this without some major saving up of cash. You madame are indeed lucky.  

khkhjkh

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Consumer 100

Everythingmasseffect

Partying Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:20 pm
johnel lance
You know it is times like these I regret living in Northern Oregon for I'm in no way going to get to do stuff like this without some major saving up of cash. You madame are indeed lucky.
I hear you. Nothing much exciting here. Bleh. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:48 am
johnel lance

Thanks. Although I'm afraid that I bored the s**t out of the two of them. (the other meet-up he did with fans yesterday he did at a Brooklyn Dr. Who themed bar with a few people) sweatdrop  

soren_alenko

Crew

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

[.Silvr-Moon.]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 am
Ah, that's so amazing! I would have totally went if I knew he was doing a meet-up with his fans! I live in NYC, so it would have been perfect! :3
I'm glad to see you had a lovely time! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:10 pm
[.Silvr-Moon.]
Ah, that's so amazing! I would have totally went if I knew he was doing a meet-up with his fans! I live in NYC, so it would have been perfect! :3
I'm glad to see you had a lovely time! biggrin

Three words my dear: Twitter, Twitter, Twitter. (you can follow him here!)

And thanks. You wouldn't believe how pleasing it is to hear the pair of them talk. xp  

soren_alenko

Crew

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:29 am
Living in England means we miss out on everything ...

No that's not an exaggeration, Ali harris WAS going to go to the Expo but cancelled (A shame because I would have gone just to meet her!).  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:25 am
soren_alenko
johnel lance

Thanks. Although I'm afraid that I bored the s**t out of the two of them. (the other meet-up he did with fans yesterday he did at a Brooklyn Dr. Who themed bar with a few people) sweatdrop

A Dr. Who themed bar.....now I really wished I lived in a big city.  

khkhjkh

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Consumer 100
The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items