Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
Why are the main boards filled with so much negativity?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grudgehammer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:10 am
I've been a registered user since '03 (I remember "Go-Gaia" =P), I took a break from '07 to '09, and began posting casually since 2010.

Why do I see users trolling other users? Why do I keep seeing people getting flamed at random? Maybe it's me who just happens to find the negative posts.

This is a forum community. Sure, we may disagree with each other, but disagreements shouldn't lead to negativity.

It's not like I'm new to the internet. I've been on smaller forums, but then again, Gaia is much different than the usual forum.

I am not trying to pimp my thread here, I just wanted to show you all something and that something are trolls within it: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaming-discussion/the-pc-gaming-thread-welcome-d/t.78738219/

I know not to feed the trolls, but I always feel the need to speak with aggressive posters in PMs or directly in the thread. Every time I do, it results in them calling me dumb and not giving a real reason for it.

But why? This is why I love smaller forums with tightly knit communities (not that I hate Gaia). Why instigate when you can promote community and friendliness.

Opinions please.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:34 am
Here is my opinion on this issue.

For the majority of things here, you are dealing with KIDS…teens to be specific. Now, not ALL teens are complete monsters. But I've seen my fair share of them live and in person.

Just take a peek at this: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/22/us/new-york-bus-monitor-reaction/index.html

Its a horrible trend and wide spread epidemic. This particular forum (meaning Gaia) is anonymous and kids can hide behind the iron curtain free to run-a-muk having no consequences or accountability.  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:45 am
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:24 pm
Same here. i got out there and got on to chatter box to see if i could find other role players and people to converse with that were like minded and such but oh my god the evil that spews out these kids keyboards is redonkulious. the N word just tossed around racial slurs every were self haters and just plain ole haters out there ther was no calm discussion just F-dat And N-word that . i'm starting to think that teens are a new generation of hatemongers.  

BatGirlJinx85

Dangerous Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Gaian 50

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 pm
Unfortunately I kinda have to agree with BatGirl on that last note about kids these days being more hateful. There's a lot of factors that could go to the reasons behind that.

-Lack of discipline
-Environment being raised in
-Trying to be cool by being a bully

The list can go on and on. Its one of the main reasons I don't bother with hanging around Towns or most of the Main forums unless I'm looking for something specific. Makes me all the more thankful I found this guild else I would have quiet gaia a long time ago out of boredom.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:07 pm
Liada Trovaras

The list can go on and on. Its one of the main reasons I don't bother with hanging around Towns or most of the Main forums unless I'm looking for something specific. Makes me all the more thankful I found this guild else I would have quiet gaia a long time ago out of boredom.

+1  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:43 pm
Everything in this thread is reasonable.

I'd like to add that I think it's like a trend online along with the whole being able to be an anonymous "tough guy". I suppose it depends on the context.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 am
I forgot about this thread.

Ty to those that gave content.  

Grudgehammer

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:09 pm
In 03-04 there was a true general discussion or GD and there was Chatterbox or CB ~ a few years later as Gaia grew, the GD turned in to the CB as I don't think Gaia had enough mods to resolve the situation. Since then, they've given up.

Unfortunately, the Extended Discussion or ED has always been filled with know-it-alls who merely want to argue for arguments sake and have no interest in hearing other viewpoints...

Even the Exchange isn't fun anymore ~ Bratty sticks to her Guildies now as I come here to relax, not get irritated and annoyed. 3nodding  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games