Submit

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:58 am
Nothing with any animal is going to work overnight. It will take lots of repetition and patience until they learn something new.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:09 am
Both of my cats stay inside. I'm not judging people who keep their pets outside okay?

My female cat has diabetes, arthritis and separation anxiety. She was recently diagnosed as being very borderline at developing kidney failure. She also came from a rescue that specifically only takes in kitties that are abandoned or abused.

My male cat was taken in by the same group as a kitten, which meant that he was most likely born in a feral colony. Sacramento allows rescue groups to feed feral colonies so long as they trap, spay/neuter & release the adults but keep any kittens that are found. These kittens are then bottle fed, raised by people and adopted out once they are old enough to be spayed/neutered. He's an exceptionally good kitty but like any kitty that was raised by people, he completely lacks all survival skills for life outside.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Crystal Ice23

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:17 pm
Kithy Kitty
PeanutButterGirl23
Hey, i tried to take Choncho for a walk last night but he kept on pulling and pulling so i traded for Molly. D= Today, my mom said he almost got ran over by a car. Things aren't doing so great with him. ):
What kind of leash do you have him on? A retractable one or just a plain old leash?

Honestly, I gotta keep suggesting training from a professional. They have tons of ideas and can work with you and your dog in person whereas we can only advice, not really show you exactly what to do.

A plain old leash. My parents don't have that kinda money.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Sachie Whitby
Both of my cats stay inside. I'm not judging people who keep their pets outside okay?

My female cat has diabetes, arthritis and separation anxiety. She was recently diagnosed as being very borderline at developing kidney failure. She also came from a rescue that specifically only takes in kitties that are abandoned or abused.

My male cat was taken in by the same group as a kitten, which meant that he was most likely born in a feral colony. Sacramento allows rescue groups to feed feral colonies so long as they trap, spay/neuter & release the adults but keep any kittens that are found. These kittens are then bottle fed, raised by people and adopted out once they are old enough to be spayed/neutered. He's an exceptionally good kitty but like any kitty that was raised by people, he completely lacks all survival skills for life outside.

I didn't say you were..  

Crystal Ice23

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:10 pm
PeanutButterGirl23
Kithy Kitty
PeanutButterGirl23
Hey, i tried to take Choncho for a walk last night but he kept on pulling and pulling so i traded for Molly. D= Today, my mom said he almost got ran over by a car. Things aren't doing so great with him. ):
What kind of leash do you have him on? A retractable one or just a plain old leash?

Honestly, I gotta keep suggesting training from a professional. They have tons of ideas and can work with you and your dog in person whereas we can only advice, not really show you exactly what to do.

A plain old leash. My parents don't have that kinda money.
A harness will give you more control, if you aren't using one.

Professional training isn't too expensive really. I think my classes for Nanaki were just over $100 for six weeks. His behavior improved a bit but he needs more, I've just been busy.

Just put some money aside for classes in a "doggie school fund".  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff