Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
What do you do to help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystal Ice23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:13 pm
What do you do to help homeless animals, pound animals, and you're own? Donate money, adopt a bunch, anything! Share, share, share!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:17 pm
I thought i'd post first sense i made this forum. ^.^ Im ashamed of this but i really don't help a lot. I just want to be a Veterinarian when i'm older. Well, i have 4 dogs and 1 fish.. i guess that counts as adopting a lot? One of my best friends recently had a birthday and instead of presents, she asked us to bring money to donate for the Humane Society.  

Crystal Ice23

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:08 pm
I don't do much either, I'm pretty most of the time. But when I go to pet stores that ask for donations or my vet I always donate at least $5 every time :X It's not much but I figure it adds up.

The best thing anyone can do is to not purchase any animals from any kind of "mill". That's the greatest thing we can do.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:11 am
My cat Kyo, a Siamese mix, is a [Hurricane] Katrina pet from Louisanna. Back in the fall of 2005, when the local news announced that our humane society would be taking in some of the rescue animals, I felt a great need to foster one of them. After passing the fostering requirements, we looked over the cats and originally picked out a small black female cat. But she turned out to be too skittish, threw a hissy fit and wouldn't come out of her cage. Walking back amongst all the cages, some red glowing eyes caught my attention. When I stopped to take a second look at this particular cat, he rubbed up against the cage, stuck his paw out and won me over. Two months later, we were allowed to adopt him. He has been the best cat I have ever had. 4laugh

My cat Smokey, a dark, tortoise shell Calico, used to be my uncle's cat. After he died in 2008, we decided to take her in, therefore she's also a rescue pet in a sense. She is our greeter and meets everyone at the door every time we come home or someone comes over. She is the instigator, is not very affectionate and can tolerate only just so much attention, but she's a great mouser and therefore earns her keep.
3nodding  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:13 am
i keep meaning to have stowrm make paintings for me to donate to the local spca where i got her for them to sell or do whatever with. i just need to figure out a good way to do it without making a huge mess.

if they decide those dont sell well then i guess i can just paint a few cats and donate those. ive seen them accept animal paintings from other local art people  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:19 am
Kithy Kitty
I don't do much either, I'm pretty most of the time. But when I go to pet stores that ask for donations or my vet I always donate at least $5 every time :X It's not much but I figure it adds up.

The best thing anyone can do is to not purchase any animals from any kind of "mill". That's the greatest thing we can do.

Well, every little bit counts. =3  

Crystal Ice23

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:26 am
I used to be one of the sanctuary cleaners for Happy Tails, but my own allergies [that includes cats] is making this impossible. I also attend some of their charity events. My family regularly donates to Happy Tails, ARF and the Sacramento SPCA.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games