Not sure how many of you read or write fan fictions, or even how many of you read or post on fanfiction.net, but if you do then I'm sure you've heard of a group calling themselves "Critic United". They have been going around the ff.n archives like gestapo actively searching for stories to bash, flame and harass the authors. I'm not talking about harsh criticism. There is nothing constructive about the things these people are saying to these authors.

Here are just a few examples of what I'm talking about:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

These kinds of comments are hurtful and ABUSIVE! Also, what these people fail to grasp is that most of the active authors on ff.n are very young. Teens and pre-teens. And are not emotionally mature or secure enough to cope with the kind of verbal abuse CU is dishing out. I would not be surprised if we hear a story on the news in the near future about a teenager committing suicide over this. (Remember the MySpace and Facebook deaths over cyber-bullying?) And then, when that does happen, FanFiction.Net will be the one to get the blame for their lack of moderation and their incompetence.

Please sign the petition to force FanFiction.Net to do something to stop or at the very least disband this group!

"Stop Cyber-Bullying on FanFiction.Net"