Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D Next Playtest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:11 pm
Who else has joined the playtest? Have you palyed through Caves of Chaos yet? What do you think of the new rules, the classes, races, backgrounds, and themes?

Personally haven't played, but I am loving the look of the equipment list, and the skill-free system reminds me of 2nd ed. The advantage mechanics seem super-cool.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:57 pm
My local group played through it Saturday. I had hoped to attend (having been the first Sat I haven't had to work since Aug) but ended up having to take care of my sick mother. From the discussion on our forum boards, it went over exceedingly well, and we're looking to play again next month in hopes more ppl can attend. We had a low count since Forge-con was going on at the same time & our local RP store had a lot of activities going on there.  

cln4evr

Shameless Lunatic

9,475 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:19 pm
currently looking it over, will come back on my thoughts  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:43 pm
Mike Mearls sums up a lot of the high points of the playtest and what they've learned through feedback so far.
http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ll/20120528#80466  

Arc Vembris
Crew

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas