Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
How will you deal with new "fangirls" brought by the movie?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mintiswirl

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:26 am
With the City of Bones movie being shot and with its awesomeness, I was wondering how I would deal with new "fangirls" who will watch the movie. With Team Simon or Team Jace (when we all know it's Jace) and all the little 12 year-olds screaming about a movie we've been eagerly waiting for, I don't know how I'll cope without beating someone mad
What about the rest of us real fans?  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:51 am
User ImageUser Image
I don't know if I could take it...
First off, I'd tell them not to have all those ridiculous "Teams." It's a love triangle, not a soccer match. I guess I'd be like, PSHHH I KNEW ALL ABOUT THIS CHIZ BEFORE ALL YALL. And also, 12 year olds should NOT be reading these series... o.e OH GOSH. I CAN'T WAIT BUT I'M ALSO SCARED THE MOVIE WILL GET TWI-FCUKED. ><

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:33 am
I agree with azn. Using my mystical gay powers i forsee that we will all be bent over and effed just like the original twilight fans, god rest there poor, sjparkly souls.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
It'll be different this time! We won't let the crazy fangirls start those teams and all that other junk they started with Twilight. TMI is just too good for those. ♥

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:06 pm
i agree!!! we must do the logical thing! create a militia~!!!!==]]=  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:43 pm
To be honest, they will fangirl.

They'll see the movie, then once they find in the end of CoB that Jace and Clary are "related". It'll turn off a lot of little fan girls.

Besides, Jace is so badass he doesn't need to fight with a TEAM. >>

Although, the new book kind of ruined the series for me. So.. I'm not sure I'll see the movie.  

0odle

mintiswirl

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:55 pm
0odle

They'll see the movie, then once they find in the end of CoB that Jace and Clary are "related". It'll turn off a lot of little fan girls.

Although, the new book kind of ruined the series for me. So.. I'm not sure I'll see the movie.

Oh yeah, a lotta girls don't like incest, then we'll have it all to ourselves twisted
You didn't CoLs, why?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 am
I thought about that a couple months ago, around the time the filming date was anounced, and ranted to my friend about it. She told me to suck it up, people are gonna screw it all up for the rest of us, we'll just have to deal. I say we commandeer all the opening night showings for die hard fans only! I don't want some tween squee-ing in my ear about Jace when I'm trying to enjoy the movie based off the book I've loved for years. But yes, hopefully the 'incest' will scare them off twisted  

netherfreak
Captain

mintiswirl

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:50 pm
netherfreak
I thought about that a couple months ago, around the time the filming date was anounced, and ranted to my friend about it. She told me to suck it up, people are gonna screw it all up for the rest of us, we'll just have to deal. I say we commandeer all the opening night showings for die hard fans only! I don't want some tween squee-ing in my ear about Jace when I'm trying to enjoy the movie based off the book I've loved for years. But yes, hopefully the 'incest' will scare them off twisted

Your friend sounds awesome  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 am
mintiswirl
0odle

Oh yeah, a lotta girls don't like incest, then we'll have it all to ourselves twisted
You didn't CoLs, why?

This post contains spoilers, so please just highlight it to read. I don't want to ruin the story for anyone else. It's just my opinion. ><

In the beginning it was too much like Twilight for me. The girl obsessing over the boy, not sure where he went off too. Yadda yadda. Too much sex. Like, I'm fine with it once in a while, but it seemed like every chapter one of the couples were getting jiggy with it. Also, I like couples, yes. But having them all have a special someone just puts the fun out of things I think.

Also, Sebastian said that Clary and Jace had sex? I'm not even sure what page that's on, because I surely don't remember reading that. I love the Jace/Clary couple so I would think I would have remembered that.

Also, I understand that Jace was joined with Sebastian, so he was acting different. WE GET IT. Seemed like every time Clary touched Jace.. " This isn't him, but it feels like him, oh how I miss HIM." Just annoyed me. ><

Also, since when does Clary know how to fight so bad a**? She had like a month of training then CoFA took off. I know if I was as bad of a fighter as Clary, it would have taken me A LOT longer than that to become better than Jace in a fight. (referencing the scene when they gave the Iron Sister the angelic stone. Can't be annoyed with the name of the stone at the moment.)

I know due to Jace joined with Sebastian that he wouldn't be himself. But the way he was so... I don't know... I just didn't like the way he presented himself at all. It was like Edward all over again. "I love you so much I'd die for you, let's go do the shabangbang right now, I need you to hold my purse while I fight, etc." ><

Sorry, I ranted but, that's just how I feel about CoLS.

If anything, the story made me like Sebastian the best.

0odle

mintiswirl

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:57 pm
0odle
mintiswirl
0odle

You didn't CoLs, why?

This post contains spoilers, so please just highlight it to read. I don't want to ruin the story for anyone else. It's just my opinion. ><

In the beginning it was too much like Twilight for me. The girl obsessing over the boy, not sure where he went off too. Yadda yadda. Too much sex. Like, I'm fine with it once in a while, but it seemed like every chapter one of the couples were getting jiggy with it. Also, I like couples, yes. But having them all have a special someone just puts the fun out of things I think.

Also, Sebastian said that Clary and Jace had sex? I'm not even sure what page that's on, because I surely don't remember reading that. I love the Jace/Clary couple so I would think I would have remembered that.

Also, I understand that Jace was joined with Sebastian, so he was acting different. WE GET IT. Seemed like every time Clary touched Jace.. " This isn't him, but it feels like him, oh how I miss HIM." Just annoyed me. ><

Also, since when does Clary know how to fight so bad a**? She had like a month of training then CoFA took off. I know if I was as bad of a fighter as Clary, it would have taken me A LOT longer than that to become better than Jace in a fight. (referencing the scene when they gave the Iron Sister the angelic stone. Can't be annoyed with the name of the stone at the moment.)

I know due to Jace joined with Sebastian that he wouldn't be himself. But the way he was so... I don't know... I just didn't like the way he presented himself at all. It was like Edward all over again. "I love you so much I'd die for you, let's go do the shabangbang right now, I need you to hold my purse while I fight, etc." ><

I didn't think they were that sexual, but yeah it was kinda uncomfortable. Although, Jace and Edward are completely different in my opinion. but hey, not everyone likes everything  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:32 am
mintiswirl
0odle
mintiswirl
0odle

You didn't CoLs, why?

I didn't think they were that sexual, but yeah it was kinda uncomfortable. Although, Jace and Edward are completely different in my opinion. but hey, not everyone likes everything

I see where you're coming from, but you kind of have to take it out of context to draw the parallels between Twilight and CoLS. I'll explain in white like you to explain so highlight to read as well (that's an awesome idea btw, I always feel bad ranting when some people might not have read it yet)

When Clary's wondering where Jace is, it's worry, not insecurity. I'd be freaking out to if my boyfriend disappeared off the top of a building.

Also, I have no clue when Jace and Clary supposedly have sex. That confused the hell out of me too.

Clary is very repeatitive, it's something I've learned to live with. I'm not saying I like her for it (she's probably my least favorite character in the book) but it's expected now.

As far as Clary's fighting skills are concerned, we've never really gotten a chance to see her actually fight since she started her training. It was different, not just 'ok, time to kill a demon', it was never that simple, so I kind of understood how Clare portrayed Clary like that when fighting.

And lastly, I like how she wrote Jace 'possessed'. I don't think he was Edward-y at all. Sebastian was trying to manipulate her and make her doubt herself and he knew the best way to do that was through her love for Jace.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I disagree with some stuff, as you can see above.  

netherfreak
Captain

Mortal Instruments Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces