Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
Wait on the Lord

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DustQueen

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

►►God gave me a new definition of "Waiting on the Lord" today through Abraham.

Genesis 18 says that Abraham went to a place where he had seen God before, and pitched a tent! Talk about actually being serious about Waiting on the Lord and having faith that he would come and provide answers!

We, as Christians and humans, constantly want the answer right now! And if we don't get it, we move on, instead of waiting. What if we went to a place where God had spoken to us/changed our heart before, sat down, pitched a tent (so to speak) and expectantly waited for the Lord to come and speak with us again.

Thoughts? Comments? Anyone want to expand on that concept with other scripture?◄◄

[I know what Im doing. I have it all planned outplans to take care of you, not abandon you,
plans to give you the future you hope for.]
-Jeremiah 29:11

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:26 am
man that verse is catchy!! I have heard that verse for a while now, and it's on the back wall of the church.

But besides that comment, that verse is true, isn't it? Another aspect of waiting is in that verse.

It's like we want everything, and I want it now kind of thing. But God does have a plan for us. All we need is to hear God's Call, but in order to do that is not just communicating with Him, but just sitting still and wait.  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
Inspiration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items