Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Tattoo's and the Christian view Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daughter of Xion

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:23 pm
The only verse that talks about no tattoos is in the old testament, something that no longer binds us. The old testament was used for our learning, not to make the same mistakes the Israelites did, and to help us learn more about God and the Patriarchs. We aren't bound by the 10 commandments anymore, but they are still good rules to live by.

Personally, I would not get a tattoo, but not because of my religious standing. I just don't have anything worth putting on my body for the rest of my life.

However, I will pose this question to you. Does a tattoo make you look more like a Christian, or more like the world?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:52 pm
BillieAnneDestiny
The only verse that talks about no tattoos is in the old testament, something that no longer binds us. The old testament was used for our learning, not to make the same mistakes the Israelites did, and to help us learn more about God and the Patriarchs. We aren't bound by the 10 commandments anymore, but they are still good rules to live by.

Personally, I would not get a tattoo, but not because of my religious standing. I just don't have anything worth putting on my body for the rest of my life.

However, I will pose this question to you. Does a tattoo make you look more like a Christian, or more like the world?

it is true that the old testaments are not so ....um...used now adays....but they still hold strong in some pretty basic stuff
no killing
no stealing
no worshiping any Gods but the one true God
etc....

I for a long time wanted to get a tattoo of biblical poetry.....but in the end...I feel that God gave me this body...and it is fine how it is ^_^ there is nothing wrong with being just as God made us....
though I do like the idea of marking my skin to show others that I belong to God  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers