Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
a few little suggestions... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:06 am
I didn't think OP was going to reply! That just means this is a persistent troll, but a troll none the less. I was going to post another angry response, but then I saw his reply where he ignored all the points everyone else had made and was just pathetically trying to validate his first post.

It's clear that not only was he rude about it, but no one here thought his ideas were actually any good. Kind of a shame, even if he was a d**k about it, I'd probably like the thread if he actually posted a good suggestion to clean up the guild. I mean I don't see any problems with it, but it could have been something I hadn't noticed due to familiarity. Oh well. Live and let live. He doesn't like the way this guild is set up? I'm sure no one's going to miss him. There are other D&D guilds on this site, maybe even a couple with the shitty organization that he'd just fall in love with.

Either way, troll is troll, and I didn't see an apology anywhere in his last reply. In short:

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 am
Mongooseh
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

^Author of this thread.

Ok, gooseh, NOW this pic is applicable.

edit: also, this:

Chieftain Twilight

4.) joe, I've been Dungeon Mastering for 12 and a half years now, and playing for 14 and a half years. I've also entered into dozens of other tabletop games, RPGs, LARPs, the SCA, MTG, Pokemon, Munchkins, World of Darkness and other White Wolf games, D20 Modern, Dragonstar, you name it. I'm familar with 1st edition, 2nd edition, AD&D 2nd edition Advanced, 3rd edition, 3.5 edition, Pathfinder, 4th edition and am awaiting 5th edition. I can create a ready-to-play 30th level character of damn near every class in the core books and a shelf-full of supplements and campaign settings in under half an hour by sheer memory alone complete with backstory, personality, age, hight/weight, appearance, followers and cohorts, family members and custom items. I know this game, it's my lifestyle.

Reads like you just went out and looked up all the different RPG's out there.

And while maybe, maybe, maaaaaaybe you could be telling the truth on that, I'm calling complete and utter bullshit on the bolded part. There are hundreds of powers per class, and even if you were just using the same powers over and over again for each class (ie, you make the exact same lvl 30 warlock whenever you make a warlock), just for the core rulebook, that would be exactly 200 powers for lvl 30 chars (you gain 25 powers from lvls 1-30, and there are 8 core classes). You mean to tell me, you can remember the exact wording on 200 different paragraphs? *slow clap* then you, my good sir, are not human, or have a severe mental illness that allows you to be capable of such a feat.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:17 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm
Chieftain Twilight
well, I'm going to address a few issues in order.

1.) I've participated in and operated NUMEROUS guilds which function with the few neatly organized subforums I've mentioned, and it works WONDERS compare to this. it's actually VERY simple to follow. especially since many games become redunandt or simply die off, and it's far easier to let them be lost to the backpages or be deleted than to have a whole dead subforum waiting their (or deleted, wasting 2k gold). realy, it works, it's marvelous, and it is tody and neat. you'll find everything way faster.

2.) I've actually been a member of this guild for at least a year or two, possibly longer. I've been a little inactive since the last time I was here there was litterally NOTHING of interest, and I thought I'd pop in and see if I could get some thoughts on some ideas of mine, and maybe probe peoples' brains for other ideas... and I couldn't find my way in this mess.

3.) the world isn't fair, and I don't care if he is or isn't. ^_^ after all, I didn't pull any punches. go right ahead, sir.

4.) joe, I've been Dungeon Mastering for 12 and a half years now, and playing for 14 and a half years. I've also entered into dozens of other tabletop games, RPGs, LARPs, the SCA, MTG, Pokemon, Munchkins, World of Darkness and other White Wolf games, D20 Modern, Dragonstar, you name it. I'm familar with 1st edition, 2nd edition, AD&D 2nd edition Advanced, 3rd edition, 3.5 edition, Pathfinder, 4th edition and am awaiting 5th edition. I can create a ready-to-play 30th level character of damn near every class in the core books and a shelf-full of supplements and campaign settings in under half an hour by sheer memory alone complete with backstory, personality, age, hight/weight, appearance, followers and cohorts, family members and custom items. I know this game, it's my lifestyle.

5.) if it isn't a member's place to point out that something is a complete mess, than who's is it? management itself, the people who designed it that way? your the boss, you don't HAVE to listen to me. but I see no reason to sugar coat it. confused I would feel even more insulted if someone gave me the "no offense, wouldn't change a thing, but..." argument. I'm blunt about it. and you don't have to like it. kick me out if you please, my suggesstion clearly has no backup.

but might I add, I actually AM surprised you folks even noticed this here. maybe this system realy DOES work for you... I still can't understand it for the life of me.
None of these points relate to the matter at hand: that you were an a** about how you presented your opinion, and that the guild is or isn't tidy, or whatever.

I have no idea how you got lost on this guild. I haven't, and I'm a moron. What does that say of you?

There's subforums, and the titles of those subforums tell you enough to let you guess what it's about. One campaign needs multiple threads: OOC, Dicerolling, IC, etc. Mashing all of those in the main forum WOULD be a ********, and would be worse than what it is right now. As it stands, threads of specific campaigns are neatly jammed in subforums, so you don't have to go fishing on Page 2 or 3 for that one thread from X campaign.

The other thing is, gold is superficial. 2,000 gold is made in little time, plus the members of the guild can simply donate, and I'm pretty sure this guild has a shitton of gold in it's vaults. Spending 2,000 gold so that a DM has a nice little subforum for himself to do with it as he pleases is a good deal, IMO.

And you've yet to even give suggestions as to how the Mods of the guild could actually 'improve' this 'mess' you keep yammering on about. What you did wasn't constructive criticism, it was flat-out bitching about nothing. That either makes you an idiot or a troll, or both. I don't sugarcoat s**t either, but there's a different between being blunt and being insulting with your approach.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:51 pm
Oi, gold.

I miss the days where 2k gold meant something.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 pm
Virulent Lover
Oi, gold.

I miss the days when sealed letters were 5k D:  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:13 pm
Virulent Lover
Oi, gold.

Ahhh man...

I remember when I first joined in 04, I reeeeeeeally wanted a Dark Cape, but it was 15K, at the time an unachievable amount. Now I can buy like 15 of them just with the gold I've got on at the moment.

You know what, I've STILL never bought one. ******** it I'm going to get one now! Make my childhood dreams come true. lol

As for OP: Troll is being a troll. Can we just pretend he doesn't exist now?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm
joe-dude667
Virulent Lover
Oi, gold.

Ahhh man...

I remember when I first joined in 04, I reeeeeeeally wanted a Dark Cape, but it was 15K, at the time an unachievable amount. Now I can buy like 15 of them just with the gold I've got on at the moment.

You know what, I've STILL never bought one. ******** it I'm going to get one now! Make my childhood dreams come true. lol

As for OP: Troll is being a troll. Can we just pretend he doesn't exist now?
But he DOESN'T exist. He was a figment of your imagination, your will made corporeal by higher forces.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm
Mongooseh

I like you. realy, that's not sarcasm.

alright, I see your point. you're right, what I said was uncalled for. to be honest, I'm actually not sorry, and I do find this reaction to be mor ethan mildly amusing.

I'm not trying to be a troll, I promise.

the way I see it, this was a serious culture shock for the both sides. I don't understand this system, it makes no sense to me at all. even your explanation seems just as backwards to me as mine seems to you folks. but I can see that what I'm describing to you comes across as complete rediculousness.

so I'll let it be.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:47 pm
joe-dude667

yup, I think I did just troll. not entirely on purpose, though can't rightly say it wasn't on purpose.

and you are right, I'm not sorry.

also, there are plenty of guilds with the setup I described.

KytanaTheThief
There are hundreds of powers per class, and even if you were just using the same powers over and over again for each class (ie, you make the exact same lvl 30 warlock whenever you make a warlock), just for the core rulebook, that would be exactly 200 powers for lvl 30 chars (you gain 25 powers from lvls 1-30, and there are 8 core classes). You mean to tell me, you can remember the exact wording on 200 different paragraphs? *slow clap* then you, my good sir, are not human, or have a severe mental illness that allows you to be capable of such a feat.

you sound like a 4th edition gamer. I play 3rd edition and 3.5 edition.

Keith Valken Lionheart
None of these points relate to the matter at hand: that you were an a** about how you presented your opinion, and that the guild is or isn't tidy, or whatever.

I have no idea how you got lost on this guild. I haven't, and I'm a moron. What does that say of you?

There's subforums, and the titles of those subforums tell you enough to let you guess what it's about. One campaign needs multiple threads: OOC, Dicerolling, IC, etc. Mashing all of those in the main forum WOULD be a ********, and would be worse than what it is right now. As it stands, threads of specific campaigns are neatly jammed in subforums, so you don't have to go fishing on Page 2 or 3 for that one thread from X campaign.

The other thing is, gold is superficial. 2,000 gold is made in little time, plus the members of the guild can simply donate, and I'm pretty sure this guild has a shitton of gold in it's vaults. Spending 2,000 gold so that a DM has a nice little subforum for himself to do with it as he pleases is a good deal, IMO.

And you've yet to even give suggestions as to how the Mods of the guild could actually 'improve' this 'mess' you keep yammering on about. What you did wasn't constructive criticism, it was flat-out bitching about nothing. That either makes you an idiot or a troll, or both. I don't sugarcoat s**t either, but there's a different between being blunt and being insulting with your approach.

yes, you are right; I was rude. and I shouldn't have been. I'm still not sorry, I'm never sorry for saying something I meant, and to be honest I find this WAY too funny to be sorry about it now. I'm probably being an even bigger jerk for that.

and yes, gold is quick to make, even a broke gaian like me could make 3 times that much in a day. I just still see the expenditure of something that'll be so shortlived as a waste though.

now, to dissapear into the recesses of some poor child's nightmarish imagination!

ninja :poof.:  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:53 pm
Actually, while yes, I am now primarily a 4.0 player, I was introduced through 3.5. However, you said "30th level", which isn't included in the core set of 3.0 or 3.5. So I assumed you were speaking of 4.0, which does have 30th written.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:25 pm
when someone says, they can create such a high level character.... from memory, I don't doubt it is possible to remember that much data... my question... what are they doing with the rest of their life?

While doing that is interesting and all... it will not help you one bit in the real world... you know the one that happens when you step away from the dice and table.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:20 am
frog_mage
when someone says, they can create such a high level character.... from memory, I don't doubt it is possible to remember that much data... my question... what are they doing with the rest of their life?

While doing that is interesting and all... it will not help you one bit in the real world... you know the one that happens when you step away from the dice and table.
He's a neckbeard, it's ingrained in their DNA to learn useless s**t so they can rules law campaigns and wreck 'em with their bullshit.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:23 am
Keith Valken Lionheart

yes, you are right; I was rude. and I shouldn't have been. I'm still not sorry, I'm never sorry for saying something I meant, and to be honest I find this WAY too funny to be sorry about it now. I'm probably being an even bigger jerk for that.

and yes, gold is quick to make, even a broke gaian like me could make 3 times that much in a day. I just still see the expenditure of something that'll be so shortlived as a waste though.

now, to dissapear into the recesses of some poor child's nightmarish imagination!

ninja :poof.:
And you STILL don't make any sense!

You ARE a horrible troll. 2/10, you got me to post, would not rage again though.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers