Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Frustrated

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:13 pm
Okay I'm a tad bit frustrated here. I know I'm not the most active member of this guild, yeah, but I've run into alot of problems that have kept me offline. Look, I love to rp but usually my rps get so little attention. I know most of you guys on here don't know me but I even run my own guild now. Please give me a reason why this is happening to me. I'm an excellent rp creator and I'm a writer to boot. Why do my rps always fail or never attract members?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Well, from my understanding, this guild isn't as active as it used to be. But if you are looking for some where to post your ideas try 'Why Not?' they have an excellent rp corner.
From what i've seen from your Rps it seems you have a very open ended type of story where everyone can just jump in. Though they are notorious for not being very exciting for very long and have people drop out a lot. There is no defined plot, you just kinda make it up as you go. Some peeps like that, personaly i like reserving a spot, perfecting my charrie turning in my work. Waiting for others and then start off at a good point. But i know the creator of the rp is going to have a story for us to follow, some structure that made us interested in the rp in the first place. More literate members prefer this. Some people even go as far as taking already made character into the role play. Taking 'role' play to a new level.
Don't know if this helps or im just rambling on. Its mostly my opinion on why your RP might not get attention.

-xFawnx-

Wolf

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:43 pm
Well that is they used to be... more recently they aren't as open and the two I have open are limited in the spots they have open...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Spots don't matter, its the plot.
If your going to make a peanutbutter and jelly sandwhich, you know at some point you are going to need bread.
Kind of a lame analogy but its about the same thing. I go into an RP knowing at some point im going to have to fight some thing or im going to have to DO some thing. Like plant a bomb or some thing interesting.
When its open ended like some rps are, its like saying 'hey which sandwhich do you want to make? I already have the bread, make up your own!' and people put their input in and you go and try to make a sandwhich that works.
But it does get boring as peeps start trying to make up good plot points, sensitive moments, and/or a twist within their own character or others. What i find most wrong with open ended rp is how it kind of goes the same direction every time. Repeated events, repeated scenes it's the same old question again. Just the bread just becomes more stale.
I don't know if i am explaining correctly, for it was the only thing i could think of.

-xFawnx-

Wolf

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:53 pm
I know... I'm an excellent writer. just look at my work on the arenas. my old guild and new guild are examples of how good I am. I just haven't done this in a while.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I never questioned your ability to write. Just that maybe your Role Plays need some thing new, rather then just a war then peace then war again. Or even the good verses evil cliche. Peeps are looking for some thing new to eat up.
Instead of jumping with both feet to the other side, maybe just use one. Or find a way to jump with your hands.

You have to be different, not better, not worse. Different.

-xFawnx-

Wolf

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:01 pm
another world and monsters I created myself well, all except one monster that is, is definently original.  
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games