Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Gaian Wedding Chapel Incorporated~ [?]

Back to Guilds

Celebrate or get Married on Gaia in style, while having fun, and at a low cost! 

Tags: Wedding, Chapel, Party, Events, Planning 

Reply ღ Level Seven: The Playroom [Open]
Could I have your input please? <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aryvane

Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:19 pm

User Image

User Image
User Image

This is my (not quite finished) entry for the homepage design contest.

Theme: Spring. Pictures => Mine.

All made using (I kid you not) the joystick on my keypad. (for those of
you who don't know, it's that small red nub on older non-apple computers)

So can I have advice or opinions, please?

xxxxxxx - User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:25 am
How do you make something like that with a joystick!? I had to use one for about a month, and I learned more keyboard shortcuts then than for the rest of my life.
Back to the layout... sweatdrop
The mint green is a tad bit difficult to read. Maybe find a different green in the picture and use that?
Because I'm a grammar freak, I would like it to read "The price>,< you ask?"
And finally, it could be because of how light the mint green is, but the browner words seem to pop out at you, and then they don't make sense read together. You could highlight words that form a sentence read together, like 'GWCI will prepare an amazing wedding at whatever cost you choose,' or adjust the color contrast so that they don't seem to be special words. When I see the highlighted words, I tend to think 'Oh, it's something special,' and then it's just another word...
Yeah. Long critique. But I really do like it, it's just that you asked or criticism. Right?  

Fluitare

Invisible Friend

Houkyou
Vice Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:32 pm
I really like the look overall: Easily readable, good color scheme, and I love the flower. So far, very nice job. The only word I think shouldn't be colored in the brown would be "cards" simply because it's really plain and doesn't stand out in relation to all the other words. Overall, good job, but after reading this over and over, I'll probably need to revise the intro. emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm
Skye Reisato
How do you make something like that with a joystick!? I had to use one for about a month, and I learned more keyboard shortcuts then than for the rest of my life.
Back to the layout... sweatdrop
The mint green is a tad bit difficult to read. Maybe find a different green in the picture and use that?
Because I'm a grammar freak, I would like it to read "The price>,< you ask?"
And finally, it could be because of how light the mint green is, but the browner words seem to pop out at you, and then they don't make sense read together. You could highlight words that form a sentence read together, like 'GWCI will prepare an amazing wedding at whatever cost you choose,' or adjust the color contrast so that they don't seem to be special words. When I see the highlighted words, I tend to think 'Oh, it's something special,' and then it's just another word...
Yeah. Long critique. But I really do like it, it's just that you asked or criticism. Right?

How, you ask? Through immense patience, and a very cramped index finger.
Mostly because my beloved tablet is under lock and key. ;.;

I noticed that too. It used to be worse, believe me. It used to be this vomit-
shade. I'll play around some more with the colour, I suppose. But I did that
part (the text bit) all in microsoft paint, so I really, really don't want to. xD

I really, really appreciate the criticism, though. I'll change it, believe me. I'll
just complain about it a lot first. xD

xxxxxxx - User Image  

Aryvane

Cat

Aryvane

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:47 pm
Saiuri Kamiya
I really like the look overall: Easily readable, good color scheme, and I love the flower. So far, very nice job. The only word I think shouldn't be colored in the brown would be "cards" simply because it's really plain and doesn't stand out in relation to all the other words. Overall, good job, but after reading this over and over, I'll probably need to revise the intro. emotion_bigheart

Thank you. 3nodding

If you want to revise the intro after I submit my entry, by all means. Not a
moment before, though. It means more work for me. xD

xxxxxxx - User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Aryvane
Saiuri Kamiya

Thank you. 3nodding

xxxxxxx - User Image

I'll do it afterwards. XD  

Houkyou
Vice Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

Aryvane

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:59 pm
Saiuri Kamiya
Aryvane
Saiuri Kamiya

Thank you. 3nodding

xxxxxxx - User Image

I love you. Marry me. Join my harem. B)

xxxxxxx - User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 pm
Aryvane
Saiuri Kamiya
Aryvane
Saiuri Kamiya

Thank you. 3nodding

xxxxxxx - User Image

xxxxxxx - User Image

I'd marry you and join your harem ANY day, bby. emotion_hug  

Houkyou
Vice Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

Aryvane

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:01 pm
Saiuri Kamiya
Aryvane
Saiuri Kamiya
Aryvane
Saiuri Kamiya

Thank you. 3nodding

xxxxxxx - User Image

xxxxxxx - User Image

I'd marry you and join your harem ANY day, bby. emotion_hug

emotion_awesome

xxxxxxx - User Image  
ღ Level Seven: The Playroom [Open]

Manage Your Items