Reply Community Lounge
Is anyone into film-making here? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 am
Bass, (late response is late) I'm more trained in AVID Media Composer but Premiere seems to be rather similar. And it works well with After Effects if you want to add anything fancy to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:27 pm
I am, but unfortunately am not really able to pursue it. However, I'm hoping that when I get a job, I can save up some spare money and get a camera. Then I'd be interested in pursuing it more extensively.  

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

PhilliBilliful

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:54 pm
Insignificant Observer
I am, but unfortunately am not really able to pursue it. However, I'm hoping that when I get a job, I can save up some spare money and get a camera. Then I'd be interested in pursuing it more extensively.
What about script writing and storyboarding? That should be cheaper lol. Have you started on any stories?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:44 pm
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer
What about script writing and storyboarding? That should be cheaper lol. Have you started on any stories?

I have, actually. I'm interested in script-writing - I love to write creatively, so that's one of the aspects of film I think I'd enjoy. The main reason I haven't dabbled more seriously in it is because I struggle with the formatting. I just need to work with it more so I feel more comfortable.  

Insignificant Observer

PhilliBilliful

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:34 am
Insignificant Observer
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer

I have, actually. I'm interested in script-writing - I love to write creatively, so that's one of the aspects of film I think I'd enjoy. The main reason I haven't dabbled more seriously in it is because I struggle with the formatting. I just need to work with it more so I feel more comfortable.
Ahh I see! Have you picked up any film-making guides? I'm currently reading The Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook. It's quite informative. But there are some books that are geared towards screenplays and script-writing too I've yet to pick up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:35 pm
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer

Ahh I see! Have you picked up any film-making guides? I'm currently reading The Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook. It's quite informative. But there are some books that are geared towards screenplays and script-writing too I've yet to pick up.

I took a class once where they briefly went over it, but I could use a refresher. Thank you for the recommendation!

What aspect of film are you interested in?

Insignificant Observer

PhilliBilliful

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:55 pm
Insignificant Observer

I took a class once where they briefly went over it, but I could use a refresher. Thank you for the recommendation!

You're welcome! I'm only part of the way through the book so I can't 100% recommend it, but so far it's good! I'm learning a lot.

As far as film making goes, I'm interested in virtually every aspect of it. I love every role from acting, to writing, to costume design, to being a sound/lighting tech, etc etc. I am currently in school to be a certified hair and makeup artist (including Sassoon - which is crazy top notch hair cutting - , and ITEC - which will certify me to work in 38 countries around the world - ) My school is very prestigious and what better way to showcase my abilities than through film?

On that note, I am also working towards entering the NAHA competition under the student category, and then after schooling is done, under a multitude of other categories. There are many other international competitions I intend on participating it as well.

What about you?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:09 pm
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer

You're welcome! I'm only part of the way through the book so I can't 100% recommend it, but so far it's good! I'm learning a lot.

As far as film making goes, I'm interested in virtually every aspect of it. I love every role from acting, to writing, to costume design, to being a sound/lighting tech, etc etc. I am currently in school to be a certified hair and makeup artist (including Sassoon - which is crazy top notch hair cutting - , and ITEC - which will certify me to work in 38 countries around the world - ) My school is very prestigious and what better way to showcase my abilities than through film?

On that note, I am also working towards entering the NAHA competition under the student category, and then after schooling is done, under a multitude of other categories. There are many other international competitions I intend on participating it as well.

What about you?

Good for you! That's quite an impressive skill set you're developing there! How long have you been attending your current school?

I'm just going in to college, and I plan on studying psychology. I'm still going to pursue my writing, though, and I'll probably also participate in theatre again. I really enjoyed the tech work I did in high school, and I can definitely see myself doing more of it in the future. I especially liked doing the make-up. I hope at the college I'm going to they do a lot of big shows!

Insignificant Observer

PhilliBilliful

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:14 pm
Insignificant Observer
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer

What about you?

Good for you! That's quite an impressive skill set you're developing there! How long have you been attending your current school?

I'm just going in to college, and I plan on studying psychology. I'm still going to pursue my writing, though, and I'll probably also participate in theatre again. I really enjoyed the tech work I did in high school, and I can definitely see myself doing more of it in the future. I especially liked doing the make-up. I hope at the college I'm going to they do a lot of big shows!
Thank you very much! I'm excited for my future lol. I've been in school for 3 months, and it is a 1 year program. So the college you are attending, is it an art college or technical institute? (I won't ask for any further details than that, don't worry lol, just making conversation.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:18 pm
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer

What about you?

Thank you very much! I'm excited for my future lol. I've been in school for 3 months, and it is a 1 year program. So the college you are attending, is it an art college or technical institute? (I won't ask for any further details than that, don't worry lol, just making conversation.)

That seems like so much to learn in a year! You must be working very hard!

I'm actually attending a technical institute. Supposedly the theatre program is pretty good too, which is an added bonus.

Insignificant Observer

PhilliBilliful

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 pm
Insignificant Observer

I'm actually attending a technical institute. Supposedly the theatre program is pretty good too, which is an added bonus.
Oh nice! Good luck! ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:53 pm
PhilliBilliful
Insignificant Observer

Oh nice! Good luck! ^.^

Thank you! And good luck to you as well!  

Insignificant Observer

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas