Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
I'm gone for a little bit, and this happens??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:51 pm
well, i need to first apolojize for my long absence, but i have a good excuse. For some reason Google Chrome has crapped out on me, and IE and Mozilla aren't doing so well either. most webpages take 2 or 3 tries to load, and i really only use it to watch Netflix now. ((btw, if anyone has any advice on fixing these i would be really grateful)) Anywho, I recently got a job where i have good access to the internets, but i won't be on very much becuase I don't want to lose it.

In my absence the two games that I was really only playing have gone kaput...so....bummer.

Any further consideration about that Goblins game you had mentioned b4 the merc work started rain?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:48 pm
Whoa, long time no see. I was wondering what happened to you.

If you're looking for games, Ivalice is still running. We hit a rough patch or two but things are picking up again, so you haven't missed all that much if you'd like to jump back in. I'm also seeking more players for my Monster Pit campaign, if you'd have any interest in that.

Unfortunately, I have no ideas on how to fix your browsers. Have you tried reinstalling them?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:58 pm
it could be your computer, processor is overloaded with stuff, or the network card is. try unplugging your computer from the modem/router, then clearing out cash and cookies. Or better yet disk cleanup, and defrag. then plug back in...

If those don't work.... I don't know  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:54 am
iLL iNTENT
Whoa, long time no see. I was wondering what happened to you.

If you're looking for games, Ivalice is still running. We hit a rough patch or two but things are picking up again, so you haven't missed all that much if you'd like to jump back in. I'm also seeking more players for my Monster Pit campaign, if you'd have any interest in that.

Unfortunately, I have no ideas on how to fix your browsers. Have you tried reinstalling them?

I still need to figure out my epuipment, and now i have less time to access the needed materials....

as for reinstalling, yes, i have tried that.

Southern_cross_nemesis
it could be your computer, processor is overloaded with stuff, or the network card is. try unplugging your computer from the modem/router, then clearing out cash and cookies. Or better yet disk cleanup, and defrag. then plug back in...

If those don't work.... I don't know

I'm on wireless, but yeah, i tried that....  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:25 am
can you plug straight in to the router/modem? and If you can, does it help at all?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
My games are paused becuase I'm working relentlessly to finish my book, guess I should have posted about this a while ago. sweatdrop  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 am
Vorastrix
well, i need to first apolojize for my long absence, but i have a good excuse. For some reason Google Chrome has crapped out on me, and IE and Mozilla aren't doing so well either. most webpages take 2 or 3 tries to load, and i really only use it to watch Netflix now. ((btw, if anyone has any advice on fixing these i would be really grateful)) Anywho, I recently got a job where i have good access to the internets, but i won't be on very much becuase I don't want to lose it.

In my absence the two games that I was really only playing have gone kaput...so....bummer.

Any further consideration about that Goblins game you had mentioned b4 the merc work started rain?

I was moving from Connecticut to Nevada recently. Only a half move, because I have a lot of stuff, so I drove down to bring it and some IKEA furniture down to my new house. I have been assembling furniture and trying to get everything set up in my house. It's a Work In Progress, but it's coming along!

However, I still technically live in CT, and work here too, so I had to bring the van I rented back. Now, once I get a job lined up, I can just throw my clothes and computer and D&D books into my car and just go. I tried to get work down there in the past, but since I didn't LIVE in Las Vegas, they wouldn't hire me.

Now I do.

So, needless to say, I've been kind of AWOL from the guild the last two weeks. I'm back now, and trying to get back into my routine. I called out from work today to catch up on missing sleep, and to start getting things set up. I have the next two days off, so I will be posting as DM in all my games, getting End Of All Things started, and any other Captainy responsibilities.

No Goblins yet though ninja I had really wanted to run EOAT instead suddenly, and that hasn't waned.

When I get to Las Vegas, I'll have a lot less familial responsibilities like I have up here in Connecticut. It'll just be me down there, no one else, and I'll have more time to focus on the guild then. I am quite looking forward to it. Goblins: The Game will probably start at that point, to be honest.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to. My games aren't dead, just hiatus'd.

Also, @ your browser situation: Have you considered backing up your files and reformatting? I've never had that same problem as you, but my father did, and that's how he got things to run at normal speed/efficiency again.

Also, it could be a malware problem: Malware Bytes is free and should help clean out your PC, if you don't have it already. I use it as a second line of defense to keep my PC clean, and I strongly recommend it. Also, their forums are a good place to turn to for quick, expert assistance in getting your computer working right again. Tell them what your problem is, provide some information, and they'll walk you through the process of repairing your PC.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:43 pm
well, thanks for all the advice, but i have since discovered that it is likely something wrong with my wireless broadcaster. We recently got a new router from the internet provider, and i htink it is conflicting with my really old wireless broadcaster....ooooooor, i have to get a new computer....I would like a new computer, and have a new job now to finance it, but i don't really want the stress of spending that much money, becuase i have a vision that the moment I do, i will lose this awesome suppoy of money i have going on right now  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces