Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fantastic Realities: Reboot [4E] - FULL Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:33 am
Vampfighter1
Drag0nK1d
Vampfighter1
Fixed. Changed Weapon Prof to Alchemy. Got a mace instead. Changed Surges.

You know you don't have to take both alchemy & ritual caster seperately. You can choose 1 or the other. Not recommending (unless human or [if themes are allowed] taking the alchemist theme from dragon #399) to take both.
You could pick up a singing stick via weapon proficiency feat or take say Dwarven Rod expertise from Drag #402 (if I recall makes a rod a weapliment).
Just figured I'd suggest it.

I know I don't have to take it, but the abilities of Alchemy and of Rituals are too tempting..

Very true.
It's just an idea & a bit of a concern, knowing you got 2 ritual casters in the party so you wouldn't have to take both. Also, if I recall correctly, leaders aren't very 'accurate' so a tier-scaling expertise feat can help you out more.
Again, being a good sumaritan & I apologize in advance if I'm being a pressuring pain.

Then again I should talk. Didn't take an accuracy-boosting feat myself for the wizard & took an implement which (according to the guides on wizards.com) isn't that good in comparison to orbs or rods (I might be wrong bout that).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:12 am
Drag0nK1d
Vampfighter1
Drag0nK1d
Vampfighter1

You know you don't have to take both alchemy & ritual caster seperately. You can choose 1 or the other. Not recommending (unless human or [if themes are allowed] taking the alchemist theme from dragon #399) to take both.
You could pick up a singing stick via weapon proficiency feat or take say Dwarven Rod expertise from Drag #402 (if I recall makes a rod a weapliment).

I know I don't have to take it, but the abilities of Alchemy and of Rituals are too tempting..

Very true.
It's just an idea & a bit of a concern, knowing you got 2 ritual casters in the party so you wouldn't have to take both. Also, if I recall correctly, leaders aren't very 'accurate' so a tier-scaling expertise feat can help you out more.
Again, being a good sumaritan & I apologize in advance if I'm being a pressuring pain.

Then again I should talk. Didn't take an accuracy-boosting feat myself for the wizard & took an implement which (according to the guides on wizards.com) isn't that good in comparison to orbs or rods (I might be wrong bout that).

Very few classes get built-in attack bonuses, it has nothing to do with being a leader or not. Leaders just have a lot more riding on an attack then simply damaging their targets. Everybody is wise to have an Expertise feat, preferably the specific ones from the Essentials books and later.

I would recommend against dropping Ritual Caster, as ritual casting is what artificers do best. If you were to learn alchemy, definitely get the feat Master Mixer in the EPG. It's artificer-only, and it gives the same function of Alchemist only better.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 am
Finished inputting my equipment....i have just under 5gp left XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:18 am
Vampfighter1
Drag0nK1d
Vampfighter1

Looks good to me! mrgreen Though where did you learn Dwarven and Orcish...?  

joe-dude667

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:32 am
Orchish... From books.
Dwarven, It's a trader language. You learn where you try to sell.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:06 am
Vampfighter1
Orchish... From books.

I mean mechanically wise. You start with Common, Elven and Sylvan, but need to take the linguist feat to learn any new languages. There are other ways (such as familiars or magical items), but you don't have any of those.  

joe-dude667

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 am
joe-dude667
Vampfighter1
Orchish... From books.

I mean mechanically wise. You start with Common, Elven and Sylvan, but need to take the linguist feat to learn any new languages. There are other ways (such as familiars or magical items), but you don't have any of those.

Don't you get a bonus language per point of int mod?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:01 am
Oh.... found the passage. So back to the normal languages.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:21 pm
That was 3.5. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:44 pm
This game is ON. cool  

joe-dude667

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff