Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
christian movies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 am
I was thinking....you know the VERY popular movies right?
....like 300....or those roman ones....clash of the titans....lol
there are bible stories that would put those to shame...cause...I dont know about the rest of you but I think that king David could have wiped the walls with that linitus king of sparta guy...lol
and if you look at it all...especially the story of david has everything that the world wants in a movie...

David killed ten thousand men to proove his love for a single woman.... the movie would be a smash hit if not for the war on religion
what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 am
lol, you're totally right. *High five.* There is a popular phrase I hear kicked around "The Bible is a PG 14 book." Isn't that what Hollywood wants? ; ) But either way, I think it's better if Hollywood stays away from all things about Jesus. D : They twist and turn things to glamorize it up.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:26 am
yeah...I do worry about what Hollywood would do...
if you think about it....David lived the immoral sexual life that Hollywood glorifies and no doubt they would capitalize on that  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:46 am
Ha ha, I would honestly consider the Bible to be rated "R" if it was truly put on film as close to Bible as possible because you have capital punishment, gruesome deaths, plenty of battles between nations and sometimes among their own people, prostitution, sex, etc.

However, the Bible is an awesome book and is always an awesome read. It's kind of funny how it was mentioned earlier how Hollywood wants that kind of older audience content yet when people try to make a movie involving the Bible, it is hardly encouraged by Hollywood. However, it has so many elements in it that it would probably make it way too entertaining for Hollywood's taste razz Nah, some are probably just afraid of causing stirs between denominations and actually admitting that God exists.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Entertainment Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items