Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
STOP KONY 2012

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PuellaSumDei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:04 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Thre's the link right there.
Watch the video, and see how you can help.
A man has been abducting children and having them murder for 26 years.
Take the pledge to aid and deliver these children from a life of murder and fear.
We can do this, together.
Tell the world.

User Image

I pray that this man is stopped, and that these children are saved...
Please, help out this cause.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:34 pm
Heres a petition I found. petition here

Ive been following this on my facebook.  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:11 pm
I just heard about this "Kony" thing last not on the CB last night and wasn't sure what it was all about. Now I feel a bit more informed and it sounds pretty ugly. I wouldn't doubt if there's already a petition for it on change.org, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 pm
Aquatic_blue
I just heard about this "Kony" thing last not on the CB last night and wasn't sure what it was all about. Now I feel a bit more informed and it sounds pretty ugly. I wouldn't doubt if there's already a petition for it on change.org, too.

Actually there is! : D I signed it earlier! I thought I found it in the description of the video, but...I'll find it for you at some point. ^_^  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 am
Br1ttana
Aquatic_blue

Actually there is! : D I signed it earlier! I thought I found it in the description of the video, but...I'll find it for you at some point. ^_^

Awesome smile and no worries about finding it for me. I'm sure the second I'm logged in, it will pop up in the "popular" or "recent" section ^_^ thanks for the offer, though! I will definitely sign next time I'm signed into change.org smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:08 am
I know it is wrong for us to do so...but I have always believed that people like that need to die...I have a hard time praying for his salvation
I can only seem to hope and pray for his death...I do not believe that this man will face true justice if he is just ...caught...I think he needs to die

I dont know what else to say  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:57 am
I think this is great. We are getting awareness out about this and the children are being 'seen'. This situation needs to be known about and these children helped. ---Edit: The main thing is, we should be focusing on giving this issue a voice, to help the government know that we want them to continue doing something about it. If we don't, they might feel "America doesn't care about this anymore...We don't need our troops over there helping any more I guess." So definitely continue to sign the petitions and such, this is just a warning about Invisible Children not the issue that they are pushing forward. Youtuber NigaHiga posted this very light hearted version of the video, that is basically it in short form. Click meeeeee. : )

HOWEVER, I need to put a warning on donations to the "Invisible Children" organization. I can not find the exact article I had found earlier but for now this will do:

"They don’t allow their financials to be audited, they’re rated poorly by some major charity watchdog groups, and only 31% of their money actually goes to helping people according to one financial statement they did release. And Kony himself hasn't been seen or active in any guerrilla organizations since 2006"

From the other article I read earlier (what I can remember); Most of the money goes to advertising and film productions, then staff, then the Ugandan military forces that have their own history of rape and looting as well as the issue of not having Kony in their area any longer. Then there is the fact that they want to protect the children, the same children that Kony uses as body guards which is one reason why it's been so hard to get him, but they just want forces to go in and get Kony dead.

There was also, however, a comment on that earlier thread that interested me. She had stated(obviously paraphrased) that while the organization's use of the money may not be for the best: They were the only ones doing anything for all of these years. Now that they had the word out and more than ever PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT KONY, they won't have to spend the money on advertising and such any longer. The staff needs the money to support their family while they are busy on their 'mission' and trips to visit those like Jacob. The Ugandan military might have a bad sack of rumors and history, but they are fighting. And they have tried everything, every time they get close to him, having to let him get away. There's not much left to do." (Last point for me made me think: "And what 'if' he ever decides to move his HQ across waters?")

You can take what you want from this. It's just a warning as I said before. I got the warning form one of my favorite vlogging brothers, (Points if you can actually guess who.) and proceeded to do more research on my own.

Always make sure to do your research to know where EXACTLY you are sending the Lord's money. And of course ask him if you are really unsure. : )

I done now. ^_^ <3

Edit- I found this in the comments of the article I quoted. Someone else replied saying that Tumbler isn't exactly the greatest source which is true, ("tumblr isn't a legitimate website to help arguments") but you decide. Click on the meeeeee. Quick snip it that was posted in the comments: "Last year I went to Gulu, Uganda, where Invisible Children is based, and interviewed over 50 locals. Every single person questioned Invisible Children’s legitimacy and intention. Every single person. If anything, it seemed the people saw Invisible Children as a bigger threat than Joseph Kony at the time. Why is it the very people you are trying to'help' feel more offense than relief with your aid?...You are not asking for peace, but violence. The fighting has stopped in the past 5 years and the Acholi are finally enjoying some peace. You will be inviting the LRA and the fighting back into Uganda and disturbing this peace. The last time Invisible Children got politically involved and began lobbying it actually caused more violence and deaths. I beg you not to do it again."

2nd Edit: Found this in a Youtube comment."So many people are saying that he stopped in 2006, so does that mean that he can just get away with it, that suddenly he isn't as bad a person??? And as a African i can tell you know that the so called small amount of money they have donated is worth so much to these people!!
This isn't about Invisible Children, this is about a sadistic man that should be brought to justice!!"
---Again, it's up to you what you take from this. : ) But the main thing is, we should be focusing on giving this issue a voice, to help the government know that we want them to continue doing something about it. If we don't, they might feel "America doesn't care about this anymore...We don't need our troops over there helping any more I guess." So definitely continue to sign the petitions and such, this is just a warning about Invisible Children not the issue that they are pushing forward. Youtuber NigaHiga posted this very light hearted version of the video, that is basically it in short form. Click meeeeee. : )  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:17 pm
Aquatic_blue
Awesome smile and no worries about finding it for me. I'm sure the second I'm logged in, it will pop up in the "popular" or "recent" section ^_^ thanks for the offer, though! I will definitely sign next time I'm signed into change.org smile

lol, it popped up in my email today to share with more people. : 3 You probably found it by now, but if you haven't or for anyone else - http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-joseph-kony-once-and-for-all ^_^ <3  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

PuellaSumDei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:26 pm
Br1ttana

I was thinking about the funds earlier, since I was shown the same link to the Tumblr earlier this week, and I considered the 32-31% of fudns that reach the children...

Thing is, they spend money on their personnel to pay them and send them all over the place and spread the word :]
Whether the amount that actually goes to the cause itself is 10%, 30%, or 70%, the more that know about it, the more money they're going to get :]  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:15 pm
Br1ttana
Aquatic_blue

lol, it popped up in my email today to share with more people. : 3 You probably found it by now, but if you haven't or for anyone else - http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-joseph-kony-once-and-for-all ^_^ <3

Actually, I've been lazy and haven't looked for it so I appreciate the link! Thanks! smile  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:17 pm
Luna_LoneWolf
Br1ttana

I was thinking about the funds earlier, since I was shown the same link to the Tumblr earlier this week, and I considered the 32-31% of fudns that reach the children...

Thing is, they spend money on their personnel to pay them and send them all over the place and spread the word :]
Whether the amount that actually goes to the cause itself is 10%, 30%, or 70%, the more that know about it, the more money they're going to get :]

That is what I was thinking. But I think, from what I have found, what really is bugging people is their payment of the Ugandan forces first and second the film production/advertisement stuff.

I personally was going to buy an action kit, but like I said before; when I got the warning from the VlogBrothers I proceeded to do more research and found all this stuff which made me cautious of donating. I kind of would still like the bracelet though. : (  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:18 pm
Aquatic_blue
Br1ttana
Aquatic_blue

Actually, I've been lazy and haven't looked for it so I appreciate the link! Thanks! smile

You're very welcome! ^_^ Glad to help. <3  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:54 am
Br1ttana
Aquatic_blue
Br1ttana
Aquatic_blue

You're very welcome! ^_^ Glad to help. <3

smile And I'm glad to sign petitions. I honestly hope that he gets stopped this year!  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games