Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
O_O HELP!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:14 am
OK...my girl friend and I are strickly on a relationship that is morally correct in the eyes of God if you catch my meaning....
now...I am only human...and male for that matter....and she is VERY beautiful...though..I managed to keep my hormones in check. now....she always comes to me with her problems...I enjoy helping her through her tough times....
now...she has come to me telling me that for some reason she has an incredible urge for....well...you know....and for the average man this would be a dream come true...now we all know what we are supposed to do but...I need a little advice here...she needs some sort of attention....and I am not willing to go against my morals...and tomorrow it is a garentee that if anything happens and her...feelings are slated she will see the mistake....

I just need advice....what can be done?
can her problems be resolved or satisfied without breaking my or her morals?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 am
Tell her that it is out of your love and respect for God and her that you can't do something like that. Also God's desire in your life before your own. You two
must overcome temptation. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12 NIV84)
Sorry that's all I can think of this early in the morning.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:34 am
we both know this...
though....I thank you for your input...I just am needing to know if there is anything I can do for her that does NOT violate my oaths to God  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:38 am
kesuke uchiha
we both know this...
though....I thank you for your input...I just am needing to know if there is anything I can do for her that does NOT violate my oaths to God

It's a hormone + love = this situation. Thus you need to talk with her about it.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:46 am
yes....though...generally I can hold back my hormones...and we know what love means...it has nothing to do with hormones or what they tend to bring
we talk every day about important relationship problems....it is very important to both of us  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:11 am
I always say speak to an older person you look up to or a pastor/minister. Older trusted friends or family have been through these types of situations and can understand. Spiritual leaders deal with these questions on a daily bases so they are used to these types of issues and can advise on how to deal with it.
I would say when these types of urges come up maybe to go do some fun activity together in a public setting like walking through a park or playing mini golf exc.......  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:49 pm
What KnightKids said. <3 I couldn't have thought of anything better than going to one who is wiser, older, and also a brother in Christ. Getting your mind off of the problem, by busying yourself with other activities is also very helpful. If you kiss or hold hands, try staying away from that. It seems very light, simple, and non-harmful. But hormones are a strong thing and those actions can strengthen such hormones.

Also, just continue talking with each other as you have been doing. I'm very glad to see that you say you are communicating very much about this. The top two things for a strong relationship is a strong foundation in Christ and then communication. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 am
First of all, I'd like to congratulate you for not giving in to temptation. The devil uses many people to distract you away from God. And I'm afraid the devil is using your girlfriend to do exactly the same.

To do or not to do is your choice and yours alone and she has to respect it. I think your girlfriend needs Jesus and you need to talk to her about Him, and you need to pray for the strength to say no, because it sounds like you really need it.

Good luck to you and God bless. (:

N o r m a R o s e

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:10 pm
I also face temptation. I've learned to "pray away" these urges. And that it what I suggest. Paul said it is better to marry than to burn.
1 John 2:16-17
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever
1Peter 2:11
...Abstain from fleshy lusts which wage war against the soul....
2 Timothy 2:22
22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Honestly, I would even avoid kissing your GF because though we can stop the kissing it does get us hot and bothered. Why should we put that temptation on ourselves?
It is better to marry if you are of age. Pray for guidence. I know it can be hard to want a taste of the ice cream without disobeying God, but I personally feel that anything that falls under the catagory of physical activity will cause us to burn. It is better to marry than to burn. But you'll learn to respect each other more, in a deeper way if you avoided such things that turn you on.
I believe you can spend quality time together without cuddling, or holding hands, and talking to each other, getting inside each other's minds is the best route to choose. I hope I helped.
I've learned the hard way that being physical with someone is just leading us into temptation because it opens that door of lust even with just kissing.  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games