Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
does anyone else have this problem? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zhiliolia

Greedy Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:12 pm
people have the right to choose, therefore, he has no right to make fun of you for choosing to keep your virginity until you're married, but as well you have no right to judge him for the opposite.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 pm
Conflict such as that can be absolutely annoying and obnoxious, but here are some verses I absolutely love about people like that:

Proverbs 9:12
If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.

Proverbs 10:8
The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin.

Proverbs 11:12
A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue.

Proverbs 12:16
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult..

Proverbs 20:3
It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.

Proverbs 1:22-27
“How long will you who are simple love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge?
Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.
But since you refuse to listen when I call
and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand,
since you disregard all my advice
and do not accept my rebuke,
I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you;
I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

2 Timothy 2:23-24
Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

(Proverbs has a lot on this topic, it's an interesting and pretty straight forward read - definitely makes me feel better about these situations in life)

It always make me want to smile whenever someone it trying to poke fun. As Christians, we should be grateful to suffer persecution from others in the name of Jesus!:

“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” 2 Timothy 3:12 NIV

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.” John 15:18-20 NIV

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:10 NIV  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:50 pm
Oh, yes, definitely. And you know what the best part is? You have to love those very same people who fail at making logical arguments and who curse you out as a result.

Matthew 5:10, my friend...Matthew 5:10.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:21 pm
Yeah, i'd have people message me mainly just to piss me off, even when the thread wasnt even about God.  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:05 pm
Yep  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:55 pm
zhiliolia
people have the right to choose, therefore, he has no right to make fun of you for choosing to keep your virginity until you're married, but as well you have no right to judge him for the opposite.

Actually judging him all depends on if he is a Christian. The only part in scripture that say we are not to judge is when it is talking about the world. "For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves." 1 Corinthians 5:12, 13. We are to judge other Christians to keep each other accountable. In fact, all the other scriptures about judging are actually talking about not judging hypocritically. For some reason judging has gotten a bad connotation. We have to judge rather someone is a good or bad influence all the time. We must judge our children so we may teach them right from wrong. There is nothing wrong with judging but it's passing judgement on someone, outside of the law, that is wrong.

Towards the OP: God doesn't have a person destined for everyone for some people are called to be forever alone. By saying such you are stating that it's God's will for everyone to marry, that is not the case. For example, Paul never married, being the upstanding apostle that he was, do you think he would try to defy God in such a way. In fact scripture says several times that staying virgin is the most preferred thing. "But if any man thinks that he is acting unbecomingly toward his virgin daughter, if she is past her youth, and if it must be so, let him do what he wishes, he does not sin; let her marry. But he who stands firm in his heart, being under no constraint, but has authority over his own will, and has decided this in his own heart, to keep his own virgin daughter, he will do well. So then both he who gives his own virgin daughter in marriage does well, and he who does not give her in marriage will do better." 1 Corinthians 7:36-38. "But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, and his interests are divided. The woman who is unmarried, and the virgin, is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband." 1 Corinthians 7:32-34.

Ok, now my lesson/rant is over. Thanks for putting up with me.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

zhiliolia

Greedy Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:37 pm
emorhconom esor
zhiliolia

Actually judging him all depends on if he is a Christian. The only part in scripture that say we are not to judge is when it is talking about the world. "For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves." 1 Corinthians 5:12, 13. We are to judge other Christians to keep each other accountable. In fact, all the other scriptures about judging are actually talking about not judging hypocritically. For some reason judging has gotten a bad connotation. We have to judge rather someone is a good or bad influence all the time. We must judge our children so we may teach them right from wrong. There is nothing wrong with judging but it's passing judgement on someone, outside of the law, that is wrong.

Towards the OP: God doesn't have a person destined for everyone for some people are called to be forever alone. By saying such you are stating that it's God's will for everyone to marry, that is not the case. For example, Paul never married, being the upstanding apostle that he was, do you think he would try to defy God in such a way. In fact scripture says several times that staying virgin is the most preferred thing. "But if any man thinks that he is acting unbecomingly toward his virgin daughter, if she is past her youth, and if it must be so, let him do what he wishes, he does not sin; let her marry. But he who stands firm in his heart, being under no constraint, but has authority over his own will, and has decided this in his own heart, to keep his own virgin daughter, he will do well. So then both he who gives his own virgin daughter in marriage does well, and he who does not give her in marriage will do better." 1 Corinthians 7:36-38. "But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, and his interests are divided. The woman who is unmarried, and the virgin, is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband." 1 Corinthians 7:32-34.

i aint disagreeing with you are anything, but please clarify this to me. I thought Christianity came after the Bible. They were all still Jews back then, and Jesus was supposed to be a continuation of Judaism, but then it broke into two sects, so why does it use the term Christian?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:01 pm
zhiliolia
emorhconom esor
zhiliolia

i aint disagreeing with you are anything, but please clarify this to me. I thought Christianity came after the Bible. They were all still Jews back then, and Jesus was supposed to be a continuation of Judaism, but then it broke into two sects, so why does it use the term Christian?

These weren't the words of Christ. Corinthians was written by Paul over a decade after Jesus' resurrection. During that time Christians were trying to figure out what to call themselves. You'll find scripture calling us The Way, The Brotherhood, ect. It was in Rome that Christian was coined, which it is understandable Paul would use that term due to the fact he was born a Roman citizen. Also not everyone was Jewish back then. For example, Paul was the apostle of the Gentiles, which means anyone that wasn't Jewish. Christianity would have already have been considered a religion by the time Revelation was written, which was written circa 87 A.D.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Christian friends

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out