Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Homebrewed Class Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:28 pm
Alright, first off it will appear I don't have as much time as I first though, sorry as of now no games. But I have re-created an old homebrewed prestige class I had for Pathfinder. A question has came up on the alignment restriction... So I pose the question to you. Could you guys see a CG character using these class abilities?

Quote:
Dark Hunter
Hd d10

Requirements
Alignment: No lawful or good
Skill: Knowledge (Nature) 6 ranks.
Feat: Track.

Skills 2+ intell mod
Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Stealth (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Good saves Fort and Reflex
Bab: High (+1 per level)

1st Bone Forge, Reaper’s touch
2nd Bone accuracy +1
3rd Sneak attack 1d6
4th Reaper’s Grasp
5th Bone accuracy +2
6th Sneak attack 2d6
7th Reaper’s Grasp
8th Bone accuracy +3
9th Sneak Attack 3d6
10th Reaper’s Grasp, Master Bone Forger

Bone Forge: Taking parts of a fallen foe, or off of an already dead body, the dark hunter can craft a non magical melee weapon or Ammo out of it. The dead body can’t be undead or be from a fallen undead creature (Follow normal rules for Craft, the materials are the bone and harvested part drops the creation costs ¼) All weapons or ammo forged this way take -3 Damage and Attack rolls (Minimal 1 damage) The Reaper’s class abilities only effect items made by that Dark hunter

Reaper’s touch: A creature attacked by Dark hunter Bone Forged weapon to the same beast the bone was forged from.(Bones of an animal hitting a bear.) The creature must make a Fort save DC (13+ Dark hunter Wisdom modifier) or take 1d2 Con. The damage turns into +1d8 hp damage instead if same type, but not of the same subtype and the creature fails the DC roll, though the DC remains the same in ether case. (Weapon was made from an elf bones and the target is an Orc.) Reaper’s touch doesn’t affect undead creatures or creatures if not even same type.

Bone Accuracy: Dark hunter takes a bonus to attack with weapons forged though the Bone Forge ability

Reaper’s Grasp: Increase Reaper’s touch damage to 1d4 Con/+2d8 on a failed save. It increases to 1d6 Con/+3d8 at level 7 and to 1d8 Con/+4d8 at level 10

Master Bone Forger: Your skill in your craft allows you to deal the bonus to damage done with your weapons, to effect those outside the creature's type. The damage is added after a critical strike normal multiplier is figured

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:23 pm
Sounds like a shadow hunter.

Races generally easier to format, given their lack of a base mechanic and method of attack...

But in 3.5E, classes should be easier than 4E (despite all the ones being pumped out lol).

It looks alright, but I don't know if it's balanced, but I'm not too good at 3.5E. xp

The concept in and of itself looks awesome though, and I can see ammo from dead bodies being very useful useful.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm
Suicidesoldier#1
This is a remake for Pathfinder, the original was for 3.0.

I liked the idea when I made it, and still do, I just never got the chance to play with it. So I updated it slightly in hopes to. I showed the class to someone and they liked it but wanted me to change the alignment requirement. Personally I just don't see a good guy doing such...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Suicidesoldier#1
This is a remake for Pathfinder, the original was for 3.0.

I liked the idea when I made it, and still do, I just never got the chance to play with it. So I updated it slightly in hopes to. I showed the class to someone and they liked it but wanted me to change the alignment requirement. Personally I just don't see a good guy doing such...

Well, the requirement is usually pretty standard in 3.5E I've noticed, with like Rogues and paladins and stuff, but it's not necessary in some other game styles. xp  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:05 am
A weapon which does con damage seems a bit op to me. Sneak attack dice I think I would be taking 10 levels of rogue before coming into this class and exploiting this damage.

8d6 +1d8 con/4d8 +whatever you could have at that level?

WHAT IF YOU CRIT?!

96+16 con damage temp loss of (Assuming 18 con so they could survive it, 160hp if it actually removes con bonus per level, otherwise anything with 16 con or less has died here. )/32 +10 from magic+weapon dice+strength+bane+holy/evil/etc. 138+ damage maximum if you critical.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:59 pm
I have to say- rather than comment on where it's Path fair or not- my first observation is why can't he use of the bones of a formerly undead creature- after it's been re-killed it should just be the bones of whatever it was before unless you're trying to say the negative energy of it having once been an undead ruined that- but supposedly once an undead falls to 0 HP it's just dead again- that's why Resurrection and the like while it doesn't work to turn an undead to living, it does once you've killed the undead and made the body just dead...

that said... Chaotic Good basically desecrating corpses even if it's supposed to honor the memory of the fallen is kinda gruesome.. some CG would be willing to go that far- but that's really more of an evil act- even if it's done for good reasons (and this comes from a player who argues that even though necromancy is an evil act, that doesn't mean only evil characters would use it...)  

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items